Lockouts on Relic dropping zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Miroh69, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

lol I feel no pity.
  2. ARCHIVED-Khurghan Guest

There is really no need for relic for non-raiders in EQ2. There is even less for non-raiders to *progress towards* than there is for raiders (and there is not really much of that either). My suggestion if you want end-game non-raid content/progression is quit - cancel your account.

Sorry but there is no place really in EQ2 (at the end-game at least) for non-raiders. Ironically there is far more content in Everquest Live for non-raiders. Check out all the stuff in the EQLive's Dragon's and the Depth's expansions - you will find loads of non-raid content decent quested and player-made gear. Maybe if enough people do cancel their accounts then Sony might start adding end-game content aimed at a casual play-style.

Until that time comes please just cancel your account and stop clogging up the forums.
  3. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

They can do fine in PvE, sure. But what of the arena and dueling?
  4. ARCHIVED-Ogrebear Guest

Well on my server every time i walk past the arena entrance, i never see an arena up. So i would honstly say the arena is dead, less than 5% of the population probably uses it on a weekly bases, maybe even monthly.

Dueling maybe.. but Dueling dosn't really work that well.. Classes have advantages over other classes, to a point the arrmor dosn't matter to much
  5. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

Ah, a % of population argument, very nice. If the game were developed on that basis, relic would drop from solo mobs.
    Fabled gear and master spells help immensely in PvP. Even for Guardians (the only class that really NEEDS relic plate, by the way)...
  6. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

...but they should not balance raid zones (which are PvE) against or for PvP.....at all, ever. Who cares if fabled gear works for PvP, they have there nice little vendors that sell PvP exclusive gear that PvE players do not get.

In no way, should raiding EVER be tailored towards helping or caring about PvP.
  7. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

Just so long as we're clear this is the Alpha Raider Brave New World agenda. I for one, will not be a part of that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

EQ2 is a game designed around PvE, with raiding as its only true end game. PvP is an afterthought that should not change how PvE is balanced. In fact, PvP can go and [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] itself because EQ2 is aimed at PvE, not PvP.
  9. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

Exactly - Personally I don't care if people want to PvP, that is fine and is 100% there choice to do so.....but in no way should raiding (which is purely PvE) be based on, nor should it have rewards returned, that are balanced and / or catered to the PvP world.

That is what the PvP vendors are for already.....
  10. ARCHIVED-Timzilla Guest

Odd. Those are the only reasons that raiders "need" fabled gear too.
  11. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

QFT!
  12. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

Be that as it may, I still say NO to a carebear caste system. It's bad enough, the way it is. You don't need red-tag help to make you all feel like you're a more hardcore carebear than me. I concede that.
    That being said... oh wait, that's all I had to say.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Lets see, if you PvP then it won't affect you, as you're a PvP and you have the items off the vendors. If you don't PvP you don't have those items, so you should be able to get as good as, if not better items off raid mobs. Walla, balance! Don't like it, go to a game where it's balanced around PvP. EQ2 is balanced around PvE.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

Sure there is. It's called Nizara, and to a lesser extent Nek3. And hopefully lots more hard instances like Nizara in the future. Those are the end-game for non-raiders, and that requires relic armor (or equivalent).
  15. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

No, they just require Legendary gear to clear, and a really good group. Btw why didn't you come out and complain about Icy Digs back in the day, when it required fabled gear at Level 50, and a perfect group setup? Oh wait, you don't have an excuse.
  16. ARCHIVED-Quasimm Guest

I guess some people don't get the hint.