Losing fervor when zoning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jalathan, May 19, 2022.

1. Jalathan Active Member

I have begun to notice that I lose about 4 fervor when I first zone (subsequent zonings do not change this) after I reset my familiar buff (both the familiar and the familiar buff), the amount returns, only to drop again when I zone again. I tested this going from Svarni to Karuupa (to eliminate leaving an xpac) and back again.

This is happening on my ranger who has a capped fervor stat. Right now, I'm capped at 761.x when I zone, I drop to 757.x until I recast the two familiar buffs.

Granted, I know that 4 fervor is not much, but there is definitely something going on and while that is a work around (recasting buffs) that gets kind old after a while.
    Eufelia, Taled and Twyla like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

This is, unfortunately, a known - and long, long, long, lived - issue with the fervor overcap granted by the familiar buff.

see: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/fervor-overcap-calculation.600389/

The issue *also* occurs if you die, or any other time your buffs are recalculated/applied. The issue SEEMS to be that, for some reason, the familiar buff is apparently not the last thing that 'reapplies' unless you do it manually - so you lose the overcap from the familiar.
    Twyla, Jalathan and Beee like this.
  3. Jalathan Active Member

Ok, I had tried to look for a previous mention of the issue, but hadn't seen it. Thanks for the info!
    Taled likes this.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

No worries! Some of the bugs are difficult to decipher the direct cause/effect, and finding the post that is about it can be even harder at times.