Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Can we see pictures since they are not the bipedal type?
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yes, please!! Furbaby pics, ttobey!!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*Begins the Chronoportal and Brewday Parada Version 1, the first float is a fog enshroud mystery you can see some portal type objects and just barely make out some observers, SNAP, someone was either sucked into the portal or went in voluntarily, the world shall never know, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop. Next in line we have a gnome brigade of propaganda and confetti launchers marching behind the Chronoportal float, they were the only ones willing to be so close. Oooooohhh lookie lookie, we have our first Ttobey Effigy, it is Ttobey, in the Chronoweave, getting ready to step into the Nagafen Portal, he is so brave, going by himself!!! Next we have a gnomish fireworks and explosions brigade, they ride on a bare float, no decoration to speak of because they will inevitably light it on fire. GAH!!!! One of the gnomes shouts "FIRE IN THE HOLE", hopefully our Parada watchers know to hit the deck....*
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I was tippy toeing, so he couldn't hear me ;)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

No wonder with those antenna shaped ears :p
    The more likely reason is that running around implies not being caged in the kitchen and thus that door being open which is proberbly the wifi effect you're noticing :p
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Tiny dogs. Am I the only one that likes the big dogs? Although all my babies have passed on now, my last 4 were most memorable.

Shasta - Giant Samoyed - AKC Registered - 165 lbs - 22 inches from floor to shoulder blade

Orion (Baby O) - Black Chow - AKC Registered - 80 lbs - 15 inches from floor to shoulder blade - blue/purple tongue - standard chow

Elwood Blues - Giant Black Chow - AKC Registered - 225 lbs - 26 inches from floor to shoulder blade - blue tongue - 1 of less than 1200 verified in US

Joliet Jake Blues - Giant Black Chow - AKC Registered - 268 lbs - 29 inches from floor to shoulder blade - blue tongue - 1 of less than 1200 verified in US

Jake was a big old lap dog, he loved to sit on laps, especially that of my younger girl, who now at 33 years old is 4 foot 10 inches tall and 80 pounds. Jake and Elwood were litter mates and I could not bring myself to take one and not the other so I bought both and my vet could not believe they were chows so he paid for a DNA test to verify that they were indeed chows. He had never seen a Giant Chow except in pictures. Jake also loved Strawberry Ice Cream. But only Dryers Strawberry Ice Cream with Real Strawberries. We tested him quite a few times. We put out about 10 bowls of ice cream of various flavors, including like 4 different types of strawberry and the only one he would eat was the Dryers Strawberry Ice Cream with Real Strawberries. He wouldn't even touch any of the others and if he wouldn't touch them, Elwood would not touch them either. And never let anybody tell you that domesticated tamed dogs do not have pack mentality. Over the course of 15 years, I watched these chows work together as a team, to either surround and isolate someone that they did not trust, or to silently move around our 1 acre yard to keep people moving on the other side of the fence from knowing they were there, until they wanted them to know they were there.

Orion was just a standard chow with an odd attachment to stuffed giraffes. If you left the house for any significant amount of time you had to bring him a stuffed giraffe or he would eat something, a pillow, a sofa leg, a chair. And it had to be a new giraffe, you could not smuggle one out and bring it back in and give it to him, he knew how many he had. By the time he died, he had 2 laundry baskets containing 278 giraffes. He used to count them, he would dump them all out of the baskets and then put them back one by one. One time my girls and I made him just insane, we dumped all his giraffes onto the couch and we were sitting there giving them all different hairdos, my mum came home from work at midnight and Orion was howling, she wanted to know what we were doing to the dog, she said she could hear him down the road. We told her we were just giving the giraffes new hairdos. She made us stop and then sat down and started undoing all their hairdos and handing them back to Orion who would look them over before putting them back into his baskets.

I miss my big boys. This is the first time in my life I have not had at least 1 dog. I am looking at getting a Giant Continental Rabbit. They grow in excess of 40 pounds and more than 3 feet long. There is a woman about 150 miles from here that breeds one litter of them a year, then house and leash trains them.
    Rhodris, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

O heck no the bigger the better one of the reasons we picked Leonberger the girls should reach 130 lbs the boys 150 lbs. Our girl isn't even a year old yet and she tips the scales at 100, the say she will grow for another year. We really wanted a boy but we were impatient and didn't want to wait LOL

We thought about getting a Caucasion (sp) but we needed an good tempered dog because they go to work with us everyday and greet the customers.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

O yea plus I had to have a breed that didn't drool all over the place, I know I'd hate that for sure, spending hours cleaning up dog slobber is not for me NOPE!

10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok so I just had to go and google Giant Black Chow LOL Hard to find a little most are the normal chow chow's. But beautiful, they look like Giant Black Bears almost.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The almost look like the New Foundland, but they have what my girls call the "flop", which is the mane around their necks. Its just a bunch of flesh which protects their vitals when they are fighting, since they are bred to protect the Emperor. The "flop" also has musk glands and you will see them rubbing all over things, its how they mark territory, we cannot smell it, but other dogs can, its better than them urinating on things. The hair on the giants is also silkier and softer than the hair on the standards. You can tell when they are shedding one layer because it will turn red and you can just pluck the red bits out and throw them away. They typically have 2 full coats at any given time and a 3rd that is shedding out. They are very lovable, but they are protective of their families and homes. They are easily trainable. They are much more manageable than the standard chows, you can trust the giants more than the standards, the giants will work as a team, but one person in your home will be the alpha and they will follow the directives of that person first.

All this talk of Chows has me wanting to find another. The Spousal Unit wants a Yorkie. Go figure.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The downside to big breeds is that they generally don't have long lifespans (around 8 years for a Great Dane). I'm definitely a dog person (tolerate cats, but would choose a dog over a cat every time). My last dog was a long-haired dachshund, who thought he was a great dane! He's been gone 13 years now, and while I miss having a dog (and miss him terribly), the nature of my life for the foreseeable future means it would be unfair to get one (or even two) at the moment. So I like to live vicariously through other people's furbabies :)
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea we lost ours too about 2 years ago and decided to get another SIGH PUPPIES!!!!!!!! I swore never again. The Leo's are pretty smart too and they learn quickly so it wasn't too bad. The only thing we can't get her to quit doing now is jumping on people, she loves everyone and when a 100+ lb dog jumps on you you know you've been jumped on.
  14. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

HMMM [IMG]
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What the heck is going on here! What happened to my forum?!
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

210 I think.
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I grew up with big dogs, my wife wanted Frenchies. Our last two were two of the greatest dogs ever and I will never go back. They both had health issues that come with the breed and died within 2 months of each other but made it to eleven. Our current two are a mix of Frenchie and Boston, hopefully the worst of both breeds is bred out, that's what we are hoping at least and so far so good. Harry's three and Phoebe is two and a half. Harry has the personality of a dire wolf rolled into 32 pounds. He thinks he is way bigger than he is.
    Rosyposy, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had great luck with all of mine except one.

Joliet Jake lived 16 years, Orion lived 14 years, Shasta (Giant Samoyed) lived 15 years, Elwood lived 2 years, he was shot with a poison blow dart by the nasty Tongan teenagers that lived next door, died within 5 minutes. Jakes began running full tilt at the block wall and ramming his head into it like a goat. I took him to the vet, the vet said a new chow or a helmet. I got him a new chow as he would have looked stupid in a helmet. That is how I got Orion. The vet said he needed someone to transfer his feelings to as he would never stop ramming the wall until he killed himself or got to the people that killed his brother. And he was really close to 2 years old which is when his male hormones would come in and he would not accept another chow at that point. I also had a tremendously huge Black Labrador Retriever that was the runt of his litter. He ended up at 225 pounds, 22 inches from floor to shoulder, and lived 20 years, he died the day my youngest daughter was born.

AHA!!!!! After the BROOM MOUNT, the Cube Mount, the Snail Mount, the Tentacled Thing Mount, and the Goose Mount, we can have a Giant Chow Mount, a Bulldog Mount, a Leonberger Mount. The possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.