Mage Ethereals ...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cefur, Jun 19, 2016.

1. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it asked - what about illy for runes?

I got into the ethereal thing late on my illy, so I'm in a situation where I will only have enough coins to buy one rune. Can anyone confirm if Mimicry resets? That is about the only spell I'd really want to reset, since everything else refreshes pretty fast (well, like to reset Time Warp too if it resets). It seems like AA-granted spells don't always reset with the rune.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

No. Mimicry doesn't reset
  3. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Kraeref - since the siphon rune is widely considered to be trashy I guess that leaves me with the DC rune. I don't want to blow the coins on jewelry that will likely be replaced by solo gear next expac. :)
    Cefur likes this.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

Summoner question (congy) If you had to choose between the DC rune or the Reset rune which would you choose and why?
  5. Yoube Active Member

Reset
    Ratza likes this.
  6. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

But you forgot the whyyyyyy? Inquiring minds want to know!
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

resets AEs

DC rune is annoying. spam central that's not filterable from log and keeps you in combat often after mob dies (at least old version, assuming new one as well).
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

If you have the recast 8th gem would you still choose the reset?
  9. sycla Active Member

fix the primary ethereal (expertise) to show the proper damage rather than 1% of the the spell it shows for swarms and now that swarms have been nerfed to the point it makes no sense to cast them it is safe and reasonable to add them to the list of resets on ranged rune as well.
    Beee likes this.
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

yea