Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Talduke, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Talduke Active Member

We are fighting The Algae Fiend and its applying curses to mystic pet and dumbire assassin pet.. is that intended? Also if we dps at all we push thresholds on the curse so its basically a kill pet, set auto attack and afk while healers and tank do the work type of fight. kinda dumb.
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Rarrum Active Member

Also affects beastlord pets. Almost certainly a bug.
  3. Gninja Developer

I have a fix in for this. Should be fixed in the next update.
  4. Evilnok Active Member

I had no issue with this mob...however I did have a problem with the giant boss...he insta-killed me,I can handle 102 ^^ heroics just fine But not that one for some reason as I am a necro so it's not a class problem more of a mob issue that is a bit overpowered too much lol
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The OP (and gninja I believe) are talking about the heroic zone, not the solo version.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well we dropped all pets and kept it power drained so it wouldnt cast curses, then it just explodes the group at a seemingly random interval. This xpac is choked with 'low and slow DPS' scripts and fights and its painful. Turning auto attack on and just hitting debuffs once in a while should NEVER be a strat for a fight. Now its a strat for several.
    "Hey what fight did people hate the most in Kunark?"
    "umm was it Nexona?"
    "Yeah! okay, lets re-imagine that fight 6 more times for this xpac."
  7. Gninja Developer

Can you be more specific? Give me boss names and why you have to stop dps. Algae Fiends cast 3 curses in his entire fight. That's 3 minute fight at minimum. How fast are you hoping to kill them exactly?
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

He's right Gninja, there are a bunch of fights where we have to stop all dps in order to accommodate the adds to unlock the script. Some require 3-5 adds before getting to "X" percentage for example. We assumed it was your intention to make these fail conditions and/or delay the script. Hence the reason you probably have not received bug reports about it. I can't remember all the named mobs off hand. That and I don't want to share strats publicly.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

And while we're on the subject of bugs you may not be seeing from reports, was it your intention to put strikethough on the flanks and behind every heroic and raid mob? Wasn't that originally intended to be a tank mechanic and only effected by frontal?
  10. Nkito Well-Known Member

Are they showing as "misses" or being parried, etc? I haven't really looked at act yet this xpac but is there an abundance of brawler mobs? I am curious if it's a full time 360 degree avoidance or a temporary buff they cast.

edit: as far as Algae Fiend I think Twisty's post below is on the right track, we just had the healer and tank dps the fight which was enough time to curse/cure.
  11. Anaogi Well-Known Member

It sure feels like dps is being artificially throttled. When my offense-shy defiler tops the parse against Heroic Vigoh, something's not quite right...
  12. Gninja Developer

Just saying he is right doesn't help. I'm sure he is right but I would like to look more into these fights and make sure things are actually the way they are due to intent and not some other reason.
  13. Anaogi Well-Known Member

That's the thing, at least for me--I can't tell what's happening. Is it Resolve? (Groupmates swear up and down no) Potency? (Groupmates aren't THAT far off, and besides, DEFILER) Combat Mitigation? (How would I even KNOW? I don't even know how it works!)

If I knew what to give you, it wouldn't be so vague...but it's all I have for now.
  14. Twisty Well-Known Member

@Gninja I was in group with Neiloch. I can't speak for what "other" fights he's also frustrated with, but the one in question was Algae Fiend yesterday (or early this AM). I suspect it's just another bug with this fight that we ran into, for which currently the work around is to stop dps. Here's how it went down:
    • There were no pets and no dumbfires cast at all
    • We blew past 75% rather quickly to about 70%
    • The group got 1 shotted for no apparent reason (no curses, no fail messages, no actual incoming death damage in ACT).
    • It feels like the curse-expired mechanic triggered even tho there were no curses
    We eventually killed it by rolling painfully slowly from 80 to 75 and coming to a screeching halt at 75. Sitting on our hands for between 10 and 30secs waiting for curse to be cast and proceeding only after seeing it cast. I suspect this is nothing to do with encounter design and just a logic bug on curse cast.

Being restricted to at least a 3min fight with solo healer due to curse-cure gating is not a great mechanic, but at least a visually understandable mechanic. We can already burn between 25% increments in under a minute, so it'll be a pretty annoying fight in about a month. Not a huge deal, but something to consider; may be give curse explosion a 100m AE? So as option for the last curse just have one person suicide joust-out instead of waiting for curse cure refresh
  15. Twisty Well-Known Member

Also the HP on the last guy Ongnissim the Unseen in heroic is way overtuned. It doesn't make the fight any harder, just unnecessarily long and monotonous. I would recommend cutting his HP in half.

AlgaeFiend HP: 203,444,968,563
    Ongnissim the Unseen HP: 423,994,778,299
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

I think theres something happend with adds on certain encounters right now and may be related, and it isn't intended. I run alot of zones and I'm seeing an add mechanic appear to seemingly malfunction on SEVERAL different scripts. This has been something I've witnessed in zones in the last..week? And not not before then.

For example: Final mob in Repository of secrets last night. First pull we were absolutely swarmed with adds. Dps was 790 million groupwide over a 2:34 second fight before I called for an evac because adds were spawning so fast that we couldn't keep up on them without the named healing to full. We did use rising tide on the pull so the initial dps spike was considerable. They appeared to be spawning 3-4 at a time, not normal for that script. Next pull we had 1 add..just one. Fight took 1:08 seconds and groupwide damage was 1.1 bil. Obviously no rising tide that pull because reuse was down. Setup was Pally, Conji, assassin, troub, defiler illy.

Other encounters I've seen the same thing happen:
    General Janosz in Kaesora:Xalgosian Stronghold. Reavers were popping 3-4 at a time and we assumed maybe something was changed in the script such that you were penalized for damaging him when his bulwark was up. However he was randomly spamming his bulwark message over and over. Reavers overan us. Finally just slow burned just the reavers and got it down. However I've been back to the same zone several times since and NOT seen it reproduced.

I don't know if its something happening with one of the classes we have present or what. Again with reaver as I recall it was a pally tanking, illy was present, as well as conji. Other setup probably had some variability.
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

Edit: Decided to make a seperate post for the add bugging issue I've encountered.
    I've also experienced the algae fiend one shot the group with no curses both times I've done the zone. We ran back and did nothing differently and did not experience it the second time in both instances
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Seems to relate to trying to keep dps when his buffs are up from what I've seen. Instead of applying the damage reduction buff again as a 25% chance, it appears to be giving 25% chance to do the whole script part again.
  19. Gninja Developer

Back to the original comment, did the Algae Fiend issue with curses hitting pets get resolved?
  20. Vogie Active Member

My group spent a lot of time on him last night and he never once cast the curse on my pet.