Low level characters having higher level spells to research

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rhodris, May 19, 2017.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have a number of alts on the Maj'Dul server who are low-ish level (late 20s-late 30s) who have spells available for research in their knowledge books going up to level 94. This only affects some, not all, characters on the server - and only the ones on Maj'Dul (Thurgadin alts are fine).

I remember that this bug has been there before and then got fixed (some time ago).

Any suggestions to get it fixed? I have petitioned but had no response.
    Juraiya likes this.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm seeing it too. It seems to happen most often with characters who are very high level tradeskillers, but it isn't exclusive to them. Yes, it's mostly cosmetic, but it is a bit of an annoyance; some of them I have to scroll a long way down to get to the skills they actually CAN use, and I always have to check to make certain what level they are.

I've occasionally inadvertently researched spells on characters that are way above their actual level, and then smacked myself in the forehead once it completes, as I realize I just wasted a month researching something that was completely irrelevant, when I COULD have researched something the character could have used.
    Rhodris likes this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Exactly - my lvl 39 SK accidentally researched a lvl 94 spell....

Tradeskill level doesn't seem to have an effect on mine - none are above TS level 40. And there are alts affected who aren't tradeskillers at all, so I don't know why some and not others. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but it is very annoying.