Low potency on raid quest items

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arclite, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

How come the level 255 resolve shoulders from raid quest after killing the creator only has 10.6k potency?

Surely it requires slightly more (sarcasm intended) effort then to farm the celestial PQ shoulders which give better stats...

There are other items where the balance on stats is all out of whack. No idea who thinks this a well thought out idea.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

this is not just with shoulders. I have a 255 neck sitting in my bags, because the neck from the everyone on server get together and kill the spider PQ, neck is on me still.
  3. Sowy Active Member

For devs reading this, the issue is that only some things are infusible and as a result it causes low resolve items that by all means should have been upgraded by now to continue to be used because their CB/POT/STA are higher because they can be infused.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Where I'm running into issues is that at some point raiding, you pretty much have to either take raid loot with higher Resolve, or decide to hang on to something with much less Resolve but which has Potency. Absolutely raid loot progression needs to consider Potency!

Also, I have my Sol Eye chest with the Fire Within rune. Whyfor do RoS raid chests not have the turquoise slot that Fire Within requires?
  5. LastActionJackson Member

It's whining like this that caused the Developers to nerf the drop rates on celestial PQ. Now those that want them can't really get them anymore.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

just please stop the infusing altogether:)
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't consider it whining. There's valid points being made. People are consistently having to make decisions about keeping etherial cloak/belt or jewelry items because of the potency attached to them. Considering how long ago we got those items and the fact that current raid loot doesn't beat them from a potency factor only underlines the point. They didn't nerf the drop rates for celestials because people whined about it so much as it revealed what a poor raid loot situation is currently in place. People were running PQs more often than anything else for the gear, which really spoke volumes about the state of raid gear.