Lockouts on Relic dropping zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Miroh69, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

hmm

But in this game, the masses are not limited by raid guilds killing the contesteds to block the path, so I am sure we will see non-guilded folk with DT access in a year or so. And thus people that are farming relic gear will be using it for bigger raids in the future. Afterall, farming is pretty darn boring when you are 70/50 with every slot upgraded to best non-raid gear and every spell at master.

well i'm 70/50, have a few fabled items(hos drops, relic bracers, moa) and all but two t7 masters. i am unguilded and have dt access.

its starting already.

PS: i love when people ask me to zone them into dt... i'm a slow zoner, so it takes a while to get in with the lag(all those [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] zones share a server i swear.. labs trash raids cause lyceum to crash, more than one guild in any instance, crash then lockout.. its nuts) by the time i zone in, turn around and zone out, half if not most of the raid is getting pwnt by the gazers that foat towards the zone in, and they go to revive, the sobs are camping the zone in. why is this funny? because many of them are morons and go to charge right in then wonder why they're at 10% armor in 15 mins. lol

ps: do not put a lockout on dt till after you pass the flame wall. getting to that sucker for the quest update is a pain in the **** with only a few people, i tend to get it done before the raid with a group or two to keep stuff occupied while people get the update and then zone back out to see nagafen. past that flame wall is fine for a lockout, but due to that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] gnome device being part of a quest, a lockout on zone in is kinda moot... get a raid going, zone in, get the update for a few people(while the rest of the raid is locked out of everything else due to trying it with a bad group that day.. it happens) just to get locked out for six days for getting a quest update would kinda suck. aside that, they need to have a triggered lockout when someone disables the device.
  2. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

Well, it used to require 3 contested mobs and Vyemm, and more than likely only the higher end raiding guilds per server would have access to DT then, I know on Nek probably not another guild would have gotten access. The moral is: if you cry enough, you'll get stuff made easier for you (maybe even handed to you!).
  3. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

I didn't read any of this thread but I said this at the beginning of KoS. I have said it about 4 times since then. I'll say it again today. Full lockout timers should be in effect when you kill your first mob in any particular zone. This way it eliminates accidental zoning and relic farming which is one of the offenders of risk vs reward. Can't get any simpler than that.

I also said relic should only have a chance to drop from named mobs and such pieces like chest and legs should only drop off the last named in any zone or a contested - in addition to the regular loot of course (which is also not balanced). This way those chests would also appear more rewarding after you kill a named. Don't know how many times I've said it.
    Message Edited by SmEaGoLLuM86 on 08-09-2006 04:17 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Aye I do like the best gear for last idea as well. Why can we have 3 chest pieces drop before even the first named????? Stupid...YAY raiding in eq1 was better but sadly I still prefer this over it. Hell even in ToV.....it was truely a pain for the "non raiders" or "casual raiders" to go thru it, at least it was back when 60 was the cap and before Lucan(sp) Always fun to hear them cry in ooc and shout about how hard it was when we at the time were killing the contested...... Sigh, the good old days when Raiding actually meant something, that was in T5 too but I guess the peeps that made the zones and items quit, got a promotion to another area, or got fired....
  5. ARCHIVED-Madrocsz Guest

If anyone of you has played eq1 during the pre-kunark times you can relate to what im about to say.

Does anyone remember the original planes, fear/hate? You could go there, kill horribly trash mobs and grats best armor in the game. Suit for every class, almost sounds a lot like relic to me and seemingly more common. Only difference being is the respawn time.

Now, relic armor is good but not overpowering. I could care less if a guild wants to do relic twice a day, if you wish to bore yourself killing the same **** crap over and over to get fabled items, so be it. This tells me several things, either your guild/group is entirely too craptastic to take on anything worth a challenge and progress or you truely enjoy wasting tons of time for very low drop rates etc (given everyone has lucky streaks).

Also, keep in mind its very generic, plate drops you have 6 plate classes that roll/spend dkp whatever on it so its not 100% guaranteed you walk in and leave with relic gear due to the low drop rate and competition. Also considering no jewelry etc drops your still missing half your gear.

I will agree 6 hours is flat out [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], should be no lockout till you kill one mob and its lockout of at least a few days. That way if you want to go in there plan on getting as far as you can, named and all.

This is just my opinion and the biggest point of all I could make is gear doesnt make the character, the player makes the character and gear is just to make up for the lack of skill.

For example, how come some fully fabled scouts still get out parsed by that scout with some treasured/legendary stuff?

True story

Madroc
    70 Zerker- Nektulos
    -- Osmosis --
  6. ARCHIVED-CalypsoCGN Guest

- Relic patterns will now drop in fabled chests.

There you go! From now on relic farming isn't possible anymore!!!
    And maybe we have a better chance to get relic on a regular base (last 2 times in Labs we only saw 1 relic...).

I like that change a lot...they should have done that right from the start!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

from what i have read, they just changed the chest. not what they drop from
  8. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Still drop from trash but hey lets make it last longer so people can have time to zone in and get the loot.....sweet.....sigh :(
  9. ARCHIVED-CalypsoCGN Guest

We will be in the Labs in a few hours....after that I will post, if we got any relic off of trash, or only from named encounters...maybe that will give a bit of a clue...:smileywink:
  10. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

Someone somewhere replied to me once about how they would hate this game becoming gear dependant like EQ1 was and it really isn't look at T6 most of the zone and contested are so trivial that a pickup raid in Legendary T7 armor can take out those monsters.

Because EQ2 isn't Armor Driven it is level Driven, it does not mater how much better a level 55's gear is then a level 60's you would still have the level 60 tank because they would mitigate and avoid better then the 55s.

That being said Who gives a flying flip about Relic armor? You could quit this game tomorrow and it would not mater because when you come back 2 expansions later your UBER Deathtoll Armor will look like Junk compared to the new T9 Legendary armor from uber zone of Casual monkeys

personally I like Gear Driven because, You cant take a level 70 tank into Anguish with OoW 'legendary' quality gear and expect for him to live, no you have to go and Raid GoD zones oh wait but before you can handle those you have to go raid PoP

So to a degree I do think Relic farming ruins progression but the again progression Really does not exist past the current Tier in this game.
    After all, start up guilds don't have to go raid tier 5 to do tier 6 content, because it isn't as challenging anymore.
    So um, where is the progression?

That is my opinion, wanna call me out? go for it im open to suggestions and just ask Ishbu /flirt
  11. ARCHIVED-Link27 Guest

I'm the first person to admit that farming relic every 6 hours is not using the zone as intended.
    But it also begs the question why you are so adamant about relic farming. It just screams "I have awesome loot, and I don't want you to have it." Whether or not that's your intention, you have to realize that a lot of people see it that way. We should be allowed a lot of input to the direction of the game.. which you certainly have covered, but ultimately, it's used as a compass for what the devs want, and what they intend. Game developement.. especially for an MMO, is a complicated process. Developers can't directly use themselves for opinions on the game because they are not the target audience. on that same note, consumers input cannot be used to directly make the game, because they are not developers, and they don't have the big picture for the entire game. they both have different priorities for the game. Top end game raiders are only a small portion of the EQ2 player base, and Sony can't make decisions with just them in mind.
    There are a lot of opinions about what should and shouldn't happen here. Just please consider the possibility that everyone isn't always right.
    I'm saying this as a someone in the videogame industry who's worked on a (different) MMO before. So please do me a favor, think of what I'm saying instead of attacking me, my mother, my play habits, or my guild.
  12. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

Thanks for posting the same line every non raider/farmer has posted and read the answers give to you ad nauseum as to why its bad.

13. ARCHIVED-Link27 Guest

I'm sorry.. what? Did you even read what I said past the first line?
    And if you're so upset about needless posts, why post telling people that? Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?
    Message Edited by Link27 on 08-10-2006 05:00 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

Yah. You should know better. They're almost done.
  15. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

Have you guys actually tried the whole relic trash run thing? It doesn't work. The only pickup raids you can make are with people who don't know any better. But they quickly figure it out and stop that nonsense.
    I've been to Labs about 10 times, give or take. I've seen one piece of plate drop and that was defaulted to the MT of the raid. I calculated it out to needing on average 73 runs to get one piece, given the same people in every run every time. At twice a day, that would be more than a month. Not that I have time nor the inclination (boring) for that, I can do it maybe twice a week. So that would be about 6 months to see one piece.
    Do I NEED relic? Of course not. But what else am I supposed to progress towards? I don't even need legendary gear. Hell, with the right group setup I could probably do all but a few group zones naked with no weapon. We don't NEED anything in this game.
    Oh, and on the whole strat subject... I've done this with both a ragtag bunch of slackers and a well organized powerful raid guild. The slackers need the strats... the organized raid guilds simply mow down all the mobs with leet dps. I was stunned when I saw the red blob mob (caged alzid?) taken down faster than I can mow down a solo trash mob. Yay for strats. Yay for gear and spells only getting you so far.
    You want to make a longetivity argument? I don't pay $15 to make you look uber. We have a choice. You make it more time consuming and we leave frustrated, never to return. Hardly a strategy for longetivity. This game doesn't exist without casual players. Or if it exists, it is stagnated with a skeleton crew of overworked uninspired designers running on like 4 obsolete servers.
    Further, the concept of requiring an archaic external system, DKP, to make something function is about the most smacktarded thing I've ever heard of. That would be like making a banking system and requiring the tellers to chisel out each transaction on a rock.
    All on deaf ears though. You won't stop until every casual gamer has quit disgusted. I'm forced to agree just to teach you a lesson. This isn't real life. There are no children to feed, no promotions to be had, no bills to pay. WE DON'T CARE ENOUGH to do 73 lab trash runs. Increasing those 73 runs from 3 months to a year makes us care less, as impossible as that would seem.
    I say eliminate all zone lockouts and make them exist on a loot basis. If you looted something you, individually, are locked out from looting that mob for whatever amount of time. Yeah, that might take some database design and some disk space, so forget that crap.
    Amends on the casual players, again.
    And excuse me I must now go vommit my lunch for how bad this subject makes me sick, and the vehemence you people post with... at the expense of everyone involved.
  16. ARCHIVED-Quaan Guest

mellow....... mellow.......
    Getting a little over anxious arent we(vomitting?)?
    Still trying to work out what your post is actually saying but I think /rant mode has it a little too disjointed for that :)
  17. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

Sorry. It's a very personal and sore subject for me, I'll spare you why. But the jist is, relic armor is one of the most anti-casual concepts in the game and people are perpetually calling for it to be made more hardcore... for the sole purpose of separation. Just letting em know that separation isn't to anybody's benefit, even if on the surface it seems like that's the way it should be.
  18. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Nice....it makes you that sick...... Level dependant lol....thats another arguement, even though it takes a month to get to lvl 1-70 just about. The ease of leveling, the ease of fabled gear and the ease of tradeskilling....So now...what in this game is sooooo hard now. I thought eq2 might give me some challenge since it held the name of the great EQ, but I see I was mistaken. And yes, everyday I see the same people going in on relic runs, I have no idea what you are talking about. All i want is for people to do the zone as it was intended, not take advantage of the failed lockout timers. Ohhhhh 12 hours now..big woop. /random raid zones in, gets relic, purposefully fails so they can come back in a day....or come back in 12 depending on how much they play.
  19. ARCHIVED-robusticus Guest

You should feel pity for them that they have to resort to such a dull, tedious means of equipping themselves. Would it make you all happier if each of the deathtoll dragons also had a relic quest associated with them?
    If the zone was intended to be done entirely every time, the designers would not have put valuable loot on the trash mobs.
    The great EQ? You mean that game with the cornfield forest where you would get lost and die and lose all your stuff because you couldn't figure out which part of the cornfield you were in?
    Message Edited by robusticus on 08-14-2006 03:04 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Ogrebear Guest

Well unlike everquest 1, you can go out in a full set of Crafted arrmor and do pretty well in groups, some of the hardest instances would be a little hard, and raiding would probably be to hard in crafted arrmor. In everquest 1 if you where in crafted arrmor or quest armor at a high level and tryed to take on an even con mob you where likcly to be dead.

So i really don't feel any pity for them, they can do fine with out the fable arrmor as well... But at the same time i don't have any problems with them doing relic runs, If the devs really wanted relic to drop for thouse who don't do the zone every 12 hour, they would make it so relic chest only drop after a names been killed.