Loot Tables - COE:Advanced Solo zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estred Well-Known Member

Sounds quite reasonable. Also very close to what I had originally hoped for with Solo Zones, a full set of Legendary Armor with 3-4 Pieces of Fabled that were good with perhaps unique procs that help make Soloing easier.
  2. Lungz Member

and then there is this jewel of a statement. so since the update i have been doing exactly what you wrote here. i have a full set of steward jewelry, weapons, and charms, and 1 piece of fabled armor that i bought...wait for it.....months ago...from a raid.
    so in all my runs since the update i have not looted or bought one piece of fabled gear for my alt. not because i cant get them or afford to buy them because they are not even remotely as common or easy to get as you keep trying to say they are.

having trouble understanding your angle. maybe you are sad because you easy farmed obols and spirits and now you are mad people farming solo zones are getting crappy raid armor. i doubt you are sad because youre a raider and you see people getting crappy raid armor from solos because your raid armor will trump this junk making it null point. but youre obviously trying to mislead everyone so they do some kind of change to it again.

at this point i just think youre trolling or full of ****.
  3. Plavem Active Member

I am prolly one of the most negative people on these forums. And I completely disagree with you. Mainly because your entire post is flawed. You speak about what is best for the game, but yet you are trying to cripple the game.

1. Heirloom - the reason for this is to give those players who play a lot be it through raids or just grouping the ability to continue their experiences through their alts. Other wise you would more than likely have a lot of the player base logging in before raid, and logging off after raid. Most raiders don't need anything else for their main that can be obtained outside of raids. However alts are always fun and entice a player to log on and be part of the grouping community where if not for an alt they may have just logged. So it helps the community.

2. Selling Loot Rights - while is see your point, I still think your are delusional thinking it does anything more than help the community. There are only a few type of players this helps. A) The casual player, who logs on and does a couple of heroics with pugs. They don't really have time to raid or obtain gear through normal means. However, if they are able to buy a raid piece here or there, this will make their experience a little more enjoyable, as well as helping them to find group that much faster because they aren't in all legendary... Again this helps the community. B.) The Raider, whos logs on to raid every night, sadly a certain piece they have been wanting to get hasn't dropped for their guild.It might drop for someone else's guild as a common, so they end up selling it. The raider is happy, and the guild is happy. Again this doesn't hurt the community. If anything it helps the community by making the Raiders guild that much better allowing them to progress further. While in turn enriching the other guilds money income. Money that can buy guild mats, pots, food etc.

Either way both example are doing nothing but helping the community as a whole. Why you are fighting sound logic is beyond me. But I will say this, no other MMO has this feature. Which in turn made me log off after raids or play another game. That is bad for the community. In rift and wow I was in top 20 world guilds, once I got the gear to progress there was no other point for me to log on. Sure I could have created an alt and went through the grind but I refuse to waste my time doing the same thing over and over again.

Oh all the things I feel sony has messed up doing, I honestly believe the loot system, chrono system, and the crafting system are by far the best of any game currently on the market.

You complained about people farming PR, however other games have solo instances ( not like eq2's advanced solos ), that allow you to explore the lore without ever stepping foot into the raid. These instances also reward various loot. The way the system is here is you chrono down and go kill a times 4 but on the way you get to see the lore behind it all. At the end you get payed for it, which again is good for the community. It allows people to spend plat, while also giving people a reason to be online.

While I understand you are entitled to your own feed back, and you feel you posting here is helping the community. But yet ever single person in this thread has vetoed any and all of your ideas. Which means your feedback isn't helping the community, because the community is speaking against you. So please stop posting.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

I like it. Already I have gained more useful fabled items through choosing which character loots or by getting a drop from a friend (and the odd SLR bought) than I did the entire time from release to now.
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

yes, you caught me. my goal in these forums is ensure that I destroy any possible chance you have to ever enjoy this game.

i do this purely out of spite and my evil nature.. or perhaps i am someone from your past that has been deeply hurt and now seeks secret revenge that can only be gained by implanting subliminal suggestions in the heads of weak developers, who will surely to change the game in small but annoying ways and eventually result in the cruelest possible demise for you.

alas, you have so cleverly discovered my plans, so now i must come up with a new plan. ooh.. an idea comes..

MWHAHAHAHAHAA....
  6. Caethre Active Member

((
    Most of your post is a rehash of earlier arguments.

- Reasons why it is "ok" in your opinion for 6-account (or whatever number) bot teams to farm raid content and just sell it for plat. Even if they then sell that plat to websites, because "what business is that of anyone else". [Even if it damages the game.]

- Reasons why it is "ok" for players who are not actually interested in doing non-trivial content themselves to just endlessly farm trivial zones for plat to buy from the above first group noted above. Because "they can play the way they want". [Of course they can, but that doesn't mean the game design is forced to let them do things that harm the game's longevity.]

- Reasons why it is "ok" that the de facto easiest route becomes to do exactly that for everyone, even if they think that is not a stable or healthy way for a game to be heading. Because the special interest groups referred to in the last two points are strongly supporting SLR. [And everyone else doesn't really matter, of course.]
    ))

((
    However, you have now added a fourth point:

- Reasons why it is "ok" to argue that anyone not in the special interest groups who love SLR have a right to think they have a "veto" over anyone elses views to the contrary.

Sir, you have no "veto" on other peoples opinions or their right to post them - on this or any other subject. People are free to post their feedback, within the forum guidelines set out by SOE, and I refer you to those forum guidelines on this. But I know you know this already, but I am making a point - you cannot tell anyone "to stop posting".

I will make my point again.

"SLR" is creating a game where normal players are incentivized to farm trivial content and then buy gear rather than do content themselves. This is making more and more normal players, the types who do not come to these forums and post at all, to slowly stop logging in. They do not see a point, as they are not interested in endless mentoring down and farming what would otherwise be grey zones for plat, just so as to be able to have a gear level that the players who ARE doing precisely that. So why do it? Because since others are doing it, and are acquiring better gear, faster, by doing so, it is the only sensible way TO do it whilst SLR is available.

SLR is right now, the only show in town for non-hardcore raiders who want to be able to be equivalently geared to other players of the same playstyle. Players are being forced into it, even if they hate it, because they have little choice but to compete. Indeed, since the solo zones went SLR-enabled, the channels are full now of SLR on fabled gear. It is endless. It is a limitless and bountiful supply. Feed the community an endless diet of fabled gear and soon that is the basic standard, there is nothing less worth having.

We are not talking the hardcore raiding minority here, we are talking the vast overwhelming number of ordinary players who are increasingly finding the game heading this way.

This is heading down that slippery slope really fast.

And those supporting it are part of the problem. Being an apologist for SLR is helping to damage the game.

Unlike you, however, I cannot produce the arrogance of suggesting that you should not be allowed to post.
    ))
  7. Dinwiz Active Member

kinda gay the chest changed , now auction channel being spammed with this ****** loot

also its a lot harder to get a group going now
  8. Owli Member

Please, do not change the drop rates or loot tables. They are not broken and are working fine as is.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Don't care about the drop rate any more, just make it so they can't be sold. On splitpaw yesterday, over a 4 hour period, there was not a 10 minute period went by without these being sold.

Make them drop, and tradeable between the people present for the kill (That way if you are doing it in pairs, and one of you needs it, you can decide between you), or make it so once then final boss of a zone has died, the instance is no longer able to be zoned into by others.

We've gone from solo players being able to get raid loot for 10 mins work, to solo players able to provide every other person with raid loot for 10 mins work. Why even bother making Heroic Content any more?
    Estred likes this.
  10. Plavem Active Member

Perhaps you should go back and re-read my post because you failed the first time.

First, I didn't demand you stop posting I asked, so take your guild lines and put them in a nice and warm place.

GOOD DAY SIR
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

Yes, the vast overwhelming number of ordinary players are now getting worthwhile loot in their adventures, selling it and buying other worthwhile loot in order to better their character. You mean that as a Ranger, I can go solo dreadcutter, sell the useless [Fabled Cleric Pants] for 100p and then for those 100p, i can buy myself [Fabled Ranger Pants] off the cleric that soloed DC and has no use for them? It's F***ING CRAZY MAN!

As logic and common sense seem to have no more meaning to you than the common courtesy of typing in a font that doesn't hurt people's eyes, I'll refer you to the items/inventory portion of the definition of a "Role-Playing Video Game", with the important part highlighted for you in an what I hope is a sufficiently annoying bold and coloured font:

"Players can find loot throughout the game world and collect it, such as clothing, weapons, and armor. Players can trade items for currency and better equipment."
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Yes, I think normal people are finding the game much better now, and are finding better ways to get geared up and become viable.

Now if we could just do away with NO-TRADE/HEIRLOOM so we don't have to have SLR to get gear around where more people can get it. Base 160 stuff should be brokerable, imo. It's meant to be gotten solo.

WIS items drop far more for me than any other for some reason, I'd rather sell them to someone that can use them, than mute them. I can solo lots of places for muteables.

I've had a couple of the 171 or whatever pieces drop, the low number of those doesn't justify the whole 'solo drops raid loot' hue and cry from the 'have's'. It's sub Coe raid gear, and sub DoV riad gear, it's trash loot equivalent and the low drop rate seems fine for the 'aaahhhhh' factor when u get one.

I can box sarinich and baroddas in one of the heroic zones and get the occasional spirit now. That gear is making life much easier. If they would drop obals in advanced solo instances, that is the only thing i would ask to be changed right now. My Server, Guk, is really dead for PuGing but now that I can box some it's working. Doing that access quest x4 accounts was a total pain though.
  13. Caethre Active Member

((
    The ones who are "wrong" are you and the other apologists for SLR. You have either failed to read or failed to comprehend my posts if you cannot see a single thing that is wrong with SLR.

Putting vast quantities of plat into the game is NOT A GOOD THING, it boosts the natural mudflation already present in these kinds of games into the stratosphere, and that is good for absolutely noone. "Making more money" is meaningless when the value of that money is depreciating so quickly. But my objection is not this economic collapse, messy as it is, but rather that it is a gamestyle wrecker.

I want to see a game where normal players do content themselves, not farm grey mobs (by mentoring down) to buy the results of other people using trivialized gear/botpacks to play the game for them. I couldn't care less if banning SLR causes 100 botpack users and 500 platfarmers to leave EQII, as it will lead to the game being more appealing to the rest of the mass of the playerbase, and the game will attract more of the right kind of people (tm). Ergo, people who actually want to do content themselves. Yes, I am entitled to that opinion.

I put it to you, however, since you benefit from it personally and see no reason for the game to actually involve players actually completing the content themselves as a result. All I am hearing from you and those who agree with you is "I am benefiting, so who cares if the game is suffering".
    ))

((
    It is you who have absolutely no idea who you are talking about. Your turning this discussion into an attempt to attack me personally just failed completely. I solo, group and raid as I wish to, without issue. I could farm PR multiple times per week if I choose to, buy whatever I want, do whatever I want (within the EULA) - but - this is nothing do with this debate at all. This is not about longterm veterans like me, it is about the community as a whole.

So a complete FAIL on your part to try to make this a personal issue. It isn't personal.
    ))

((
    Players do not fail to come to the forums "because of SLR", they just do not come to the forums anyway, as these places infested with people who have strong points of view, which puts most players off. Most gamers are casual and laidback, and will play whilst they have fun things to do. My point is - most of them (most of 'us') do not find the path of farming grey mobs for excessive coin and then paying someone else to play for us as a valid or fun way to play. I go further, I think the game design should not encourage this, but the problem is that right now, the game incentivizes it!

Many here are apologists for SLR, that seems to be true on this thread at least. But that means nothing, this thread has attracted less than 0.01% of the playing population, and is getting feedback exactly from those who removing SLR would hurt.
    ))

((
    Trying again to belittle my feedback by guessing how long I've been playing? This tells me you have not read the thread either. But you are (again) wrong. I am a 13 year veteran of EQ1 and EQII, and I've been playing EQII since launch, without a break.

SLR has been around a while, but the impact it has has been getting worse.

Firstly, SOE have attached the Heirloom/No Trade flags on more and more levels of loot in the latest expansions, making less loot that is worth having actually tradeable. This is not a good thing.

Secondly, SOE have not removed or toned down the excessive plat drops in some old raid zones, which are now trivial for every Tom Dick and Harry to farm, rather than just a small number of players.

Thirdly, now, good fabled loot is available in solo content, not a problem by itself, but once that became SLR enabled, now the channels are flooded with it.

If left unchanged, every sigle active player will have full fabled on multiple alts very soon. Then what, buddy? Since most of us have no interest in hardcore raiding, what is everyone going to do then? Oh yes... leave the game and play something more chllenging. Duh.

This path is a nightmare. Your self-interest cannot see past it. Frankly, that doesn't matter, as my feedback is for SOE, not for you.

SOE, you need to think this through. SLR in its current form needs a rethink. Just look online any evening, and see the channels flooded with it. Is this the game as you intend?
    ))
  14. Owli Member

All I see is the tears of the raiders, QQ now that they no longer have a monopoly on SLR. This change was much needed, don't have it SOE just because a few people like to hold back change.
    Lungz and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

Actually, SOE has recognized that the players prefer to be able to trade their items and will find ways to do it, even if it's artifically restricted. So this efffect, SOE has recognized that SLR is a form of legitimate trade, so it no longer matters whether the item is heirlook or brokerable - it's still an item that can be bought/sold/traded. Instead of making more items brokerable, SOE developers are currently focused on making an improved SLR system that better facilitates this way of trading - a system that will protect both the sellers and the buyers, as well as remove plat from the game. This was discussed in several developer conversations at last year's fan faire.

Right, which makes it more attractive for people to do current tier content and sell their fairly-earned loot instead of farming outdated greyed out zones for plat. This is actually a good thing.
  16. Owli Member

17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Why go through all that development when just removing HEIRLOOM/NO-TRADE from all but a select few items would answer the problem, introduce no new bugs, and could be done with lootscript 6000?

Heck, I'd get rid of attune at this point. Most of the reasons it was put in are gone now, except they want to sell 'unattuners' for $16 a pop.
  18. Owli Member

It wont' matter SLR will always exist. Will just be auctioning off things that can be put on broker, won't change anything..nothing even needs to be changed any way.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

That is actually one of the options and my own (as well as at least ONE senior developer's) preference as well.

The DEV answer to that question had to with the "potential" SLR tool actually being used to drive plat out of the game. (i.e. if i sell to you via the SLR tool, SOE takes 20% or whatever, just like broker - there was a suggested number mentioned, but i forget what it was). In effect it the proposed system is a "broker" for SLR items. Sorta.

p.s. Just to be clear - I don't know if they're actually working on it, it was one of the things being proposed by DEVs as of last SOE live, but no idea now.
    Estred likes this.
  20. Plavem Active Member

Owli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.