Loot Tables need help

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by AvenElonis, Jan 22, 2020.

1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

It seems like the loot tables in EQ2 have been off for a while.

I feel the "problems" in CD loot tables were cut/pasted into BoL.

Any thoughts ?
    Zynt and Soara2 like this.
  2. Tangris Well-Known Member

See other sections like general and bug forums, you are not alone.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

BOL felt rushed and not completed at release.
    Svenone, Breanna, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The loot tables are definitely messed up. One of the most visible problems is when you try to transmute junk loot and get... CD transmutation materials instead of BoL mats. Read the Bug Reports forum for a slice of the challenges.

This is not to say that BoL is completely unplayable or not fun, just that there are plenty of potholes in the road.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Help!! I have fallen into a pothole and I can't get up!!
    Zynt, Sigrdrifa, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

More like a sinkhole than a pothole.....
    Zynt, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

I am disabled...a pothole is all they need!
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When I'm being "taxed" for highway maintenance, I expect the occasional pothole. These days, there's so many, my wheels all fell off and I'm walking.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I love seeing an exquisite chest drop. It seriously is one of the best looking pieces of game art in the game. The legendary and treasured boxes are ugly and plain. The small loot boxes are perfect but not "pretty," and those boxes like the ones that drop at the end of killing Tox are just weird.

This being said, one more fabled ascension recipe drops and breaks my heart I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess fall in the sinkhole with the rest of you.
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Can you post a pic of an exquisite chest just so I can see what one looks like? Thnx in advance.
    Tangris, Breanna and Zynt like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Me too. I have gait and balance issues from Primary Progressive MS so, really a crack in the sidewalk on a bad day could be a sinkhole!!!
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The problem with the loot tables is simple: they're being artificially dampened to suppress any form of progression in the game. As I previously mentioned in the "bug" forum, when you're getting similar or more loot from an heroic zone than you a raid, something is seriously amiss. Again, last nite in Blinding, the raid loot for an entire raid force to pick over was one red rune and a bow. Seriously? I get you may want to hold back rapid progression, but there's a difference between slowing it down and choking the life out of it.