Lockouts on Relic dropping zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Miroh69, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

Global politics reference FTW! Hehe.
  2. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

:smileyvery-happy: <3
  3. ARCHIVED-Stygx Guest

well .. ya call me stupid but... i do not see the point of this thread at THIS point with the current relic drop rate. maybe because i have spent a lifetime farming tov for armor in eq1. said tov armor molds were off trash mobs too btw. and sorry isbu man probably you were not playing an sk in eq1 cuz otherwise you would knew skyshrine was one of the bestest armor before farming the harder ntov named.

anyways, as I said I am sk therefore even if I wanted to, I would never get into a relic pick up raid. but even if I would manage to get in the raid (by paying someone no doubt) I would not be able to zone in since my guild clears the zone every week so I am on the lockout timer , unless I am with my guild :p

for the past months we clear every zone that may drop relic and as of late the dropping rate is dismal. I have no idea where you guys see 10-15 pieces dropping. We just finished labs and we got one (1) relic piece and that was in the chest off corsolander. We cleared even the spider webs in the corners everything that moved and we got 1 relic piece. Next we move to hos. right now we are at ancient bloodbeast and we have zero (0) relic drops so far.

I mean really if ppl can get full relic suits from pickup raids well grats them . cuz they will need a freaking lifetime to do so (if they are doing it now and not when relic was dropping like candy).

and yes I would like to see the named drop relic pieces. because in my guild we could still use a couple of plate molds (and since we are into that perhaps some scourge knight arms cuz we have never seen one of them dammit :()

anyways threads like that lead nowhere. just start this holy war btwn casuals and raiders till they are locked out.

P.S kudos to that guy who was giving info to new ppl on how to raid. much respect for you man.

Lady Phaerun , 70 Shadowknight of Innoruuk
    <Himalaya> Mistmoore.
  4. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

Relic should stay as it is. Those people that want to farm it should still get to farm it. Personally i havent used a peice of relic as my main gear for about a month. Just as i am sure i will replace the gear i am wearing now in t7.5 when EoF comes out.

I do not understand why you care so much about relic. It isnt the be all end all of loot. Infact i am sure that next expansion there will not be a farming of "Relic" quality gear so let the noobs have their fun. Let them get in some "uber" relic gear. It has little to no impact on anyone else.
  5. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

The bracers that drop off a Doomwing Firedrake are better than the bracers that drop off Chel'Drak the Ancient Lord. A Doomwing thaumaturge drops the best bard breastplate in the game, much better than the one from Lord Vyemm. There are lots of similar instances like this for all classes. Maybe if relic was actually starter gear for raiders it'd be fine, but some of it is the absolute best gear in the game and it drops from trash. That's why we're complaining.
  6. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

My whole issue behind this thread is completely opposite of what most think and show in their post. Topic keyword "Lockout" With that said...The lockout for Lab of Vyemm is set on a 6 hour failure timer. Failure meaning you didn't and/or couldn't beat the first named mob in the zone and had to leave, this lockout meaning you can come back and try again to succeed, NOT to purposefully fail just so you can go in and farm gear every 6 hours. You are taking advantage of the zone's mechanics. So they are changing the lockout timer....wow, you will more than likely be able to fail on purpose and do it once a day instead of twice...yay
  7. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

*** Zones Reuse Timers ***

- Zone reuse timers are being modified to have greater consistency. Reuse timers will now follow these guidelines:
    - Small solo zone: No fail timer | 4 hour success timer
    - Large solo zone: No fail timer | 8 hour success timer
    - Group zone: No fail timer | 18 hour success timer
    - Small raid zone: 8 hour fail timer | 3 day, 20 hour success timer
    - Large raid zone: 12 hour fail timer | 5 day, 20 hour success timer

so lockout timers are already being changed. 12hours more then likely on Lab.
  8. ARCHIVED-sro Guest

What's the point in that, it still allows once-per-day farming..
    Imo SoE made their statement by putting relic in master chests that will simply replace the old small wooden ones making it even easier to farm and get alts or other random pickups in the raid etc to loot their oh so deserved endgame loot.

sucks balls..

Why not come up with something like a dynamic lockout or whatever. Give +3hours for each trash mob killed up to the maximum lockout on the zone, and keep lockouts on killing named mobs the way it is now. If a guild isn't good enough for the named mobs they will get a 2-3 day lockout for killing all the trash leading up to it, putting an end to farming aswell, but keeping those guilds without too long lockout timers so they can try again soon (but not dayly).
  9. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

How bout making it like how HoS is(Soon to be "was") Kill one trash mob and success timer starts.
  10. ARCHIVED-Stygx Guest

Dunno if it has been ninja patched or what but after our weekend run in lab , hos, DT we only got relic off chests from named. It was the named usual loot plus one relic piece.

might be our good luck of course .
  11. ARCHIVED-dparker713 Guest

Still dont get why you care. Its slower to gear up a raid force farming the few trash mobs in labs once a day then it is for those same people to go as far as they can once a week, lyceum once a week and the rest of the time progress QC. If they want to waste their time, let them.
  12. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Killing Trash Then Waiting 6 Hours to go Back in = Exploit of Lockout Timer
    Exploit = Bad
    Bad = Bad Bad
    Bad Bad = Bad bad Bad
    Bad bad bad = Nerfed/Banned
    Nerfed/Banned = NerB
    NerB = Onimaro, Tangarth, Dakoss, Zacri, Screename ect...(notice I said Onimaro First [All Hail the King of the NerB's])
  13. ARCHIVED-SinIsLaw Guest

Sorry, but ur wrong !!! If our guild would choose to do relic runs over the full Lab run, we would all be fully relic by now !!! You have to remember that one relic Item can be used by several classes to be turned into fabled. While killing the named there is a loooot of luck involved to get the item you can use! Me for example, I'm still waiting to see the 1st set or relic plate pants or Blackcoat leggins to drop in what 4-5 month of weekly lab raids ... loads of luck is needed here! If I'd do simply lab trash runs I'm sure I'd have the relic once by now. Again, if there is a pickup raid going down to the labs, nothing against that if they try and go all the way - but going into the lab with the aim of only killing the trash, to avoid the 6 day lock out, is simply worng and an exploit imho!!! I still don't understand why SoE does allow that, in T6 it wasn't the case ...
  14. ARCHIVED-Feydakeen Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Ddrak Guest

Plate sabatons seem crazy rare. We only got our first set last week after some crazy amount of clearings of labs, DT and Lyceum.

I gotta agree with those posting that relic isn't that great. I use it in some slots but honestly for an Inq the SK/Inq gear from the named in labs is much better in almost all slots.

Dd
  16. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

You guys are missing the point. The rate at which you gear up is just one of the problems. The other problem is getting some of the best items in the game off trash mobs every 6 hours.
  17. ARCHIVED-dparker713 Guest

If you're going in there every 6 hours, you're online enough that you're a hardcore player.
    By my recollection, its about 13 encounters you can pull without training by any nameds. So, a maximum of 52 encounters per 24 hours. And you'd expect to get what, 2-3 drops in that time tops? So, 12-18 relic drops in a week if you were going in there 24/7. One clear will easily net you 6 relic and another, what, 10 legendary/fabled off nameds. Plus you can spend the rest of week on other things.
    While some of the relic is better suited towards raiding then the fabled drops off nameds, no relic is the best in every situation. This isnt as important on blue servers, but you really notice the difference on PvP servers.
  18. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Sometimes when we go into Labs we get relic back to back before we even get to the first named, I mean 3 within 10-15 minutes, you progress past that even more, It all depends on what the loot tables are when that instance is popped by you zoning in. And yeah, hardcore...if you're that hardcore you should be doing the zone the right way instead of taking advantage of the mechanics of the zone....And if you're not that hardcore, that still doesn't give you an excuse..... Whats funny is, I got tells from people from my old guild that went to lesser fields....Saying "God I am glad I can finally rest, 16+ hours a day doing 2 lab runs a day to get full relic" Yeah people do that.....it's pathetic.
  19. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

It doesn't matter if it's the best in every situation, the fact that it's even close to the best in any situation makes it broken. Trash Mobs. Trash Mobs.
  20. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Trash Mobs = Masters......Should not = Fabled Gear....I want trash mobs in SoS to drop Legendary then.