Loincloth? of imtercepticle beauty

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by xephier, Nov 21, 2012.

1. xephier Active Member

Since there actually IS a loincloth model in the game now, could the Loincloth of imperceptible beauty be made to look like an actual loincloth?(instead of fugly burlap sack pants)
  2. Merodos New Member

It's invisible so it only shows your underwear...which is a fugly burlap sack pants. Back in the beginning (of EQ2), you originally started as a recently rescued castaway on a boat in the middle of the sea en`route to the Isle of Refuge with absolutely no armor and no class chosen. They needed you in some kind of clothing rather than walking around in your underwear so instead opted for making the default unarmored appearance into castaway clothes...most likely.

...Of course back then, even the unarmored male characters had shirts (fugly burlap shirts), but at least you could choose the color of the fugliness back then. :(
  3. Sucuri Active Member

Give them time, they will add loin cloths / small clothes to SC I am sure....
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I wish now that we don't start out as bedraggled seafarers wasted on unknown shores that the base clothing represent a profession or walk of life. I think it would really enhance RP if the Imperceptible Beauty worked that way. Many i know use the Imp-B set to hide their armor or go shirtless as men. Speaking of why do Female Iksar/Sarnak need shirts? They don't have breasts to hide or even textures indicating nipples or other anatomy that would require hiding for decency. Pants I understand no one wants to see a lizardgirl down there but lizardmen but really the option would seem more fitting to me unless both lizard races have adopted the human mindset of decency.

I am a bit more open minded about this sort of thing though so maybe its a step too far for some.
  5. SteelPiston Active Member

I think somebody just wanted to streak around Norrath and is annoyed because he can't get his fugly burlap sack under pants to disappear. :)
  6. xephier Active Member

Actually I can, there's a couple different methods for it(though I won't mention here because I'm not sure if it was purposeful on SOE's part or something more likely to be "fixed"). Fact is I just want to see a "loincloth" actually look like a loincloth. And they've done away with the island and most of the "rescued castaway" lore with it, how in the heck am I a castaway when I start in neriak?? do away with those pants already.
    On a side note, none of the characters have any anatomy cept the humanoid females breasts, and humanoid characters have underwear.
  7. Sucuri Active Member

8. xephier Active Member

ya I know, as I said though, trying not to publicize it, would prefer it not be "fixed" as SOE tends to race to "fix" fun stuff a lot faster than the stuff that's actually complained about. Just want a loincloth look on the "loincloth" could I posibly get a reply from SOE on this or would it cause too much havok what with it being such an obviously taboo topic >,>
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

I already voiced my preference that I think it's dumb the lizardgirls are restricted when they have nothing to hide on their chests and I frankly think it would look great for brawlers epscailly because to me the Iksar-girls look far cooler than the males. Then again maybe as I have said that is too far for some people.

Though it's win for people to be running around looking like Saxton Hale (for any TF2 players here).