Looking for Xpack clarification

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrox, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am sure someone else here purchased the Family Friends pack ($249.00). However, I never tried to claim the companion until just the other day on my alt account. I found out that that standard edition that came with my pre-order is not considered pre-order and does not get the companion? Instead of 1PE & 1CE ($229.98) which would have netted me both accounts with the companion, what a chump I was to think they would be fair and honest.

Was it stated somewhere in the fine print that that SE piece was not considered pre-order? In my mind, for that amount of money both should be considered pre-order. Since customer service simply replied with "it's not" and closed the ticket without really any pro-quo, I assume they just don't have time for me. I have typically had good CS form those folks so I was thrown aback by the way this one was handled and with no explanation of where to find that it was described this way for someone who was making the purchase.

@DayBreak/DarkPaw please point me to where it says only half of the order is considered pre-order. I feel like I deserve to have the companion on both accounts, I would really like someone to explain to me why not and what the freaking big deal is please.

Thank you,

Long time paying customer
    Argosunited and Rosyposy like this.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

The Family pack has the same items as the most expensive non-Family pack. Each of which says the buyer gets one per account.

The Family pack then lists seven items where the buyer gets a second one that can be traded. Hopefully you got all seven of these.

You saved a bit over the cost of getting two of the most expensive non-Family pack which would have provided duplicates of more than seven items. Pre-order is not the issue since a pack purchased today gives the same benefits as one bought before BoL release. Yes two of the PE gives more than the Family pack for a cost of about $280 instead of $250.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

There was a lot of talk about this back when pre-orders were available. My forum search doesn't go back far enough to give a result. The bottom line, though, is that the standard edition that came with the purchase is not considered pre-order. Why? *shrug*
    Jrox and Breanna like this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

The companion was a pre-order exclusive. Should have come with all pre-orders. You cannot get it now at all. I purchased the family pack that came with two expacks. In my mind they are both pre-orders. I did upgrade the standard version to Premium because I too like you thought that was the issue. Only to find out no.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

It should have been listed as not considered a pre-order before we purchased. Not told by CS after the fact. In my mind I was ripped off and cheated. If I missed it in the fine print then it would be on me and fine, I can live with that. But I never found it, And I searched and searched. but like any human I'm not perfect and can miss things.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Tangris Well-Known Member

I wonder if it had to be claimed early as well?
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

From what I remember you couldn't claim it before the expansion went live. Seem to remember that affected some people's ability to participate in Beta. I *THINK* it was to keep people from cancelling the pre-order after they had distributed the items to others.
    Jrox likes this.
  8. Spindle Well-Known Member

9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

IIRC when the expansions went to pre-order status, you were not able to buy the friends and family one until the expansion went live. They simply didn't allow the order website to work for that option. To get the companion, you had to order at least a standard edition, and then pay the difference between standard and FnF when the expansion went live to get the FnF pack.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

IIRC and per the OP, you could pre-order the F&F pack. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

@Dreamweaver

Unfortunately this only further strengthens my argument. Still looking for the verbiage where it says the Different editions would be considered different than one another.

We are going to the moon! We’ve seen it for 15 years, once shattered in the sky, now whole, and you’ll get to explore the threats to Norrath that have been growing there. Unite!
    The team is in the final stages of preparing for Beta which will start November 5th. We are shooting to unlock beta between 10 AM and 12 PM (noon) PDT.
    Pre-ordering the expansion will give you access to Beta and both will be live on the same day and also give you a pre-order familiar: a cute little Zelniak.
    This expansion will bring you a level increase from 110 to 120 for adventurers and tradeskillers with new quests for both, signature lines, and more as you explore Luclin.
    We’ve got all new solo, heroic, and raid content, including new challenge modes and contested raid fights.
    New for EverQuest II and part of this expansion is the Overseer feature. With it you can recruit and send agents to do your bidding and earn rewards!
    In addition to the usual Standard, Collector’s and Premium options, we are also experimenting with a new SKU: The Family and Friends bundle. It’s at a fairly high price point, but it’s special and an experiment based on years of requests from players who like to share their generosity, families, guildmates and others. In addition to all the items in the Standard, Collector’s and Premium items, it includes:
    • TRADABLE Blood of Luclin standard expansion
    • TRADABLE Level 110 Heroic Character Boost
    • TRADABLE Character Slot
    • TRADABLE EXP/Vitality Potion
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Mount
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Familiar
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Mercenary
    • Prismatic Scroll Case to upgrade a spell to upgrade a spell to Ancient.
    Lots of stuff!

I REALLY feel like I should get the Zelniak on both xpacks. Someone at Daybreak please set me straight. Point me to the place where this was stated before I made my pre-order purchase. PLEASE
  12. dorotea Well-Known Member

Jrox - the information your last post included makes it entirely clear that the family pack comes with only one pre-order familiar. There is no ambiguity whatever. First quote:

"Pre-ordering the expansion will give you access to Beta and both will be live on the same day and also give you a pre-order familiar: a cute little Zelniak."

Not two familiars - one familiar. This is clear and I don't think you disagree.

Second quote

"In addition to all the items in the Standard, Collector’s and Premium items, it includes:
    • TRADABLE Blood of Luclin standard expansion
    • TRADABLE Level 110 Heroic Character Boost
    • TRADABLE Character Slot
    • TRADABLE EXP/Vitality Potion
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Mount
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Familiar
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Mercenary
    • Prismatic Scroll Case to upgrade a spell to upgrade a spell to Ancient."
    These are what you get in addition to the cheaper packages. Seven things. No more and no less. None of these says "pre-order familiar" or "cute little Zelniak".

If you got every item in the premium package and these seven things you got what they promised. If you didn't get each of the seven listed extras you did not get what they promised. I just don't see any other way to read this.

I think when you see "TRADABLE Blood of Luclin standard expansion" you read this as as a second standard bundled package. Yet it isn't. It is just the expansion with nothing beyond the expansion. If it meant "TRADABLE Blood of Luclin Standard Bundle" then it would include all the items in the standard bundle including e.g. the level 110 boost. Yet the very next item in the list is "TRADABLE Level 110 Heroic Character Boost" which would be entirely redundant if the first item had included everything in the Standard package.
    Breanna and Kuulei like this.
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

Your implying... It is not written that way, but def appreciate your feedback as condescending as it was. I pre-ordered two xpacks, that is the whole point of a Friends and family pack. It cost more for the friends and fam then a PE and CE combined. I see logic in your assumption, However, from my perspective I feel cheated. I can also see why you would read it that way. I respectful disagree. I should not have to assume anything when purchasing something from someone. It should be written as "not included" or something describing the standard edition as not characterized as a pre-order.

More to the point, what in the hell is the big deal with a companion offered to pre orders ONLY and then putting it on all accounts party to the pre-order. Especially when I upgraded the standard to premium anyhow.

It is a separate Xpack ~ I can't use both on one account. They are both part of a Pre-Order. I am surprised you fail to see it from my perspective or at least fail to try and see it that way. It is not nearly as clear as you make it out to be.

On another note... There is no reason to shout.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We w
    I believe the reason we were given when we inquired about this when the pre-orders were being sold was because the tradeable standard edition and all of the other tradeable items would not even be able to be claimed until 72 hours after the launch of the expansion. We asked about the companion as well as access to the beta for the standard edition tradeable and this is what I remember being said.
    Breanna, Kuulei, Jrox and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

I don't doubt it may have been discussed in the forum. As I was returning from a break I never saw mention of it. So unfortunate for me I get to eat it. Not to mention CS wouldn't even discuss and you see how quick they are to respond to it here.

Lesson learned. Don't pay extra to support the game and think that you will get what should be included. You need to read all of the forums to find answers that should be on the box or marketing page. Got it.

Peace.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I found several but here are 3 threads, all from last year.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...g-family-friends-package.591683/#post-6578617
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-and-a-new-server.590845/page-10#post-6575530
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/bought-exp-preorder.591165/#post-6573798
    There was a lot of discussion about the Friends' and Family pack on the forums and many discussions on discord about it.
    All stating that pre-ordering that edition, did NOT give the pre-order bonus to the tradeable basic edition.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

While I agree that there was a lot of discussion at the time, I don't disagree with Jrox's point. A player, especially a new player not familiar with the forums, should be able to look at what he/she is buying and know what they are going to get. I would have assumed that pre-ordering the family and friends pack would mean that any pre-order benefits would apply to both editions included in the pack would get all pre-order benefits. As someone with many years of experience with this company, I know to ask about what I want to buy to make sure that I am going to get what I think I am buying. That's a lesson that shouldn't have to be learned by players.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am confused, I didn't realize Cyrrena was an employee of some type for DayBreak/DarkPaw.

Not that I doubt anything she says. But someone speaking on behalf of a company who is not a paid employee is not really all that credible. As trusting as I find her posts here in the threads. No doubt she got her information somewhere with a real source behind it. I just still have yet to see it. (All of your sources were her statements)

Again, If she is an employee or CS Rep of some sort, apologies I was not aware and it will help me understand more of what I am reading in the future here in the threads.
  19. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I'm confused why YOU would think Cyrrena was an employee of some type for DayBreak/DarkPaw. Nowhere is that ever claimed, stated, etc. At this point your "snark" is rapidly becoming sloppy assumptions, and you know what they say when one assumes something.

But I guess it's OK since you put an apology at the end of your comment. For someone that was looking for clarification, you've done a bang-up job of not thanking those that tried to help and responding with....

Nobody has posted here, white-knighting how DPG marketed the F&F pack and no "red-names" have responded - try saving your hostility and snark for them instead of the players that tried to help you.
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

If you did a petition and the ticket was closed by daybreak/darkpaw, there is no one else here that would be able to help you more than them except maybe @dreamweaver... I would suggest you send a dm to him directly... He is the only one other than another red named that is going to be able to help you. The only thing happening here is you trying to bring attention to something you got told no about... Whether we agree or not, we cannot control that outcome... I hope dreamweaver can help you with this... That zelnak is such a little cutie... Truly with another expansion so close to coming out, more than likely that little cutie will be replaced with another...
    Jrox and Breanna like this.