~Lyceum~

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Screename116, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

Ok so my guild Conviction was in Lyceum on June 29, 2006. The zone crashes while we had the last named priest at 22%. It kicks us to TT. So basically me and 23 others got jacked. Another guild mobsquad also got booted at the same time. So we lost a quest update for 2 of our members, and a master chest. Making the time we spent there pretty much a waste. I /petition it to try and get it resolved and I get a copy and paste answer from GM Rybatran. This is un acceptable. SOE needs to 1. Get better servers. 2. Dont release zones until they are fixed 3. Hire competant employees 4. Give me my money worth in the game. So as you can see me and my guild are very angry with the way GM handles customers.

I want a GM to read this and respond to me. I am Screename on the Kithicor server. This is un acceptable.
    Message Edited by Screename116 on 06-29-2006 12:28 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Azmoran Guest

You won't see a GM here but I'm sure a moderator will be visiting soon to lock this. =p
  3. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Attention DEV's, Iam gona Type the Following Slowly and In Captial Letters So you can Better Understand/Apreciate

FIX
    YOUR
    RAID
    ZONES
    NOW!

Thankyou for Your Co-Operation
  4. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

Hmm maybe I should change the name :p, But yes I will not stand censorship.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hiro32 Guest

Leik omgzor screen, yew goys liek tutallie wud halv owneb dat zune

sorrie abut wut appened

quill = nerbo

garth, tan

:)
    Message Edited by Hiro32 on 06-28-2006 09:34 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Message Edited by Yunga_511 on 06-28-2006 09:44 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-dag norway Guest

Yes,i was one of the persons that was in that raid and did get a cut and paste message.
    We all 23 did get the same message from the same GM.
    The issue here is not that a server must be perfect because nothing is perfect in life,but when we just get a cut and paste message that they are sorry and cant do anything about it, then its not correct done.
    The problem here is that SOE knows the issue of this zone very long time and hasent done anything about yet.
    We are not the only guild that has had this issue and we will not be the last.
    Its not fun when you got a Mob down to 20% and everything works perfect and then suddenly everyone get booted from the zone.
    A other guild on our server did get also fired from the zone at the same time and they told us that it did happen to them to last week,so this was the second time for them to.
    The answer they also did get from A GM was just sorry,we cant do anything about it.
    We as customers so issent that a good inaff answer.
    We pay for this game and we atleast want to get help atleast when thing like this happens,and not the usual answer: Sorry we cant help you.
    So long this issue is for this zone so do i think the programers chould fix it because they know the issue is there and use the time to fix it.
    What i can say about that zone now is it is a lotto thing,go in and see if you can manage to take the zone before you get kicked out.
    What SOE should do is to give the people it has happen to,is to get a new chanse to get in there and take him,i know they can do it,because some guilds has got the chanse one more time if it has happen to them.
    Its little more work for the gm because they have to clear the mobs that has alrdy been taken,but you get saticfied customers and that shows that they are interested to help out.

Message Edited by dag norway on 06-29-2006 02:53 AM
    Message Edited by dag norway on 06-29-2006 02:54 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Vormulac Guest

guess im glad we cleared it yesterday before you got there and crashed it :p

Vormulac Unsleep
    Guild Leader Shattered Moon
    Neriakithicor
  9. ARCHIVED-craghack Guest

Wow, we can petition when a zone crashes and get credit for completing the quests in it? Sweet!
  10. ARCHIVED-Lockeye Guest

I looked into the problem and have a speculative fix for the crashes that is on its way to the test server.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gertack_v2 Guest

Might help the people who are crashing if you suggest what not to do to avoid the crash, if that is in fact why it is crashing. My guild nor any guild on my server crashes the zone that I know of.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ktok Guest

It always amazes me that people expect GMs to be able to do anything. They have a toolbox, folks... and rules. If what you ask for isn't alowed, or isn't possible, it's not going to get done.

Also... all 24 of your sent in a petition and you're shocked you got copy and pasted? Sheesh...
  13. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

While its not good for zones to crash, the CSR responses have always been standard for them for them whether raid, group, or solo zone. Why do you expect preferential treatment? Because you consider yourelf raiders? Because you pay twice as much for your account as all other playstyles? (not). Maybe you dont read the forums enough to see the standardized answers to zone crashes. That must be it. If you search the forums you will find that for almost all crash situations, the GM's are not allowed to reimburse players for things they never actually got, or any "accidental" things like accepting no trade items on loot rolls, bugged ring mechanics, what ever.
    IMO that is the best way anyway. Then there can never be someone who gets something for free just because of a "mechanical difficulty" with a zone that someone else had to take 30 hours in attempts to learn and finish. Also the next person who comes along wont expect any special favors either if something happens to their instance. @#$% happens. Life goes on. Don't let it get you down too much. You WILL live unless you do something really stupid like committing suicide in RL over it and if you are that mentally ill, you shouldn't be playing a roleplaying game anyway. Your mind can't handle it IMO.
  14. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

Oakum, Do you think before you speak? We dont consider ourselves over others, its just when 24 people get [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ed in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], they deserve a real answer not a copy and past answer.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rybatrin Guest

While we do generally like to give personal answers to each and every person who sends in a petition, however when a raid force sends in 24 petitions about the same issue we will only respond to the guild leader or raid leader with a personal response and copy a summary of what was discussed to the rest of the raid. Mass petitioning does not help you get your issue resolved faster, it does not change the outcome of the petition, it simply slows down our ability to assist players because instead of answering one person we have to make sure 23 others also get a response. Please if your entire guild or raid has an issue one petition is enough to get it addressed.

GM Rybatrin
  16. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

Well here's what another gm said, I looked into our logs and the conversation you had with Rybatrin, it appears that you were denied assistance because of having a success lockout timer. Unfortunately, we can only reset failed lockout timers as we cannot return the zone back to the state it was in prior to the crash.

Why would we want a reset to a failed timer? It would of only been 6 hours we could of lived with that...but 6 days? Thats messed up. Before you release zones fix them.
  17. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

we Noted that This Not only Happend to Us, It happend to Another Guild Doing the Exact Same thing, Fact that YOU think we put others Above Ourselfs makes me Laugh so Hard I might actually Commit Suicide. We Don't want Special Treatment, We Don't Want to Think of ourselfs Over Others, we want Compensation. When i say We I mean We as in The Whole Percentage of Raiding guilds Not just US.
    And it is True, People's Lockout timers Have been reset, I Don't Know if its the same Situation but Now a fix is on test and This should be the End of this Discussion......
    SOE Make is Snappy!
  18. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

The gist of what he said meant if you hadn't killed a named they could reset the zone so you could re-enter , but as you had killed a named they can't reset the zone as they cannot remove the named you had already killed from the new zone..so you'd get a second complete spawn.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dragonfly28 Guest

Dude this has been adressed over and over. Dev's said they had a fix standinding by.

Getting the whole raid to send a petition never helps get the raidleader or guildleader send in one, thats more then enough. (more petitions means higher workload for GM's and slower response)

And still then you wont get your lockout timers reset, has been this way and will be this way. It sucks i know we had it a few times too.
    It seems to me that to avoid the crash before fix is here, dont fight on stairs or in doorways and being only guild doing LoA also helps.

But tbh i think it is a good policy not to reset timers, your lockout has been set after killing 1 named, so you might have wiped on the last one. If it would be reset pple might use a way to exploit this.

Again it blows to be kicked out, but wash rinse and try again in 6 days. Many other zones to raid.

Onaupu Lynx
    L70 Swashbuckler/ L69 Tailor
    Unity
    Splitpaw
  20. ARCHIVED-Star Guest

I hate to say it Rybatrin, but that statement is not always correct. While 24 petitions maybe be over kill, sometimes multipul petitions on the same issue get's things resolved. Case and point, this past Monday in Labs we had a chest drop in the wall or something and 2 people in the raid both petitioned. By the time the first GM showed (names with held to protect the innocent) the chest had rotted. He poked around for it, couldn't find it (of course) and told the person he had answered he couldn't do anything. In the mean time a second GM answered the other petition. Instead of just showing up and looking for the chest (it had been 20+ minutes at that point) he looked in the database, found the kill, the chest, and what item was in the chest. He summoned one up, let us sort out who it should go to, and then gave that player the item. Now maybe the second GM was second tier or a manager or somehow had more power than the first. The point though, is that without the second petition we would have gotten a "Sorry, nothing we can do." responce from the GM when they apparently could have gone that little extra mile like the second GM did. Kudos to the second GM for doing so.