LU19 change to pet heals w/ control undeath

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Catodon, Feb 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Catodon Guest

Anyone else notice this?

Consumption adept 3; procs heal for 99 on pet and caster- but when a charmed pet is present the heal is 75 per pet and caster.

Necrotic mending is reduced the same way with a charmed mob.. goes from 348-185-185-185at master 1 to 261-139-139-139 (on both pets).

Exchange life (this is the odd part) goes from 763 at adept 3 to 572. This is a single target heal, I haven't tested it yet with a PC group member present.

Wasn't documented in the update notes that I know of, but actually seems like a reasonable change for the two pet heals (since we were getting 'free' heals from consumption and the pet heal with a charmed pet).. but the reduction in exchange life ought to be fixed, i can't see why a single target heal would be affected by the presence of a charmed pet.

PS. Also haven't tested consumption with other pet classes in group, not sure if anything changed there.
  2. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

That would be proof of them nerfing our pet hp, IF those heals are % based.

Didn't they state the charmed pets would have a different window now?
  3. ARCHIVED-StueyMonster Guest

Exchange Life is a fixed amount heal based on it's tier, so that one at least is not % based. I'd say somethinig weird is going on. Bug it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

I bet you a million dollars all of this is realted to the expansion and the Alternate Advancement.
    I bet they needed a 'mini balancing' which is removing abilities, that can be optionally 're-added' with the new buffs and advancement.
    Shady they didn't say anything, but the 1500 reduction in pet hp, the 20% reduction in heals... something is up.
  5. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

The cynic in me thinks this too.
    They are trying to force feed in minor nerfs for the AA paths so we are no where really better than before. Kinda like 2steps forward but only after one step back.
    That is why there has been no comments on swarm pet change, possible HP change in pets, and whatever else they are playing with.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

You know the first thing I thought when reading over both necro and warden (my two mains...I can't pick just one /sigh) achievement abilities was..you know I'm just betting they nerfed things to add these in...for instance in the priest line is a focus achievement -- to counteract the extreme fizzle rate beneficial spells have now? (as high as 50% - and I'm NOT exaggerating) The hp/heal nerfs, the pet dot nerfs have corresponding 'proper' selections as well --- while still leaving us less than we had before due to not being able to complete ALL lines. (Unless over time they allow us to earn more achievement points)

Maybe even the imbued ring nerf is to counteract the stat increases available in achievements? ( <--- okay maybe that's reaching a bit..maybe....)

~Yira
  7. ARCHIVED-Karath Morningstar Guest

Actually, I've noticed the problem when a Coercer in our group has a charmed pet and I use exchange life on a groupmember. I get the exact same numbers (572 instead of 763). Our defiler has the same problem with her direct heals whenever there's a charmed pet in the group, regardless if it's the pet or anyone else being healed. The problem is definately tied to charm.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sir Alex Guest

Just to let you guys know i was in poets palace last night and i was the only pet class and no charmed pets at all and i was direct healing for only 572 on the main tank on level 2 when i got to level 3 it seemed to go back to 763 so this may be a bug not really sure though. I think if it was a nerf that maybe they would have changed it in our examine spell under amount healed but than again maybe not.