Loyalty Tokens- Idea

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cinnamon, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Cinnamon Active Member

Station Cash services like race/gender/name change- I wouldn't expect them to be cheap but maybe 100 to 150.

Reset of adventure class- Even though it's not put in game as of yet....This reset should prevent most quest's that have already be done not to be repeated for that should be the consequences of the reset. The only quest specific quests that can be done are like epics related quests and armor that is class specific. The cost for this should be 75 or more. The ToV quest line rewards pretty much allows you swap out armor so it shouldn't be to hard to gear up. If their is class specific reward that can't be swapped out then maybe have a merchant to allow for that. Also a minimum level could be required for this like 75... this level can also be the required level in tradeskill if wanting to reset adventuring class.

LoN items- The prices should be as follows for pictures- 25 to 35, Houses- 75 to 80, Mounts- 100 to 150, All other items such as illusions, plushies, appearances items, pets, house items, and etc. shouldn't be more then 35 to 50 with the exception of how rare it may be a course also with the exception being a gold member though. These items can also be added to the SC store for the going rate of items in the store as well. I only ask this for this because especially if the game would ever shut down and I would hate see them items be unattainable. I should mention any items that were rewarded from quests within the game should be available but maybe at a higher token price especially if the game was to ever shut down.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think the only way we ever see LoN items on Loyalty is if they have to sunset the game. It's not like you can't get the items at all. Maybe quest items could find their way there, but the pricing you've laid out is too low, IMO. Those items aren't cheap to trade for. Houses and mounts would have to be at least double and restricted to All Access level.
  3. Laita Well-Known Member

Class reset will never happen.. how would soe sell heroic characters if people can just switch their class at the drop of a hat? And even if something like this were put in, it should cost way more than 75... easily 500+

I do like the idea of LoN items, but then again we run into the problem... how will soe sell LoN packs?

Not saying they're bad ideas, just saying they are highly unlikely to ever happen (money talks!)
    Livejazz, aspekx, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  4. Cinnamon Active Member

First of all, Class reset has been something they have talked about wanting to do and don't recall them saying "No" but they hadn't figured out how to handle quest's and AA gain. The consequences of this reset is you won't be able to redo any quest's and possibly won't lose any aa if player stays the same level. The only thing is, they should be able to redo epic quest lines and any class specific armor quest's. I do not really see how this would affect Heroic characters not being bought because of this. The main reason this subject of class reset had ever been talked about was for Tradeskillers who level up their crafter but decided adventuring class was not for them anyways.

2nd- LoN game is not doing all that well atm, and my prices are more on your odds of getting them. I know their maybe avid players who get their tokens on the clock so if the devs have an idea how how many are avid, then they can price them if they have a way of checking currency per player.

I suggested these for hopes of more options with loyalty tokens.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

If LoN isn't doing well, why would they hurt it further by removing the need to buy packs for loot cards? :p

Honestly doubt we'll ever see anything that costs real money available for loyalty tokens.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

LoN is integrated into Eq2. maybe as a 'stand alone' it's not doing great, so to speak. bu I know I grab my five free packs every month, and I do the scenarios. and I'd opt into the tourneys if I could afford to.

I think as long as Eq2 exists, so will LoN.

but all that your asking for on the loyalty merchant, every single item, would cost SoE a huge chunk of revenue. your basically asking for all the 'popular' services for 'free'. yes, being able to switch character class on the fly would hurt thier lvl 85 sales. they aren't going to give away the name/race potions. hell they'd make what, 150 dollars a shot from completionists getting all the race change potions so they get the achievement for doing all the racial rings. and I'd prefer name/race changes be kept behind a money barrier. less chance of a jack@ss player getting back into my guild/groups becuase he's got a new name and face.

however something I would like to see on the Loyalty Merchant are some of the other quest rewards from major storylines like the Claymore or Soulfire. so that if I wanted to say have the 2hander or the shield as an appearance I could grad it, or the soulfire 1h rather then 2h, ect. provided that you have actually completed the questline.