Loyalty Merchant Updates?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think they'd still do a good business by putting the prestige houses and mounts up there. ;->

Uwk
    who cares less than not much about mercs, but knows others like them ;)
    Chaeli, Breanna, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; not sure about the need for the rez baubles, though I imagine if you were like 2/3 or 3/4 through and the only rez point was back at the beginning... X-P

And yep, Mentoring Baubles. Big time. Many's the time I've found myself soloing (me too, Seneth! :D) in the middle of Took-Me-Long-Enough-to-Get-Here-Istan with a need to mentor (often when faced with "level 100" foes that are, in reality, "LEVEL 100!!! :eek:" foes that I can't make a dent in), and no Chronomage in sight... :-/

What I'd still like would be an A.T.M., like the one in Gnomeland Security, as a temporary and/or charged "pet" that you could call up and interact with for X amount of times and/or for Y amount of minutes. Okay, so, make it for Members only, like with the Broker Anywhere feature; why can't we have that for Banking (didn't we use to have that option in our houses, similar to house item mailboxes?)... Maybe for Tinkerfest next year, or a Frostfell-themed one coming up soon? Give Gardy something to do? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  3. NyteRose Member

I'd like to see the cosmetic Heritage Armor sets from the Marketplace on the Loyalty merchants. Also pets, mounts and other cosmetic items (cloaks, circlets.) Make them Member-only and/or no-trade.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cosmetic Mounts, as in they don't add anything to stats? Yeah, that would be cool. :)

Uwk
  5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Yet another request for access to the houses from previous expansions.
    Chaeli, Hartsmith, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I agree! Either put them on the Loyalty Merchants (for members only, if the Powers are that worried about losing money over it) or on the Marketplace, but make them accessible somehow, any how.

If nothing else, if there are potentially new players out there who are interested in this game; having to tell them that, "Oh, if only you'd been in here [X] years ago, you would've gotten such a cool house! Too bad you can't get it any more" has got to be a discouraging thing (and weren't the Lavastorm and Everfrost houses like that, originally?). Fortunately, we're correcting some of that already with the new recipe books from the old expacs (heh! ;->), but I've always thought that houses, mounts, and recipes should be a la carte-able somehow after the chance to get them any more is over. :-/

Uwk
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Some of the older mounts to. I would love to get them, but they are unavailable.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, amen; recipes, houses, and mounts. One outta three ain't a bad start, and we all know who we have to thank for that (THANK YOU, DENMUM!!! :D)... ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  9. NyteRose Member

Yes, cosmetic mounts that don't add anything to stats. :)
    Sorry for the late reply, I don't use the forums much.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get how this would be different from the Appearance Mount slot already available. There are even some ground mounts that can be used as appearance on leapers/gliders, and because they are being used as appearance, I do not believe the stats are applied to your character. (Although I suppose it makes sense as a cheaper Marketplace alternative to regular stat boosting mounts)
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they occasionally have put prestige houses from expansions on the Marketplace , but only for short times.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

That is sad. I would buy more prestige houses if there was a greater variety.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Some wind up permanently on the Loyalty Merchants, but yeah, there's not nearly enough of them. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, if there were an "Appearance Only" version of the uber-super-duper-looper-etc. stat-building mounts in the Collector's Editions available on the Marketplace (with the understanding that they're only Appearance mounts [and, hopefully, WORK WITH THE HEROES' FESTIVAL MOUNT if they're flyers], that we're not doing either Pay-to-Win or Pay-to-Ignore-the-CE), maybe that might be more palatable to the devs and the money people... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just yesterday found out the ember mount, that summer fire festival thingie,, can fly. I thought it just glided. I accidently hit the Home button while my character was on it, up it went. Amazing the things I find out, eventually.
  16. Leafa Active Member

Reading through suggestions, and nodding to some:

• LoN items
    • pre-order items, or something very close
    • a house deed re-claimer, prestige house deed to be reclaimed or transferred to another character
    • past collectors edition items , and past pre-order items
    • Old Houses not obtainable anymore. (LoN, or otherwise)
    • Bag of Holiday Coin
    • Recipe books from previous expac pre orders
    • turn unused mercenaries into house items like you can for mounts
    • Griz as an appearance hat
    • turn wings into house items and mount them on a wall
    • swag from SOE live and FanFaire (possibly allow us to make something close with a recipe book?)

Other ideas:
      purchase upgrade for old city mercs (they were fun to name and dress)

Willow Wood etc. as a guild hall and/or...
      Add a choice on the suburb portal doors... the 'quest' suburb or the suburb of 'before' (and we can live there again), only this time add something special to each suburb (e.g. a museum that gives out a few quests, allowing us to get tokens to buy nostalgic items from each museum curator). Perhaps one museum would allow us to buy additional lore and legend rewards.

I'd love to see dungeons revived. People loved the 'creating' obstacles aspect. What if players were able to contribute their own 'rewards' for completing their player-made dungeons? It could be a piece of gear, or a house item, or even plat.
    Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

In reference to my request for more variety in prestige houses, I have toured the ones available for purchase, and I have all of them on various characters I like. Some are just too small for the price. And I have the two freebies, Mara and Relic, from the first two Panda quests.

The Grotto and Felwithe are nice, but flying needs to be available in houses where it isn't currently possible.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Denmum Developer

My comments in bold above :D
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Is there any possibility of removed armors to be added to the loyalty merchant? What I'm talking about is a specific list of brawler gi art assets ranging from low level treasured to level 90 fabled that dropped from Velious epics that for some reason or another are no longer possible to obtain. A lot of armor crates were just mysteriously removed from the loot tables of numerous Velious encounters-- something the devs themselves don't know how it could have happened.

I have a list.
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Denmum Developer

It is possible that I could make appearance versions of them when the time comes to tackle another round of updates, so drop the list here so I consider them later for you. I know you've been trying for a full gi appearance collection for a very long time.
    Breanna, Geroblue and Doobius40504 like this.