Look and Feel of EverQuest Next

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Cynergy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Cube Active Member

I would have less problem with the cartoon style if the Kerra and animal races body shapes was not so strange and out of wack and more realistic. I do not plain on using the human races at all so....

Ratonga and animal races that looked like that redwall cartoon I would be fine with....That cartoon always looked like a cartoon everquest to me. But ya I was hoping for a better looking everquest 2 look.

something like this....At least I hope that is what we get...

[IMG]
    Opal, Alenna and Vlahkmaak like this.
  2. seneth Active Member

I viewed the new videos of EQ Next and to say the least ( and I sincerely hope a Dev is reading these forums) the realistic eq2 characters have been lost somewhere along the way to EQ next. This in my opinion is the one of the best things about
    EQ2, it brought me into the game and when I tired of questing in EQ2 and left, it brought me back from <gasp> WOW. The silly way the lion character pounds the ground and makes dirt fly looks like he missed hitting the mob. Oh, no, its so childish looking, my reservations are many. I will try it hopefully on BETA and see if it is truly better than I see now. Please let it be better. Character realisim pulls me to play as I see it does for others above and in other posts. DEV"S take note,,More realism!! Please!
  3. Cube Active Member

Why don't they have a message board system on the everquest next site anyway? everybody is doing it here and on everquest 1

OR an everquest next section of the boards.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

There is a forum there, the same one that is here. They just have the ability to create a topic disabled, carebared all in a pretty package where you can only tell them what they want to hear, looks like all the pressing issues are well covered. :eek:

To what degree should players be able to change the appearance of armor?
    Should the Ratonga be in EverQuest Next?
    How complex should the Landmark design tools be?
    Should female dwarves have beards or not?
  5. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Phew, glad those topics are behind us because I will really be able to sleep well at night now!!
  6. Cube Active Member

Ratonga not being in the game is my number 1 issue with it right now...Yes really.

I also want a cheese building block in the game so I can make a castle and junk out of cheese.

If both of these make it in the game I would have almost no other issues with it.
  7. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

More realistic and less cartoonish character models please. Dont make it feel like a disney game
  8. Aristotle New Member

My guess is that ratongas will be one of those playable races you have to pay around $20 bucks for to unlock in the cash shop.

The races they have put out there are probably just the F2P starting races.

As to cartoonish style, I do have to admit that the sight of the Kerra had me walking around singing, "I just can't wait to be King!". That, and I couldn't help but notice the Kerra's Barbie waistline, and steroid build arm structure. Good to see SOE step up to the plate and promote steroid use.
  9. grokk New Member

As a new eq2 player and a fan of eq1...no cartoons please. Also, 8 button hotbar, 8 buttons on a console controller...coincidence? I think not.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

I really wish they would embrace the 10 ability format. It's much more open for player customization and also divergent enough from existing systems to possibly dispel comparisons.

Thank god only 4 abilities are tied to your weapon. That was the biggest mistake GW2 ever made.
  11. DoomBlackDragon New Member

I have to agree the new Kerra look horrible. I feel like I am playing a Disney cartoon. Where they have replaced Goofy with the Kerra, I would love to see a picture of Goofy standing next to a Kerra.

What is with the character art style? It like they saw how much people enjoyed Bioshock Infinite story and went with that graphic approach. I am sorry but I liked the real looking concept art for the character. Over the game Disney looking characters.
  12. ortawort New Member

If EQN looked like bioshock infinite, I doubt anyone would complain. You need to take a long, hard look at both games. One of them looks great. (hint, it's not EQN)
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

are you saying bioshock had Bad graphics? cause I think they looked pretty darn good :p
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

ooh I"d make all ratongas if they made them like that and kept the kerra as is.
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Um. the images I have seen of the 'girl' that opens gateways in Bioshock infinite looks virtually identical in art style to EQNext. So why do you think Bioshock is better?
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

If they had rolled out this game under a separate title with nothing to do with EQ, I think that there would have been far less outrage. In fact, I doubt there would have been any anger under that scenario. But trying to ride the coattails of Everquest?

Forgelight is capable of so much better.
  17. Vlahkmaak Active Member

EQN Round Table could seriously use some REAL updates much more periodically - not enough new information out on the game and/or Landmark for that matter.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

Well one possibility is that what they did at SOE live was one of the best trolls ever and we'll see it for real soon... Of course I know it really isn't even a possibility but I just can't help thinking man I hope this isn't really it....
    Beytill likes this.
  19. Militant-Zanshin New Member

Agree on the graphics. Worried here as well!

As for the lower skill slots. Like that Just makes skill a bit more needed. Not just click repeat
  20. Fountain Of Stone New Member

I'm not liking the Armor and Asian inspired...over-sized weapon models at all! Did they just copy someone else's code and dump it in? Also, when you're talking up a feature like Landmark to get people interested in your game...I become concerned about content. For those who don't know Landmark is an in-game tool to be able to create landmarks and plant your own personal flag near it. I'm really getting tired of this solo, single player mini-game crap. Solo, Molo, no contest and all gear by just doing it really bums me out. I gotta get nickled and dimed to get the full game content? Didn't I just spend $60 on the game? A $15 a month sub is $0.50 a day to play. I don't know about you but I like that model. I get all content for $0.50/day and Don't have to spend a penny more. I've known people to buy lots of stuff upwords of $100s of dollars in a month. For most P2P games, if you buy a year its ~ $144 or less. Add in the $60 to buy the game and your around $200 for a years worth of entertainment which you can enjoy as much or as little as you want and play your way.

I'm content with older games in the F2P model that give the software for free (Um, EQ2 anyone? *snickers) Vs. getting bent over a cash shop counter, my pants pulled down and money extracted from my butt on a regular basis just to compete.

I am likely to check out TESO when it is released and then if I don't like it, come back to EQ2. EQN...I'll wait for people to buy it and find out if they like it or not before buying it myself.