Lore and race/class combo question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Macinley1, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Macinley1 New Member

New to the game but an old time EQ1 vet from a good 15 or so years ago. Not even sure when i last played it.

Anyway i enjoy playing unique class race combos, especially if it goes against the grain for game lore. So i was curious going with the set lore of both games, which would be the least likely (most shunned) for going necro, dwarf or wood elf? I like how those two look so it would be up those.

Sorry for posting this here but there doesn't seem to be a lore forum.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Both Dwarf and Wood Elf are "good" aligned races so cannot start as a necro. You'd need to create either a wood elf or dwarf conjuror and get them to level 10 then betray to one of the evil cities. One of the consequences of completion of the betrayal timeline will be the reset of your class from conjuror to necro. Not sure whther this answers your lore question, but typically once fully betrayed your new home city won't care a rats a$$ about your class. ;)
    Some help at
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Betrayal_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Character_Race
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

In eq2, alignment is pretty black and white for the main cities.

Qeynos hates anyone who is from Freeport, Gorowyn or Neriak, no exceptions. Doesn't matter if you started out as a wood elf or not. Likewise the royals in Kelethin will happily try to murder anyone from the evil cities (though the rest of the city just kind of ignores you like the citizens of New Halas).

Freeport and Neriak very much hate anyone good aligned (Kelethin, Qeynos, New Halas). Like Qeynos, they do not at all care where you started, only where you are currently.

Gorowyn is the exception to the rule and while they are 'evil aligned' they don't care who comes to and does business in their city. You just can't access faction merchants and buy housing as a good aligned. Early on in the expansion where that city was introduced, Iksar couldn't start or do business there, but at some point that was changed.

Full lorewise? I don't think there is any specific lore on traditionally good races becoming necromancers in eq2. You just get shunned like any other evil race/class would in the good cities. No different than if you were a dark elf shadowknight born in Neriak walking in.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

For me the wood elf would be the less likely of the two to go necro, since they are normally all about nature and good. I can see a dwarf turning to the dark side more easily living in the dark mines and getting all depressed. Either one is going to get smart remarks occasionally from the NPCs in places like Freeport as well as constant "senses you don't belong here" emotes from the guard dogs.
  5. Macinley1 New Member

This was my thought is well. I can't see either one going necro but I see the dwarf being more likely. I ended up picking the wood elf. Partly because I think they look slightly better and then because it fits my idea a bit more. Currently grinding up the dark elf faction. Now I need to think on a evil race for a good class. Shame I'm now really a fan of the evil races or the good side classes. Maybe a dark elf something.
    Prissetta likes this.