Logging on test

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Finora, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Has anyone else had any issues getting on test today?
    The game keeps crashing on me shortly after I hit play on the launcher.
    Just trying to figure out if it is the server or me =)

*never mind apparently installing direct x once time today wasn't enough. Test wanted me to install it again.*
  2. ARCHIVED-Uwkete-of-Crushbone Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Did that work for you? I, too, am having the devil's own time trying to get in. For awhile, I was worried that there wouldn't be a Test Server any more, and I have 9 characters native to that server. :-/
    Uwk
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

It did work for me. I've had no more issues with test.
    I did have some issues with launchpad again(couldn't get in game at all) right before Beta when they did some upgrades to the launchpad & apparently something in mine got corrupted. For that deleting the Launchpad.libs & running the launchpad again fixed it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Uwkete-of-Crushbone Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Hmm...tried that, still got the Microsoft Windows notice going, "OMG!!! OMG!1!! You did something I don't like and I hate you! I'm leaving and taking EQ2 with me, 'cause it's nasty and I don't like it!" "Er, are you going to tell me what, exactly, you don't like?" "NO! 'Cause I hate you all and you're meanies and you don't need to know!" Great, thanks. Love Windows, really I do (actually, it did give me a file title of something it was saving in Temp, log-wise, but when I went looking for it to send it along here, it wasn't where they said it was; didn't exist at all after the Reporting was finished).
    Specifically: I'd go through Login and get all the way to the "PLAYING" button, the screen would go blank/dark, like always, but before the splash page could come up, I'd get the "Microsoft Windows has encountered a problem with EQ2 and needs to close," or something to that effect.
    Gonna try again and see what happens; had a weird old link in the Properties of my shortcut for EQ2. Wish me luck. :-/
    EDIT: nope, didn't work. Gonna see if I can shake some help out of a tech. :-/
    EDIT: Eureka ("The bath water is too hot!")! Finally found where my system was hiding at least one form of crash log. Will now be showing it to techs; wish me luck. ;->
    Uwk