Looks like I could be back!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yep, finally got some internet I'm going to try out and see if it works out okay. Hopefully this will work out for me. I've got my fingers crossed so we'll see.
  2. Elyria Well-Known Member

Yay! Good luck! I hope things are going better for you and yours:)
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

They seem to getting better day by day. Still living in a travel trailer but hopefully that will be remedied in the coming months. :)
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Good Luck ! And welcome back to the forums.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks! It's nice to be back!:)
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Welcome Back and crossing my fingers for you :)
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of luck!:)
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Welcome back, and fingers crossed for you!
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks! I appreciate it!:)
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

Wellll......I got into the game but my connection keeps shutting off for some reason. I don't think I'll ever get used to this!!!:confused:
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Might check with your Internet provider and see if you are on metered service, or if the connection to their customers in your neighborhood is flakey.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

I just found out what the problem is. I thought my brother had got unlimited but apparently he didn't. He just got off the phone with Verizon and they told him he was going to have to buy a $50 modem or over $200 to get what I need. So, he's going to go get the modem. I'm back to waiting to be able to play for any extended time. I really do hate this!!:mad:
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have a cable modem. Its not that difficult for the cable tv company, I checked, but they act like they are installing a National Park with roads, buildings, etc. I tell them, its just a modem, stop being silly.

They tell me I"m wrong, then I pointed out I have 30 years experience with computer repair and support. I get along fine with their tech support people because we speak the same lingo. Its getting past the 'have you rebooted it yet ?' people thats irritating.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

My problem is that the internet I'm using is from Verizon and they are cell phones. But I know what you mean. I get along quite well with the tech guys with cable. I can talk to them just fine. The problem is the people in the office. Most of the tech guys refer to them as dummies because they think they know more than they really do.:rolleyes:
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, I'm not saying this actually happened... :)

A manager came to me one day and wanted me to do something on his computer, except science hadn't progressed that far. He must have watched a movie and thought it was real or something.

So I replied back, semi-jokingly, that I couldn't violate the Laws of Physics just for him.

His reply floored me. He said, "Its okay, I'm a manager.". Apparently he thought I meant a real on the books law. So I told him no. He went to my boss and complained. My boss laughed. So the guy went to the head boss for our area. The guy left 'seeking future enhancements to his career' the next day.

My boss asked me if the guy was joking, while the guy was stomping off to see the big boss, and I said no he wasn't.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

LOL Sounds like some people I know! They seem to think that if they see it in a movie then it can be done. I'm serious! I know people who actually think that their computer can do things like in the movies.o_O
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Now to get them to stop asking the very first question "Is it plugged in?"...
    Soara2 and Leloes like this.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

LOL Yeah, I love it when they ask that! Like I'm too stupid not to know if it's plugged in or not!
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I had to ask such a question at various places I worked.

Folks would put the power strip on the floor, tap their foot to music, and shut off their computer by hitting the power switch.

Or move the power strip unplugging it from the wall when they yanked on the cord.

Then call me and ask if the system was down.