Looking for a family guild...for like....familes...;-)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Odium, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Odium New Member

Hello all - Looking for AB guild.

My wife and I started playing in 2005 or so and were very active until about 2011. In the years since, I've jumped on only briefly. I was at one time a guild leader, passed the torch when I left the game, and now that we're back, our guild (level 125) is still up and running, with a guild hall full of amenities and everything you could want.....except people. We are considering joining a new guild, but there is a twist - the main reason we came back is because our kids (9 and 12) have taken an interest, and through helping them, rekindled our own interest. That means that in addition to a casual guild that's not focused on requirements and end-game, we're looking for:

- A guild that is ok with kids. They are generally good kiddos, but still kids. They may, for example, make you 80 pies that are of little actual value, but think its great and 100% helpful. In groups, they sometimes do random things, like our youngest will pull every wasp in Enchanted Lands because she quote "hates bees".

- A guild that understands real life comes first and that we're done with the "get the best gear possible and max your character" routine. Most often we're running around mentored anyway. Doesn't mean we can't or wont play our levels, but we never were really raiders (though I did do well on the parse when I bothered with that, lol)

- We don't want to have to use voice chat. We won't let the kids do it anyway. So text chat, like the old days.

- Speaking of chat. Our kids are not little sheltered eggs or anything, but we don't want to join a guild where adult themes and language are common. Once in a while is fine, they know what words not to repeat, but we don't want them surrounded by adult language.

So that's about it really. Not sure if there's a fit, but thought I'd see. The adult levels are somewhere in the mid 80's and the kids are around 30.

Thanks.
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  2. Odium New Member

Oh - and we were always on Antonia Bale server. We enjoy RP, but do not generally live the entire game in character, depends on who else is RP at the time.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Elkana Active Member

I don't have any leads for you, but hope you guys find something. I like what y'all are doing there.
    Soara2 and Odium like this.
  4. Odium New Member

Yea, it might be a hard thing to find. Our old guild would have been perfect, but none of the members play anymore, more than one have actually passed since then, shame, was a good group of fun people.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Look into Lava Forged and Keepers of Lore.
  6. Odium New Member

Thank you - I'll look them up and do some reading.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Mordacaii New Member

I would love to have y'all in my guild, if you were on HoF server. I started my guild back in 2005. Missing people. lol