+Main Stat and damage boost?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Silzin, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Silzin Active Member

Some guildies and I have been doing some testing with the +20% to all stats and the only effects we are seeing is the STA and HP, and the increase to other stats and having no effect on the amount of damage the character is doing. can any one else confirm that gaining more stats is not giving more damage and not giving more of the Conversion abilities in Prestige (CB, Pot, or WDB) ?

we have used strike of consistency and we have used average parsing (DPS goes down down my about 5% -10% when using it)

I/we can produce parses if needed, but i would like to see if others are seeing this also?

Edit: this also applies to + Stat white adorns
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Seems to apply for me.

Strike of Consistency with 2 Attribute Charms equipped and not clicked (18398 Str - 176.86%) - Damage 391,893
    Strike of Consistency with 2 Attributes Charms equipped, and clicked (15209 Str - 168.99%) - Damage 381,001
    Beee likes this.
  3. Silzin Active Member

ok, I will do more testing then.
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I couldn't reproduce the concern either. Even popping on 1 white primary stat adorn off was enough to noticeably impact both the tooltip ranges of all spells, and the actual consistent damage of strike of consistency. Taking off my All Stats +%, of course made an even bigger difference. (with no other changes)
  5. Ravnor New Member

I did several 10 minute auto attack tests on a combat dummy. I found no detectable difference in my auto attack damage with and without Bolstered Attributes.
  6. Hene New Member

Primary stats do not affect auto attack damage. They should, however, affect base ability damage
  7. Poofe Active Member

The weapon damage tooltip increases as you increase your primary stat.

It's probably easier to see on TLE than live due to the inflation in values and other elements.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

You must not forget: Clicking an attribute charm reduces the own primary attribute but Supports all ohter groupmembers and rises their Primary attribute.

In some cases the tooltip and display overshots.. eg if the benefit of Word Ablaze changes from 9->6%.. it seems to be removed and seems to ocure some seconds later with the correct value, but internally it works correct (tested on a training dummy). This seemes to be caused by a missing display update. :)