Lost all houses after server transfer

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mihoya, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

omg are you serious? they restored my houses after transfers in the past, I did have to petition and I did submit saved layouts. it sucks this weird bug is still alive and well :(
    It shouldn't happen
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I need to plan my next transfer with just the bags inventory, maybe bank. Do those transfer ok nowadays?
  3. Leafa Active Member

The items that were placed in your house disappeared? Did the items in your bag and bank make it okay? Getting nervous about the upcoming transfer now :(
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

the whole house disappeared.

bag and personal bank were fine. i believe i did move everything out of the shared bank because it was the last toon there and shared banks, in my experience, stay with the server (and faction on pvp servers)
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When they gave them the houses back they were empty and all the items were in the characters overflow so they have 5000+ items from their houses in their characters overflow, it will take eons to get all of that out. Although I believe Rosy told them how to get it out of overflow easier.
  6. Lainni Member

Perfect opportunity to ask for the option of a "deposit all" button to move furniture into the moving crate.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Problem in this case is that there are several houses involved, so which items would go to which houses? You can't place 5000 items into a single house or moving crate, so the mechanic of getting all of them into one wouldn't occur.

That WOULD be a nice idea in other situations, however.

You know, I wonder if any house expanders that she had used are still credited. I mean, if she used a 200 slot expander for a home, and it now only has the base number of furniture slots, then it seems that another refund is due.

Really, I'm completely on with Ceyarrecks' idea that they should just restore the houses from a backup. Any business worth its salt backs up all files on a regular basis. Even if they had to restore her homes as they were a month or two ago, it would be better than what it is now.
  8. Mariebella Well-Known Member

Oh no this is awful, I need to move MB from fallen gate and her hoarder mountain.

I'm on MD if you need a hand give me a yell.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've PM'ed TTobey and Kaitheel, the only devs I know about that well at all, to have them do something or poke the techs or show them this thread or SOMETHING. Both of them say that's not really their department, and I guess being devs rather than techs, that's true, but they also seem to be relying on the CS people knowing what to do. Which may be a fool's hope, these days. :-/

Uwk
    open to suggestions