Looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sucuri, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Sucuri Active Member

Right now I have a 21 beastlord (started over on a new server - AB).
    I was thinking of trying out a duo, maybe trio, at most 4 box.
    So far I was thinking shadowknight, warden, beastlord, dirge or coercer

What other party of 4 would be the best set up, I like having multiple things going at once.
    Like maybe a guardian, defiler, necromancer, troubador or illusionist

What duos work out really well? (just in case I cant handle 4 boxxing lol)
    What trios? (ideal number I think)
    What quads? (if I can handle it)

I haven't really played much in a good 5 years, so not sure what works really well anymore.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Duo: Tank or DPS plus a healer

Larger groups depends on the overall leaning of the group. If you are mostly melee, then you want a dirge and/or coercer. If you are mage-heavy then you ideally want some combo of fury, illusionist, and troub.
    Sucuri likes this.
  3. Sucuri Active Member

Can I get away with using healing mercs and skip on a healer too? If I just do a duo, like shadowknight + my beastlord say
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It depends. If you will be doing heroic content, you need a tank that can Bulwark and a healer that can Cure Curse.
    Sucuri likes this.
  5. Sucuri Active Member

ok, thanks!
    Feara likes this.
  6. docdante Member

Mercs wont help u doing heroics or harder content, they die fast and their dps will be very low...solo works but they never will be as useful as a "real" toon...
    there are a lot of old discussions what are the best settings for multiboxers...and there is no best settings...
    some dudes even duo challenge heroics...
    As Sigrdrifa wrote, you will need a tank for bulwark, a solid tank, a guardian or a zerker (but others will work also....)
    you will need a healer, zerker+inqui go fine together, guardian and templar will be harder 2 kill but maybe do less dps...and so on...
    you will need a dps, pet classes are easy to play, send pet, some spells thats all, and the pet can tank if your tank dies and so on...other dps will make more damage but are harder to manage and a mana dealer...
    but it is all about your personal preferences and what u know to play
    but in general there are 2 ways most people go...
    the melee group and the caster group (mostly because moving and positioning 6 toons can be tricky...)
    play what u like, try different classes...
    Sucuri likes this.