Mage AA pet vs merc

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Skeezie, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Skeezie Active Member

Just a comment:

I was bored, made a trio of conjuror's - one has guardian merc, one the ranger and the third has the CE healer merc. The healer merc wasn't quite keeping up (doing only dungeons, not questing) so tried the Hydromancer AA at about level 25. Since then two are using the mage pet and the third the AA healer pet. All three toons are now level 39, starting tracking dps at about the same time I swapped to the healer pet.

Interestingly enough the AA healer pet is outhealing Krivok, the CE merc at about a 3:2 rate. Dropping a fire pet for the healer dropped DPS of course - DPS now differs between the others at about exactly the same ratio 2:3. Not sure I'd ever use the healer AA on my 95 conj but it's working for me for this trio so far.

Fun as heck too!
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

The healer pet is only good at low level. If you have enough AA to get it pre-50 AND you're not soloing AND you don't have a dedicated healer in your group, I guess it's cool :)
    After you level past DoF zones, it's useless. (Mage pet + Inqui/any healer merc >> healer pet + any merc.)