Magic Makeover Mirror

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by T'zadin, Mar 21, 2023.

1. T'zadin New Member

Halls of Fate, Erinyes - arasai fury, Sundered Frontier, just once, 0355 on Mar 21 2023, default UI

Used the 2-yr veteran reward Magic Makeover Mirror. It opened a window that instructed me to camp and choose the character in question and choose character customization. I did so, but nothing. There is no option to customize. I camped completely to desktop and ran the patcher again, didn't help. I have, since that time, fully rebooted the computer as well (it needed it). I petitioned first but they are unable to provide help and directed me here.

I do have a shave and a cut as well but did not want to use it in case the bug that made the mirror not work would be further compounded by another item that does essentially the same thing.

Please advise.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can go to a barber in a city and have them update your appearance for a few silver.
  3. T'zadin New Member

I mentioned I already had a shave and a cut to use but wasn't sure if I should or not and possibly compound whatever is interfering with the mirror working.
  4. T'zadin New Member

Did not work. I have removed all buffs in case some illusion spell is the issue.
  5. Avarice Member

Magic mirror lets you set appearance from the Select Character screen, same as when you first created a character. The benefit of doing this instead of 'Shave and a Cut' is that you're able to zoom much closer and get a better idea of what each slider is changing. That's it. Is it possible you're choosing your character from the launcher and bypassing the Select Character screen altogether? If so, try hitting Play on LaunchPad without choosing a character.

In Select Character screen you're looking for the "Set Appearance" button as shown below. That is what the magic mirror enables you to use, once. After you set your appearance this way, future changes will need to be done in-game using the barber's item.

[IMG]
    Twyla and Mugwort like this.