Losing all 6 fabled mats on fail combine intended ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Michayla@Najena wrote:
    Horrific consequences? You're acting as if someone dies, IRL, if a combine fails...

Costly consequences? That was before Sleepers Tomb was added, dropping Prime components like candy.

Moderate consequences? That may still be pushing it, but, I am feeling generous, so moderate it is.

If you do not want to run the risk of your power going out, or net dropping, decline the request to make the combine. No one is threatening you with eternal pain and suffering if you do not make the combine. Alternatively, you can ensure the customer is aware that in the event of failure, it is their loss, not yours. If the customer does not like that, politely inform them that you decline the request, and encourage them to go get the recipe for themself.

I like the presence of risk in the crafting scene, reminds me of the good old days.

Edit : The only solution required, is Tradeskillers being smarter with commissions. Inform the customer that you will do the combine for XX plat (no guarantee), or alternatively you can do it for YY plat and guarantee success. Adjust your prices based on the combine being made (and cost of components), and let the customer choose if they want a guaranteed result. Unless you are habitually vulnerable to going LD, this stands to provide a better profit margin, and in the event of "horrific" consequences, you're covered.

Easy as that.
  2. ARCHIVED-katalmach Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    Even if that were the case, I am sure we would get people on this forum defending it as intended.
    "My cat jumped on my keyboard and caused me to fail my combine, which resulted in an orphanage burning to the ground!"
    "Uh, yeah, that's the risk you take. A crafter needs to be prepared, god forbid there's a consequence for failure! Risk versus reward! Charge more in the future so that you can donate plat from your profit margin to the burnt down orphanage. Personally I like the presence of risk, crafting is much more exciting when somebody's life is on the line. Like the good old days!"
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Zannah@Splitpaw wrote:
    You know, Customer Service is very understanding the first time a cat jumps on your keyboard and stops the combine you just started. Its about the third time in a month this happens that they start to question your integrity.
    Seriously, how often do you fail any combine?