Lost Focus...

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Foretold, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Foretold Well-Known Member

I admit, I am new to BGs - but learning fast. I was hit repeatedly the other day by a detriment called "Lost Focus" for the first time ever (and since). I was fighting a trouby, so I thought it was a trouby thing, but I dueled our raid trouby and he can't reproduce it...

It lasts for up to 30 seconds (debilitating!) and causes all spells to go dark. I can do nothing but sit there and wait it out, run away and hope I don't die.

Can someone tell me what this det is so I can learn more about it? Again... a newb... so help is appreciated.
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

Good question! Love people that go the extra mile to get better. It wasn't from the troub and it wasn't what locked you up. You were likely locked up by a chanter pet's CC that doesn't follow a proper PvP duration (broke). "Lost Focus" is a 1 minute immunity to "Commanding Roar". The comment below, "A player can receive this effect once every minute." is Lost Focus. Lost Focus prevents groups from linking the below abilities, making you immune to taunts for an extended period of time. The best a group can do with these abilities is be immune from taunts for 10 seconds every 50 seconds.

ABILITES / ALTERNATE ADVANCEMENT
    Commanding Roar has been added to a few group buffs and replaced flat taunt immunity on a few more. The affected spells are called out below. Commanding roar makes the group immune to all PVP taunt effects for 10 seconds. A player can receive this effect once every minute.

Brawler: Combat Mastery now applies Commanding Roar.
    Enchanter: Channeled Focus now applies Commanding Roar.
    Mystic: Stampede now applies Commanding Roar.
    Paladin: Heretic's Destruction now applies Commanding Roar.
    Shadowknight: Death March now applies Commanding Roar.
    Templar: Sanctuary now applies Commanding Roar.
    Warrior: Unshakable Grip now applies Commanding Roar.

The Lost Focus icon is buggy, I rarely see it.

[IMG]
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

Got it :D Thanks for the explanation!

I don't have PvP weaps yet (soon) so I don't have stifle/stun/fear immunity war runes yet. Next on my list!
  4. Exur Well-Known Member

Neither do I... They're overrated imho and likely will be toned down if "someone" even glances at our PvP feedback thread.