Loot crates - Mount, Merc and now Familiar Boost

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadowfoot, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Shadowfoot New Member

Please stop the Random Crates or change the amount of coins it takes to purchase the items (7000 is stupid) for those that are unlucky on random luck.

I take myself as a decent player and have always tried to min/max my character to the best that I can be and to help my guild as a DPS/Utility class.

I am now sitting without 3 items that are considered P2W; the Mount, the Mercenary, and the recently released Familiar Boost which equals to a gap of 59 Fervor, 28 Fervor OverCap, 1405 Potency, and 5.7 ADC for all three..

The worse part of this I have accumulated over 4000 coins (est over $500 spent) and I still need to spend $500 more to even have a chance on any of these with my current luck.

If another item is released on a crate, I will be significantly behind and will not be able to enjoy the game among my peers and the ONLY opportunity to better myself is to excessively spend real life money to beat a mechanic that should of never been put into this game.
    Argosunited and Geroblue like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I personally don't want the appearance gear. I would much rather be able to deliberately purchase infusers, levelling potions, and barding unlocks individually... it should be possible to find a price point at which DBG makes the same amount of money they get selling the gambling crates. Some people would still buy the crates, sure, for the mount and such.
    Argosunited and Geroblue like this.
  3. Interstella Member

Yeah if you are a subscriber only, you are considered a deadbeat.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The Devs created effectively a two class T1 DPS within a year. Those players with their credit card next to the PC will do "P2W" T1 DPS and those who can't afford this (Family, Redundancy - Remember we have a economic crises Worldwide ) will not be able to compete.
    Argosunited likes this.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

I wish p2w dps existed for my class.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I agree. It is definitely a P2W game today. I hate the whole NRG thing that the Overseer is based on. Without having spent any Jadeite Medallions and having two accounts that have reached level 20, the largest pool of Medallions is 326. I have 28 100,000 status ingots, 3 500,000 status ingots, and 2 1,000,000 status ingots. Meanwhile my husband has a stack of 10,000,000 status ingots. I also have a ton of appearance gear I will never use. At this rate I will get 7,000 in well over a year, well past the point of usability. And I am NOT going to buy the crates. I knew someone who spent over $800 dollars and still didn't get what he wanted.