Looking for ideas for a wood working area

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Menaan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Menaan New Member

Hey guys. I've been working on decorating my guild's guild hall and it's almost finished. Working on crafting areas right now and have two rooms left to do. I've got a good idea of what I'm doing in one of them as a kitchen area, but the other I'm having some problems with. The woodworking bench, and tailoring station is going to be in this room. The room specifically is the tier 2 qeynos hall, bottom area, north most room (the biggest one down there). All the other areas of the guild hall have been designed to reshape the guild hall and hide the actual appearance of the guild hall and I'd like to continue that here.

Originally I thought about doing a barn type area with the sewing machine in the loft area and wood working bench downstairs, but I'm just not really sure I like the looks of the woods available for it. plain briarwood seems the best for it, but just not sure if I'm crazy about it. Was hoping maybe some others had done something similar or even completely different that they think might work good in that room for these two crafting stations.

Would really like to see some stuff that I might can pull ideas from so if you got screenshots that would be a big bonus!

Thanks for any suggestions!
  2. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

If you are going to build a woodworking table and 'hide' the actual table in the floor I would suggest using some of the following:

Maple stairs/railings
    hay tile and/or a small pile of hay beneath the table sort of offset for effect
    a broken bench
    Wheel barrow filled with various shapes of wood tilted/stacked inside
    railings/columns leaned against the wall

Unfortunately i have no screenshot provided, no one should see the pictures or ideas running around in my head.. it might be illegal in some countries.