Looking for RP partner(s) interested in taking time with immersion over the "metagaming rush"

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by childofthesun32, Jun 27, 2013.

1. childofthesun32 New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a Roleplay partner on the Antonia Bayle server, probably just one, maybe two. My definition of Roleplay is not 'Improv Actor" "Make Believe" stuff but merely pretending the world and the quests are real. From what I've experienced before, I enjoy alot of /walking and taking our time. Treating the NPCs as real people and prioritising questing accordingly, by what needs done urgently versus what we've "just to be on the lookout for". I like things like taking our time exploring and discussing our next move over an Ale in one of the taverns. The most important thing is NO RUSHING. I'd happily spend 3 hours on a 30 minute quest. I like just immersing myself in the scenery, atmosphere and story. I despise rushing around, though there are times when hurrying makes RP sense. If anyone is interested in joining me, please let me know, as I want to get back into EQ2 but the standard pace of the "Metagamers Living An Alternate Virtual Life" is getting me down and spoiling my fun. I'd ideally like to start from level 1 as adventurers arriving in the lands and I'd also like to disable Combat Exp most of the time and get our exp from questing and storyline experience.
    Seefar likes this.
  2. Somnia Excitatur New Member

I do this all the time ... and often wonder how many think me crazy when I walk around and talk to npc's .. or simply grumble when I get frustrated when I find a shiny I already have ... of course, doing that on non RP servers (currently Oasis) is not helping my case ;)
  3. childofthesun32 New Member

Let's start from level 1 on Antonia Bayle the RP server then. My friend is well versed in the lore and recommend important storyline quests for us.
  4. Somnia Excitatur New Member

Sounds very nice, but I am not regularly on anymore ... sort of coming back .. you and your friend would be annoyed waiting for me to be online ... would've loved the opertunity a few years ago when I was online daily though :) . I do hope you find what your looking for ... oh .. and besides .. *whispers* I am an 'old' guy .. I don't want to get arrested or beaten up by parents (or angry boyfriends):p when I trow in a flirt or a dance
  5. Qwynn New Member

While the thread is a few weeks old, I was wondering if you were still around and still looking for interested parties? I'm essentially looking for the exact same thing as a returning veteran from the days of the Shattered Lands, and have rolled a new character on AB strictly for the purpose of experiencing the content I remember (and don't!) as well as new things in a casual, immersive fashion.

While I'm already level 20 on that character (which isn't that high), I have all my experience going in AA at the moment as to not outlevel the content I'm doing (because I'm doing most of it, and have already finished New Halas and most of Antonica outside of Stormhold, which I would love to RP through and get lost in).

If you're still looking, please feel free to respond or look me up under Rafaist -- There will be plenty of time if you're interested in catching up, as I'm about to go on vacation for ten days. If not, I could also roll another character and join you with them, but I would very much prefer to play the one I've mentioned.

Anyways, thank you for your time!
  6. childofthesun32 New Member

Hi, Qwynn. I'm up for joining you. I have a level 90 cleric called Casavar on the AB server, so add me there and I'll add your "Rafaist" character. I'm a guy by the way. I'm not sure what Somnia was on about, do I type like a woman or something? If that's not a problem, then I'll see you in game some time. I can either mentor down to you, or roll a new character and hurry through the content, with another character of your's until you want to switch back to Rafaist.
  7. oldskool Active Member

One suggestion is to create your own worldwide chat channel. You can set up a password and make it invite only if you want. I'm not sure the other WW RP channels are still active. I wasn't a fan of them for much of the reasons that OP mentioned. Too much narrative chat (Oldskool stumbles into the bar. The look of anguish sits on his face like a big girl on a small bike.)

I too am looking for an environment less focused on 'acting' and more focused on keeping in game chat related to EQ2.
  8. childofthesun32 New Member

oldskool, are you on the AB server? If you are, you should join Rafaist and I. If you are level 95 then it perhaps won't work out all that well though. The mentoring system in EQ2 is pathetic. I get by because I'm a cleric... It just means I can heal better than I should be able to.... But the fights are still interesting since everything isn't being "one-shot killed", which I really don't enjoy.
  9. Trizzd New Member

I have a level 11 Conjuror Kitten I would be glad to run to 20 to meet up with you guys if you want to, Child and Qwynn. I am liking the Conjuror and have a RP backstory setup.
  10. Tarnorili Member

IC:
    I've seen that Kerran longshanks (Rafaist) lurking about from time to time, mainly in South Qeynos around the Maile. Only Brell knows why'd she'd serve someone on their pony INSIDE her store! But that's another matter entirely, heh. I've even brought one or two items of him actually, but that's also by the by.

Write my name down in your little note book and feel free to holler at me if you ever want some company, I'm around 30 in skill-level at the moment, but in no way have the best equipment etc etc. I like the idea of actually having defeat a possibility when in battle; makes it all the more exciting! My roles is that I'm stubborn and like to get hit so others don't.

Oh and one other thing though, I don't go in for that linguistic 'OOCly' chat. Never bothered to learn that cryptic language myself, so if you lot are the type of adventurers that tend to do a lot of that sort of chatter, well perhaps I'm not best suited. But anyways, here's hoping I'll hear from you.
  11. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

Fandral The'Dashing at your service *bows* would you be intrigued to join me in a sparring match against Trolls?
  12. Nkrumah New Member

Id be up to join up, I just recently returned and am Roleplaying through as well.
    Let me know how I can join up, am I too late?
  13. Tarnorili Member

I've not heard a whisper either, Nkurumah, but you're welcome to give me a holler whenever I'm out and about, or send a mail to me, and see how things eventuate from there if you like.
  14. Qwynn New Member

I actually forgot about this thread, so my apologies. I'll see if I can find you in-game there, Tarnoril and others. :3
  15. Seefar Well-Known Member

Lonewolf guild, Guk server (originally Nektulos) rule #1: No rush.

Just saying, in case it's of interest.

Good hunting!
  16. Oodezza New Member

I see this post is rather old. But hopefully all that are interested in the topic will see my post. I'd like to try RP again. My last effort didn't go all that well. Interestingly enough my attempt was along these lines. My main is 95, but I do have an idea as to how it could work. I also have an 86 Templar and 89 Ranger that I could chronomage down. Finally, I got gifted a fully stocked guild early last year that could be useful. The story of the guild and "Lonely Hall" as I call it can wait for now, I'm just throwing it out there. You can email Oodeza in game anytime. Thanks
  17. Aranedhel Member

I would like to throw my hat in the ring on this one, sounds like a plan I could get behind, as I have always preferred seeing the storylines thru to completion rather than just grabbing loot and running off (I can do that quick enough solo). Look for me in and around Norrath!