LU27 Warlock hate transfer

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Mesphito, Aug 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Mesphito Guest

Warlock changes:- Boon of the Dark: Can be cast on a raid member. If they are a fighter, this transfers a small amount of the warlock's hate toward the fighter
    About time!
    Message Edited by Mesphito on 08-18-2006 02:22 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-shadowflag Guest

Ya it's nice to get a hate xfer.

I went on the test server and linked the master version spell which read that it xfers 3% of hate to the person if they are a fighter (mana proc is still part of the spell).

I keep wondering if 3% is a bit low or will end up being a huge plus. I also wonder about the spell stacking or if a Master I will nullify the Adept3's.

Edit: Soulbringer brought to my attention that I was talking about the low lvl Boon. I did indeed paste the Tier 7 version Boon of the Damned (Master I) on test and it stated 3%.

My apologies for the confusion and thank you Soulbringer from bringing this up.
    Message Edited by shadowflag on 08-18-2006 06:45 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

I just wonder why put something like 3% in game? I hope a dev was really tired when entering in those values, and meant to put 30%
  4. ARCHIVED-Swedemon Guest

A great change but one concern is this....

Boon of the Dark (or the later version Boon of the Damned) procs a power drain over time from the opponent to the tank. Say there is a mob that needs to be mezzed in the encounter and early in battle before this mob is mezzed it damages your tank and Boon of the Damned procs. Now your chanter mezzes the mob and within a second the mezz breaks due to the power drain potentially wiping the raid.

So as it is now, this is a bit more situational a buff than the Wizards version which looks to be a direct power boost component to the tank. The raid should ask the warlock to drop his hate transfer proc when mobs are being mezzed whereas the wizard will not have to drop their proc. Hmm... we may want to bring this up to the devs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Milthon Guest

3% is insignificant.
    Lets say for simplicity that your doing 1k dps. You will get the hate for 970 and the tank will get the other 30.
    The fact we can give mana to the MT via a ds outside of group is much more significant.
    If multiple versions stack on the MT it could be a huge power boost for the MT but I can't see this being the difference between me drawing agro and not.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tomanak Guest

I have to agree. I dont see how a 3% hate feed is really going to help things when Im hitting 4-5 mobs with 3k worth of damage a piece. If 1 pt of dmg = 1 pt of hate, then the tank gains 450 pts of the 15000 pts of hate I just created. How is this going to keep the mob from deciding to make me into warlock bits?
    I agree that its better than nothing, its a definite start but I think they need to tweak the numbers a bit..
  7. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

Despite it being only 3% it shows that the devs really do listen, and its a good step in the right direction.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

I'm glad they have actually seen our thread(even if they dont comment) but 3% is pathetic attempt....Maybe about 10-20% would be suffice. but will still be in conflict with wizards. but i guess even a MA would be good enough for the hate transfer for other encounters when they need to get aggro....but even at that should be more than 3%....I will give SOE this in reguards to attempting to do something for the sorceror community.
  9. ARCHIVED-Keithoth Guest

Remeber Boon of Dark is a lv 618 spell .....it might add what like 10% or so at master T7 lvl..Glad I got it but. Think of this way....you lose 3% agro and the tank is gaining 3% ago......Thats kinda nice to have... Im really enjoyed to see this and enjoyed the Devs have been listening to us. Hopefully this will do some good to save this class.
    Message Edited by Keithoth on 08-18-2006 06:34 PM
    Message Edited by Keithoth on 08-18-2006 06:36 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Tyrion Guest

I just bought Boon of the Damned Master 1 for my 70 Warlock alt, so we'll see. A transfer is a transfer, and as a few people have said already, it's great to see the devs are acknowledging that Sorcerors have aggro problems.

The only suggestion is that at Master 1, please make this spell 5% instead of 3%. Hardly game-breaking, and just a bit more solid for hate generation. :smileywink:
  11. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Remember that if you had 5 sorcerors on a raid, you'd have 15% hate transfer goign to the tank, I'm sure that's why it is so minimal.
  12. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

what kind of silly guild has 5 sorcs on a raid =p

anyways they could just make it not stack. it doesnt HAVE to go on the mt... could easily put it on another fighter in the raid, well a non-brawler at least
  13. ARCHIVED-Keithoth Guest

Wish i Could pu [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] on an assasin i dont like or a conj :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

I wonder if they're going to make the spell lines (accord sorceror spell) stack with each other. Right now if a warlock has his Boon on a target, and a wizard puts his manatap on the same target, the previous spell is removed. If this is going to remain the same then I do believe that the hate gain should be raised to 5-10%.
  15. ARCHIVED-Malice83 Guest

I'm glad to see something finally but am I the only onw who feels that it is a kick in the teeth at the same time? Still, hopefully this was just an early adjustment and in the coming LU's (GU's?) it will be increased. *crosses fingers*
  16. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

more than likely it will not stack. Those two spell lines dont stack as it is.
  17. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

think someone replied in the wizzie thread about this and said ...wizzie and warlock one stack but a warlock and warlock does not...same for wizzie
  18. ARCHIVED-emagine Guest

Well I think they did this when they became aware that any top end wiz, or warlock was pulling agro no matter who was tanking and what setup you may run with, if you knew that perfect spell routine and your dps is top notch you are pulling..... Now why its only 3% is Im sure that they realised now what is to much and what is to little without having to change a whole AA line around.... its alot easier to put a hate transfere on one spell then it is to reduce the hate for all our spell lines.... (Im sure they think they would mess up there so called balance) but they chose the easy way out.... If they put, say 10% hate transfere for us then there INT AA line fails, no one would want to chose it, (I really hope you warlocks didnt chose that line anyways) and then youll get a bunch of people complaining with this new spell our int aa line sucks we get 4 instead of 5 aa lines that have use fix that.... its a whole on going circle... anyways best of luck

Message Edited by emagine on 08-20-2006 07:19 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

right now on live, they overwite each other. I dont think they're going to change that before it hits live, so in reality only one sorcer can put it on the MT, with any others being fubar'ed if you only have 2 tanks.
  20. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Thank you for reiterating what I said in my post.