LoN... New set Unattune Items

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-NytewolfDarkassassin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

No Thanks, LoN Only please.
    Keep the Prestige items in LoN.
    I enjoy being unique and not passing everyone with the same SC Armor.
    thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

This item is going to be so rare that it will not affect anything, even if it was widespread it would still affect no ones gameplay in the least unless you cannot get the item and are just a jealous person
  3. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    qft
    And I can garuntee you it won't be unlimited use. It will most likely be like the Norrathian Fun Disk. You can make 3 of them, and after you use it's gone.
    Not gamechanging, just enough to make you envious of those who have it which is what LoN Is about.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

HaCkHaCkER wrote:
    Methinks you should play the game a bit more before you take a stance in defending it. See how successful you are at obtaining this card from 'playing the game'.
    I know if I want it, realistically I shell out significant cash, or I trade a few thousand plat in game for someone else's cash.
    The item isn't personally worth that much to me, however if I had a retired raid main with some of the drops that no longer exist in game, the temptation to throw piles of cash at this to be able to move the piece to my new main would be very high.
    I would have far fewer objections to this item if it was a fixed price item. Cause the individuals this is valueable to, it is truely very valueable. As I said before, the choice to make it LoN vs SC is simply unmittigated greed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Phenilius@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The hell it's not gamechanging. Rare or not.
  6. ARCHIVED-Skywarrior Guest

Either the Attunable tag is necessary to the game or it isn't. If it isn't necessary then it needs to be eliminated for everyone. If it is necessary then no one should get an exemption card to play.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Game breaking? Oh what a bunch of BS.

EverQuest 1 had plenty of items that people used then sold on the broker or handed to a friend or whatever. It did not break the game nor did it make the item any less wanted.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    That was controlled by the majority of loot from EQ1 coming from rare contested named mobs. It's also not very true nowadays, as EQ1 has attuneable tradeable gear now as well, and has for years (since Omens of War i believe?).
    Also the majority of loot in EQ1 that was tradeable was vastly inferior to NO-TRADE stuff.
  9. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    How does someone giving an item from his illy to his wiz change your game?

Stop being so jealous
  10. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    This was after Sony took over. Nothing was Attuneable until Verant sold out.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    It completely trivializes the need to acquire that item more than once if he wants to use it on multiple characters. That's what the whole point of Attune is for.

Why do you insist on calling people jealous? OK, maybe I am jealous of people that can afford to spend a fortune on RMT. I'm not a millionaire, or even remotely close to it. After all, that's what this LoN loot card is: RMT. And not a minor fluff RMT, but a major game-altering RMT item. That sort of thing shouldn't even exist on standard EQ2 servers, and should be on the hellhole that is EQ2X.
    The worst part about it is that this will further strengthen 3rd party RMT: SOE get's their cut from people buying up LoN boosters, and then the person can sell that loot card for a profit. And don't kid yourself, there will be people that spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for this loot card.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Personally I don't want the item in LoN. It should be available to all players in game. The Heirloom tag keeps the loot from being sold on most items. This just allows you to pass gear from one alt to another. Who cares if I take gear from one toon and give it to another? The item is just being used on a different class.
  13. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Phenilius@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    LoN is about making people envious? Strange...I thought it was just supposed to be a card game for people to have a good time that extended between games and didn't actually have a real effect within the games themselves. Oh, nvm, that slippery slope gave way years ago...
    +1 to ending the mudslide at some point in the near future. This is not an acceptable "bonus" for a LoN card.
  14. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    And look back at the value of the manastone. As it was removed from droping in game, and how much that increased its tradeable worth. So much so that the item had to later be nerfed so that it only worked in a few zones.
    I suspect there are quite a few people that have loot that also no longer drops or is rediculously rare rotting on retired alts that dumping several hundred bucks in lon cards to move it to their new main will be a mighty tempting option.
  15. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    You realize Sony fully purchased Verant in June 2000 right? That was before even Scars of Velious came out.
  16. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    And that the pretty much the exact same people where working on it after SOE's purchase. Brad went on to EQ2's development but the Live team was basically all original vets and many of them are still in San Diego today.
  17. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah Manastone, original Jboots, Guise of the Deceiver.
    I'm for a free market. I don't want any restrictions on what I can buy, sell or trade in any form. I don't care how rare it is or what mob drops it or whatever. Everything should be tradeable all the time.
  18. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    So why aren't you on the Bazaar?
  19. ARCHIVED-Skywarrior Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    That isn't really the point or the issue, IMO. If the game mechanic is truly not game-affecting (unnecessary) then get rid of it for everyone. The mechanic itself certainly affects everyone equally at this time. After this change, it will not. This is not a fluff change nor insignificant. Whether you want to get rid of the tags or not, this change is unsupportable since it invalidates the whole reason behind a game mechanic. No one arguing at this point has a reason for "jealousy" since noone actually has the item. If you believe the Attunable tag is necessary then you should see that this item will be bad for the game. If you believe the Attunable tag is unnecessary then you SHOULD see that this item will not be a good thing because it makes it less likely that the devs will get rid of the tag altogether. Either way, this item is bad for the game.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

PlaneCrazy wrote:
    Was Velious developed with Sony in charge? Or after? Doesn't change the fact that nothing in Velious or beforehand had the Attuneable tag. No Trade, yes. Attuneable, no.