Maj'Dul Arena?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lexington, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Lexington New Member

What happened to the Maj'Dul Arena? The PvP "Pokemon" style one were you obtained different champions to play as from quests, loot, etc.?

Is this gone completely? Entrance not clickable, and no NPC outside who had the champions for sale/redemption.

Sad panda, if so.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It was taken out.

I am very sad about it.

Kander pls.

Ty.
    Lexington and Frostfang like this.
  3. Xevran Well-Known Member

It was removed because literally no one used it. And while it'd be a neat novelty for this server I really don't think it's worth dev time if it's not simple to re-enable.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't buy that; no one uses dungeon maker but it's still in game, for example.

There was no arena on FG either.... I wonder if it exists on the standard servers and they just disabled it for TLE. I don't have enough curiosity to log in and check.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I lied, my curiosity got the best of me and no, there is no more arena on the standard servers. They probably broke it at some point, or needed that back-end hardware for something else, and just removed it. They had some cool titles you could get like "the Champion".
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

Is it still in the game? I honestly had no idea.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Somedude Active Member

Arena died some time ago. Lack of use, and a different direction (battlegrounds).
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yeah, but in battlegrounds could you run a group of gnoll trapper's around your flag and just laugh when the entire group suicides to your wall traps?!?!?
  9. Seth Well-Known Member

I too am disapointed, i had no idea it was taken out, went with a few others to have a match in their and boom it's not open. Quite a crazy thing to realise, that the Highlight of Maj'Dul, something that provided a totally new experience to eq2 was gone, vanished, finito. Like at least at the very least make the doors of the arena open so we can wander in and view what we once shared as good memories. Or just remove the arena from the map and make a roundabout because that's were this game is going if stuff cant be adressed correctly.
  10. Somedude Active Member

I'm slightly amused as there is a similar discussion thread about Guild PVP in EQ1 TLE. They allowed two guild leaders to decide to go to war and enable PVP between anyone between the two guilds.

Guild PVP like the Arena were some of the least used components of the game and they were removed to make way and support other initiatives long ago.

Some Nostalgia must remain truely Nostalgia and can not be repeated.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Hah, I remember doing the guild war thing once. It was exciting for like 10 minutes.
  12. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I did enjoy the Maj'Dul arena.
  13. Somedude Active Member

Yeah, that summed up my experience with the Arena as well. Certainly recognize a few people probably enjoyed it more than me, but I think we can all agree neither of these features were widely used.
    Xevran likes this.