Madinore Forever Decorated by Ocarinah for me (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Recently I've lost my mom in real life in April of this year and Oaky was my saving grace completely and totally when it came to saving my sanity. Ocarinah built me a home that I can go talk to my mother in. I did not get the Opportunity to say "farewell" or I love you. She was taken from us all too soon. We are truly blessed when our friends become our family and EQ2 has bridged the gap for me between RL and Game Life and merged those worlds for me. I used to talk to my mom 3-4 times a week and before Ocarinah built this house for me I had a huge gaping hole in my heart with no way to talk to my mom -- now I have a way to speak to her.

I wanted to share this with you all today -- I have never seen a lighthouse built in norrath before now. Everything in this house are all of her favourites or they tell stories about her life.

Thank you Ocarinah for giving me a way to talk to my mother once again.

It's located on AB -- Freeport side -- City of Mist -- Archeria or under Massive Homes on the Leaderboards -- Madinore Forever Decorated by Ocarinah

[IMG]

[IMG]

Having High Tea (one of her favourite things to do)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Ocarinah saying Hello!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Inside of the Church / Mausoleum area

[IMG]

[IMG]

Memorial area

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lighthouse & Lightkeeper's House

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Gretel, Kaitheel, Katz and 6 others like this.
  2. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Darkzypher. Thank you for sharing this wonderful design by Ocarinah. That light house is amazing and I'm glad you have a place to mourn. I have lost two people recently in my life as well and I really want to create a place in game to reflect on their absence. Where is this design located? I remember meeting you at SOE live in 2013. Hugs.
    Darkzypher, Gretel, Ocarinah and 4 others like this.
  3. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Sorry I should have said -- Its located on AB -- Freeport side -- City of Mist -- Archeria or under Massive Homes on the Leaderboards -- Madinore Forever Decorated by Ocarinah
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

What a lovely place!!! Wow, brings tears to me I lost my mom 7 yrs ago doesn't feel so long ago. Oaky did an awesome job and thank you for sharing it!
    Darkzypher, Gretel, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm at work all day today so have no opportunity to go and visit this place until this evening - but I surely shall. That lighthouse looks amazing and what a perfect place to put it - gorgeous Oaky!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Shared sorrow for your loss! :( My mom was also seven years ago, my dad just two; we had a small conjoined ceremony for them both in RL because my mom never really got one (she wasn't keen on all that anyway, debating between Druidism and atheism, so it wouldn't've been for her, really, but all the folks she'd left behind, and closure :(), but RL has kept me so busy (and uptight, frankly) with all the mess that went with the aftermath of losing Dad as well that I don't think I've actually had a chance to mourn, either. I should do something like this...you are so lucky to have an awesome decorator buddy in Ocarinah to bless you with this! It's a beautiful place! :)

Uwk
  7. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

the lighthouse and the church is beautiful, I gotta see this in person. so sorry for your loss, Oaky did an amazing job on doing a great memorial of your mom for you to remember by and to cherish. thank you for sharing with us.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am glad that I was able to do something to help. You were totally there for me late at night when things were so bad for me. I have many friends that lost their mothers recently and I never knew what I could do to help. I have never really been confident enough to decorate for others but after doing two rooms in friends guild and then a house for Frostfell house swap I thought I should try to do something. I am glad that this house gave us a chance to get much closer as friends and now consider each other family and also family with a few others. Means so much since I am not close with family. I am so glad this place will allow you to talk to your mom again which I wanted so much for you. I almost lost both parents a couple of times this past year and cannot even imagine. I learned so much about decorating from this project. You were so very patient with my slow decorating. It helped me think that maybe I can do other projects for close friends sometime in future when things calm down. The nice words you said to me at the memorial service touched me in so many ways at a time I needed to hear them so much (not going to cry again not going to cry again).

Love you sis <3

I did a video before the books in chapel got finished and house published. I did not narrate in the video. Here is the video:
    Ratbill, Darkzypher, Gretel and 3 others like this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your positive comments. I really really really appreciate them.
  10. Faawn Member

After I read this post I had to go right over and visit since it is my home server. I am sorry for the reasoning behind the build but what a beautiful place it is. You are very lucky to have it to store your wonderful memories and to go and talk with your mom.

The house is so beautifully built and took such time and patience. Very awesome.
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Finally home from work and I went to visit this lovely property this evening - here is my tour.

12. Ratbill Well-Known Member

Awesome job on the buildings. The memorial is wonderful. And the extra effort of creating all those books that fit in perfectly. The staircase in the lighthouse looks so great. An amazing house all together. I love it.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was logging into my youtube channel so I could send my brother in law a link to my video to show my mom (she doesn't even know how to turn on a computer despite all my trying to teach her). I saw Febrith did a video and start to watch. Febrith I got a message late last night from Archeria....the house went into Dev Picks!!! I was speechless and crying (in such a good way). She even gave me the trophy!!! Now I see a dev watched the video I posted so know how I got the dev pick. OMG!!! Thank you everyone for all your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad all of you are in my life right now while I am struggling. It is not easy admitting that you have major depression, so thank you for all your wonderfully sweet compliments and support. It means the world to me. Biggest hugs to everyone. I hope that others can feel like they can get support from homeshow when they are in need as well.
    Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

Grats sweetie you totally deserved it! And yikes the Devs actually watch our videos? - I better be on my best behaviour from now on then /grin
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

lol, yeah you never know when someone is watching the Norrathian Homeshow thread.

So I am watching video now. Yes that is Jerry DeChant's stairs but most were at maximum size and doesn't allow you to examine if they are at that size. I did the last few stairs to top with building blocks (doesn't his stairs match so well). The lighthouse lens is another of Jerry DeChant's items "GnomeWorks Coastal Beacon" (thank you for helping me with name cuz others asked me what it was). Thank you so much for the video tour.

The two house actors having picnic are Archeria and her mom. They both say something to give details about her mom's interests (have to get right up ontop of them to see what they say so not confusing who is saying what). Ailsa mentions Babe (horse she had as child) and Gypsy (competitively jumped with her favorite horse). She also says she wants to sing "Stray Cat Strut" which was her favorite song to dance to. The basket of flowers was to bring in detail she would collect mosses, branches and flowers for flower arrangements (Ikebana teacher and would judge flower arrangements) while she was going for picnics. She was active in designing and planning Portland Japanese Garden so Archeria asked for those one of those Japanese lanterns. I added the koi pond around the memorial site (there was a sign at bottom of gravestone). The rainbow heart of flowers, mushrooms and coral at memorial site might look familiar to people...I used it in a photo contest a few years back and it was tweeted by an SOE employee (the orange and yellow flowers/mushroom change a bit though). The rainbows were important as well, Ailsa taught Archeria about rainbows. So Archeria is taking about the two dogs. Her mom showed Nicholas (third dachshund in the nation) and other dog Chipper. There was a metal on picnic leaf for Nicholas. There were crosses in several places since she was very religious. She volunteered giving tours of the light house that was recreated in the home. The signs were actually from the real lighthouse, if they used all caps I used all caps. The Haunted Lighthouse story was emailed to me by Archeria and told it was a true story. The memorial with the sign and shield (side of lighthouse)...the shield was closest thing I could think of with wave like appearance. Lighthouse is closest to real I could get but building attached could be closer with the addition of new building blocks to that set.

She was a truly amazing woman with so much accomplished but I got as many details in that I could but trying to leave some item count. The plan was Archeria would be building a house and having it as her crafting hub but after the reveal she decided to keep what I did alone and even published. I am still shocked by the publishing, the very kind words from my now sis, the response from everyone, and then Dev Pick. I am truly blessed and thank you so much everyone for opening my eyes.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

That lighthouse is amazing, Ocarinah, and the memorial is very very lovely. You did an awesome job on decorating the place. Congratulations on Dev pick! You really deserve it. Darkzephyr, I am truly sorry for your loss and I am glad that you are able to take some comfort from this very lovely home. It is truly a beautiful way to remember your mother. :)
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.