Lost all houses after server transfer

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mihoya, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Mihoya Active Member

2. Breanna Well-Known Member

You truly have done a fantastic job. I am so sorry they are treating you this way. I'm off now to do a save layout on all of mine just in case I forgot 1. I don't remember having to redo mine after any of the merges I went through.
  3. Mihoya Active Member

4. Mihoya Active Member

@Breanna
    Even I don't wanna log on game
    So hurt
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

All of those pictures are gorgeous. You do beautiful work. Hopefully when your wrist is healed, you will feel up to fixing what you can from your screenshots and going from there.
    Breanna, Soara2, musemie and 2 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Indeed, what Cey said: what server are you on now, Musemie? The player base, at least, could help. :) 'Cause this is (/scrolling down the mental list to find something that won't be replaced by a lot of ***'s), ah, nonsense on their part. There have been many a server transfer where things glitched in the past, and NO ONE who was a REAL customer support person turned their backs on their customers and refused to help, or said the obvious -- nonsense -- about how "it couldn't be done." I've seen devs/techs/CS folks/etc. move mountains, when they want to. I can't believe they (/scrolling down the list again) -- oh, let's call it what it is -- FIRED everyone who knew what they were doing there. >:-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Ratala, Febrith and 5 others like this.
  7. Mihoya Active Member

Thank you for your sweet and kindness .
  8. Mihoya Active Member

MajDul
    But not sure when can I go back.
    Still don't know what to do.
    Thank you for your kindness.
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Uwkete and myself both reside on Maj'Dul,
    and I can pledge support in however way will resolve your current situation,...
  10. Mihoya Active Member

Thank you so much.
  11. Mihoya Active Member

Thank you so much.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

OMG. I am so sorry. This is terrible! I can't believe this. Just so wrong.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

I am on Maj'Dul too and can help if needed. Not sure though, you say you have all your stuff, they just piled it into your overflow correct. So basically the problem is having to take it all out, I don't think we can help with that, although we would if we could. But if you do need anything, please feel free to give me a shout and I will help as best I can.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, what beautiful houses! That's so sad to lose all that work! :(

I, too, am on Maj'Dul, and although I suck at decorating, I would help you in any way I can. I can certainly donate lots of mats or furnishings, although someone else should definitely decorate.

The sad thing is that the FAQ said that you can save your layout, but it also said that you wouldn't need to, because your houses should have been transferred intact. I really can't believe that someone was so inconsiderate that they just lumped everything together that way and stuck it into your overflow that way.
  15. Mihoya Active Member

Really sad...
    Thank you.
  16. Mihoya Active Member

Thank you Juraiya.
    There's a lot more than this screen shot I didn't take...huh
  17. Mihoya Active Member

Thank you Breanna
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

FYI - sorting your bags will put overflow items into them until your bags are full. This is much easier than right-clicking on each one to move it from overflow to bags.

Here's one possible solution:
    1. Create 5 new toons, and give each one 24 46-slot bags (12 for their bank, and 6 each for house vault and their bag space). 46-slot bags are usually cheap; if they are too pricey, then use 44-slot boxes - whatever is cheapest.
    2. As you fill your bags from the overflow, then use them to fill up bags in the shared bank. (Drag bag icon from your character window to an open shared bank bag to quickly transfer contents.)
    3. Log the new toons in and empty shared bank bags into their bank bags.
    4. Empty their bank bags into their bags, and then into their vault bags as needed.
    5. Make them all trustees of your houses, so they can drop the items in the houses. Put a bulletin board in there so you can right-click on it to access their house vaults.
    If you want to take time to sort and group items, you could, or you can just empty stuff until your overflow is finally empty and you can move again.
  19. Mihoya Active Member

That a very useful smart idea!

CS GM sent me a email ,this is a bit of happy news.even nothing done yet.
    "might have a way to help you with those 2 big houses ,and also have to wait until tomorrow afternoon which when the person is available to show them the process."
    So now I'm waiting with hope.
    If there's any good news I'll post let you know guys.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Elyria and 6 others like this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Good to hear, musemie. I hope all works out well for you and they are able to restore your homes for you. If not, please count me in on assisting with the restoration process. Ceyarrecks and I are both part of a team of three decorators, and I'm sure that Vasciagio, as the third member of our team DVC, would be willing to assist as well when he learns of your situation. Just let us know how things turn out with DBG. :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 6 others like this.