~Lyceum~

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Screename116, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Dravendar Guest

There were 24 dirty hands that got kicked out of the ToS: Harla instance when we finally got to engage the named. We too got the same response from the GM that we were SOL. Apparently, if you kill anything in the zone and loot 10s from any body, you have 'succeeded' and deserve the success lockout timer. What horse doodoo. I'll tell you guys right now...it is VERY disheartening and frustrating to fail b/c of server instability. But, it's not so much that stuff happens that concerns us. It is the response of "There is nothing I can do" that really ticks me off.
  2. ARCHIVED-GMPOTU Guest

Imagine you are in a highly competitive guild suchas NPU or Dissolution and a new zone comes out such as Deathtoll. You're strolling along and you have Tarinax down to 10% health and suddenly the server crashes and your whole guild is kicked out for 6 days. Meanwhile that week NPU kills Tarinax for the World Wide 1st giving their guild all the recognition associated with it and they consequently get a lot of great apps from people wishing to join them and their raiding guild. To make things worse your next time in Deathtoll you guys do kill Tarinax proving that you infact would have killed him if the server did not crash.

How pissed would you be if the only response a GM would give to everyone in your guild is Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, "I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do to assist you." ?

This means that because the SOE CRS was poor in giving an adequate response to the problem your guild has missed out on the Acclaim of the World Wide 1st on what at the time was an accomplishment, and also lost a lot of potential recruits in the proccess.

-not to say that NPU or Dissolution would even be looking for recruits at that point, but the fact still stands that poor customer service effects people in a huge way.-

Someone already gave the example of how two different GM's handled the situation in two different ways. My personal thoughts are that as long as the GM's can verify through the logs that the petition is Ligit and not false or and attempt to exploit they should defintely take the time to help people out. Definitely when it effects 24 people.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragonfly28 Guest

I am in a fairly competitive guild :)

And indeed i would be pissed as hell if something like this would happen when about to get a kill for a worldwide or even server 1st.

I was merely pointing out that the Lyceum issue was there alredy for quite some time now and the devs already said a patch was on the way. Several post have been made about this subject before. My guild was also kicked out of LoA together 3 or 4 other guilds which were doing it at the same time. And i can understand why you get pissed by something like this, so was I, but sending a mass pettion is also not a way decent to treat the CSR so dont expect a very good service in return.

And about the fact that if something would happen like this on the verge of a ww 1st if a GM would reset your timer you would still need to clear the whole zone and thus maybe losing the race. Or you expect to get zoned in with the mob at 10% there where you left it ?
    Its just that the succestimer goes in at the moment you kill a named, so even if the zone crashes the timer is ligit. If pple figure out how to crash a zone (fighting on stairs or in doorways with multiple guilds doing the same raid at the same time, has been suggested as a cause) how is a GM to figure out if a zone crash was the result of an exploit ?
    IMO it also wouldnt be fair to unlock the zone again and let them farm all other nameds again ....

And losing recruits for not getting that ww or server 1st, cause of a zone crash, now that would be really sad. If you lose pple for that. Be glad to dont have cause they are a bunch of whiners anyway. Any MMoRPG has bugs and some just suck more then others.

And as i said it happened to me too, and its really annoying. But at the time of this post it was a known issue with a patch comming for it, so no need to put a GM's name on the boards and spilling crap abou them, whilst you knew the problem existed and your own behavior also wasnt exemplary.

But hey these are just my thoughts, what do youu care about what i think :p

Onaupu Lynx
    L70 Swashbuckler/ L69 Tailor
    Unity
    Splitpaw
  4. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

It's funny most haven't seemed to try this but.....ask for a rollback. All 24 people can be rolled back to a time before the raid started. Yes you do lose all gear gained and any possible chance of getting it back by redoing the zone but it does allow you to have one more run at it.Now, if a GM tells you they can't do it...they are [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing lying. Sorry GM's to call you out on this but back in T6 when we had PPR crash on us towards the end ya'll did say you would if the GL agreed to losing all gear gained.Rollbacks are simple really, if you don't mind loosing what you earned then do it, if not....deal with it and wait for reuse timer.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dragonfly28 Guest

that might work :D

Good idea, hope it doesnt happen anymore but will definately will ask for one iff we have this again.

Onaupu Lynx
    Unity
    Splitpaw
  6. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Dont be Sorry, 70% of them Dont Understand English and Wouldnt Understand the Word *Sorry* anyway...
  7. ARCHIVED-Fat T Guest

Can we get an ETA to live servers? I know we're not the only ones going through this, but we've been booted from Harla twice and Lyceum once now. This is effectively causing a halt in our KoS progression as we can't kill Harla for DT access.
  8. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

I don't know if it's just our server our not but LoA seemed fine yesterday besides the horrible lag I got when other guilds zoned in.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dragonfly28 Guest

Well that is exactly why i took some time to get a fix for this, this weird bug doesnt occur allows. Dev said there were some problems in reproducing it.
    We did LoA also yesterday, and as usually the lag is horrible in the beginning but after some of the trash mobs are dead, its much better.
    And no crashes.

Onaupu Lynx
    Unity
    Splitpaw