Looking for help to increase damage

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Remorax-TT, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Remorax-TT Guest

So tonight at raid we took down Gynok for the first time. Being an AOE fight I should parse fairly well, but I know I have seen parses on this fight higher than mine. Here some info on the fight
    Group setup: Swash, Pally, Coercer, Dirge, Templar, Mystic (I think mystic was 2nd healer)
    Buffs: DPS buff from coercer, no BC
    Link to my gear: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=137412108 (had 5MC neck on instead of choker)
    Raid wide DPS: 103k
    My DPS: 9.7k
    [IMG]
    Any input anyone could give me would be a big help.
  2. ARCHIVED-graewulf Guest

I'm guessing you're a swashy? I don't know much about the Swashy tree, but don't you use poison? I don't see any on that parse.
  3. ARCHIVED-Remorax-TT Guest

Because of the power drain from the fight, I was running mental breach
  4. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Your really not doing too bad considering your group makeup and gear situation, you did almost 10% of the raid wide. Keep in mind its an AoE fight for the first part but once his 4 buddies are down you have a good chunk of time where your parse will drop because its single target again.
    Not using a damage poison really hurts on this fight, if you have power issues get the Runnyeye collection power proc earring/ring. If you still have issues try and get a hold of some Di`Zok mental breach, its a power tap but does physical damage to the target.
    Tell the dirge to give you BC next time as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-Remorax-TT Guest

Besides different poison and telling the dirge to not be stingy with BC, any other suggestions (gear ect). Keep in mind I am not in an avatar guild and have not cleared all TSO zones.
  6. ARCHIVED-Remorax-TT Guest

Round Two's Results
    Group: Same as before
    Buffs: Coercer DPS, BC
    Raid DPS: 97.7k
    My DPS: 9.6k
    [IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

Muleras@Butcherblock wrote:
    One trick you can use on fights where you anticipate needing mental breach is apply caustic poison, then set mental breach to autoconsume before you start fighting. This will at least start you off with damage poison. If it comes to a point where you need mental breach you can right click cancel your damage poison in the buff bar.
  8. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

SageGaspar wrote:
    Nice trick. I plan on trying this next time.
  9. ARCHIVED-stondgoat Guest

edited because of stupidity :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

I use the \aITEM 882402147 -890143115:Rilissian Vital Strike\/a on the power hungry fights. Procs health and power tap.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rippitt Guest

I parse 20k+ on Gynok but then again my raid gets pretty close to 250k dps. You're doing fine.

[IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Rippitt Guest

Muleras@Butcherblock wrote:
    The player profile you linked has Chainlinks of Hatred ?

edit: nm.. thread necromancy
  13. ARCHIVED-Remorax-TT Guest

The gear from that profile link isnt what i was wearing when I posted the first two.
    Here is the parse from last night:
    Buffs: Inquis, Dirge (with BC)
    My DPS: 13.2k
    Raid DPS: 176.5k
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Valkyriur Guest

there you found a nice increase with caustic poison. and of course, BC helps. Caustic usually does 750-875 dps on this fight, and total raid dps will affect your dps quite a bit. 100k raid dps vrs 200k raid dps will change your parses by several k.