Lu 21 ...

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Tasye, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tasye Guest

They nerfed thorny trap, now it doesn't work AT ALL.

Lunge SUCKS. It's on the same reuse timer as our other melee dots. On top of that, it only lasts 1 second, not enough time to do anything. If I want to play a twitch reflex button masher, then I'd buy an XBox.

Patch doesn't add any real DPS at all.

THANKS FOR THE BUFF TO A FEW OF OUR MELEE SKILLS....GREAT SINCE WE ARE A RANGED CLASS.

Patch gets an F+.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

ok one by one:

1. lunge doesnt suck. i just used it and it lasts 4s on every mob. it's on the same re-use timer as the other skills IN ITS LINE. LIKE ALWAYS. not sure what that complaint is about.

2. trap definitely appears to be screwed up, not sure what the deal is with that

3. umm amazing shot and confusion both max out over 1k now, snaring shot was also buffed, focus line adds ranged crit chance and has lower reuse... those are melee skills?

edit: tested trap some more, it appears to be going away when i run over it LOL w t f
    Message Edited by Fennir on 03-23-200601:00 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Tasye Guest

You must have the official SOE shill fanboi Lunge. All others won't last 4 seconds. LOL.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

HAve you tried Thorny Trap in a number of different cases? I know it does not work properly on uneven ground or with flying mobs, but when I used it in dungeons on flat ground with running mobs it worked consistently. They did not mention anything about thorny trap in the notes. Are you positive it never works? It worked poorly before - is it still just working poorly?

The root last 1 second. On test it was 4 secs. What skill level is that line? App1, App2, etc. That does suck that it is on the same timer as our bleeding cut line. This was not mentioned in the notes. So they basically took a way a melee skill. So now we only have 3. That does not sounds good.

You do know that they increase auto attack on bow, leg shot damage, confusion damage, and miracle arrow. Those are ranged skills

Edited: Fennir beat me to my post. I think you need to calm down:)

Message Edited by bentgate on 03-23-200610:05 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

yea the trap is busted completely

i lay it down and it just disappears after 2s all by itself, no rhyme or reason.... has to be a bug
  6. ARCHIVED-Mondragoon Guest

So...the patch did what we all thought it would, which was increase our DPS up a little but nothing even close to pre LU 20? But do you think the increase was enough? Overall grade?

I know...too many questions.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

btw lunge line is NOT on the same timer as bleeding cut line

don't listen to hysterics
  8. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

On one hand I am happy, on the other hand I am disapointed. I was expecting a larger increase on confusion arrow, and snaring shot. I hoping for around 700 -800 damage for snaring shot instead of300- 470 (master 1'd btw). I was expecting the skills to atleast double in power. But I have to admit, amazing shot is a great boost. 1.2k max damage :)

I am going to continue playing my assassin, its something new to me and im having fun. I'll go back to my ranger when I get bored of my assassin.

Message Edited by LoreLady on 03-23-200610:19 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

same with me on my Guardian .. whose melee combat arts do more damage than my Rangers btw .. (no i am not saying the guardian does more DPS, just that his melee skills hit for more) .. not enough changes to reverse the feeling I get when playing my Ranger that I am a melee class solo and Ranged class when grouped.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

A big increase on confusion arrow would kind of break the design of the skill.
    It's designed to help the MT grab better aggro, which is harder if the CA does a lot of damage by itself...
  11. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

I still feel that it isent enough of a boost to be on par with assassins, to many skills that dont do enough damage, precise shot, and tripple shot, id even add hidden fire to that list. I personally feel that something still has to be boosted. It may be SoE's plan to take things slow and continue to tweak changes in the future, or this could be "as intended" But, having 640 max damage for things like precise shot, or the amount of parry that effects tripple shot kinda puts a large damper on things.

I have tried to stay positive in all my ranger posts but I really feel like the underdog to our counter part, and staying positive is a very difficult thing to do when searching for eqality in DPS.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

I agree with you LoreLady. Precise Shot and Triple Shot are woefully underpowered for our major skills as is stealthy fire. Consider this: Stealthy Fire is our big hitter and does around 1900-2100 damage (on average). What are the assassin's big hitter (minus assassinate because we have snipers for that). I am sure it is much higher. As well as a wizards and warlocks.Then you take Precise shot which as you say does max 640 - that is a disgusting small amount of damage for one of our higer damage skills. Although it is on a 10 sec recast timer. Then you have Triple Fire which does around max 1000 now. Of course, this is all without procs but with the new proc rules, proc rarely ever happen. Those are two of our big hitters that do no where near the damage of even a bruiser or monk melee skills.
    FWIW, I am ignorant of recast timers on these skills so those probably play a factor.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

Hu ?
    Which version of the skill are you speaking off ?
    The third arrow alone of my tripple volley does around 900 dmg at adept 3.
  14. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Tripple arrow does what, 150-250, then 250-500, then 400-700? - but really the chances of actually doing full damage are very slim to get the last arrow in. And for a 1.5 second casttime, 1 min recast comes to around 600 dpsfor the full damage. Where you look at most other classes for full damage, and the rating is much higher.

And, precise shot has a 20 second recast bent ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

Did Ebony longbow and Grizz bow both get DR increased and if so to what?
  16. ARCHIVED-Star Guest

Ebony did I think, Grizz is now showing 80.8DR (I think it was 80.6 before). *mutters*
  17. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Yep Thoryn trap is bizzarely even more broke than it was before (kudos to SoE for that).

As for the triple shot which has been mentioned before, I said the same thing over a month ago.

It's a pathetically underpowered skill. Check out the lvl 70 version, thats a complete disgrace in terms of the damage it does.

The intial base dmg of it needs to be increased drastically just to make it decent. It sucks as if it was a one shot 2.5k-3k hit then it would rock, sadly it's more like a 800dmg hit with a HUGE maybe factor that can make it hit harder.

Also I thought legshot was supposed to get a increase, no idea what happened there. Master 1 does around 350dmg, UBER!

On the positive side, Focus rocks, got myself a master 1 of it and it's sweet. 10seconds of frantically spamming the skills, lol.
  18. ARCHIVED-Spite Guest

I use focus then either sniper of hidden whichever is up. You can cast it while stealth - many people miss that aspect of it.
  19. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

But you fail to realize that the DPS buff only effects auto attack, not skills? Using focus fire while in stealth like that is near pointless unless you are looking for a extra chance to hit with sniper shot/focus fire.
  20. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest