Lockouts on Relic dropping zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Miroh69, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Can we get a longer lockout on these zones. 6 hours just seems rediculous to me. There is hardly any raid progression what so ever now days and why need it when you can just farm relic 2 times a day till you get all fabled....Either up the lockout, nerf the items or make it only drop off named mobs please. You don't see legendary loot dropping from random trash in SoS and whatnot....drop off named, so why have possible fabled armor drop off trash? Same with the legendary that drops in these zones. Thinking...2 1/2 or 3 days lockout for zoning in. And make DT 100% access needed please. Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Agree with the relic part. It totally devalues the fabled tag.

DT access I disagree with, I don't want to be stuck backflagging ever new recruit without DT access for the next year. One of the things that's great about EQ2 is no Backflagging required. I think 50% access or 70% would be more reasonable.
  3. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

At least all the DT access mobs are instanced now!
  4. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Yeah...then not being instanced was better though imo. And having it that way will make it so you can't suck at raiding and have a server trans come and get you in. Seen it happen a couple times. But thats not my main problem atm.
  5. ARCHIVED-CrazedMutha Guest

No Lockout on Entry.
    6 Day lockout on first Mob killed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

7. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

Was better IMO too
  8. ARCHIVED-Antryg Mistrose Guest

So you've finished farming relic, and now nobody else is allowed to?
    That and your comments on requiring DT access for the whole raid do sound somewhat elitist. Its not as if the stats on relic are that crash hot anyway - throw a bone to the masses won't you.

I do agree on DT access by just one player promotes poaching. How about the access is reset when you deguild or server transfer?
  9. ARCHIVED-Wabit Guest

ugg 100% is a little much 50-75% i agree with... i miss the contested DT access with the prenerfed dragons...
    i'd prefer relic be nerfed to legendary with stats being similar to that of the PoA dragon drops, and keep the lockouts the same... or up the lockout to that of a tremblar...
    there is no progression in t7, and we're stuck with it for another expansion...
  10. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Well not that we've Finished Relic Farming, Its Just that whenever we want to Actually Clear the zone there's 5+ Second cast times, its Harder..Meaning the Whole zone is from a lvl 1-10 . 1.5
    But its annoying when 5+ raids go in, Plus another 7 or so Farming Groups go in aswell...its HELL!

This is Why I Support it...

As for DT....Why argue..its easy to get access..
  11. ARCHIVED-Emerix Guest

Thats one of the crappiest attitudes . Go farm Chel' Drak if you oh so great and bored . Relic stuff sucks anyway but its the only stuff normal casual players can get . Just because you and your oh so great raid guild can get all they want quite easily it doesnt mean the casual gamers who dont have all time of the world shouldnt get some nice stuff .
  12. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

lol EC never farmed relic and my guild before that, Shadowed Strife, never farmed relic, did it the way the zones were intended....take the named out, clear it, come back in a week...Not clear the trash for loot becuase technically it is considered a failure for not killing named.
    Message Edited by Miroh69 on 07-26-2006 03:04 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

Aww, someone doesn't like raiders. Honestly, I was happy with how T5 was, the gear set you appart. Could tell who were raiding and who wasn't simply by what kind of fabled gear they had. But now? pfft lol, lame really.

And I am sure we would farm Chel'Drak if the lockout was 6 hours like some zones.....plus he's a named mob...not trash that takes 2 groups to kill....
  14. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Im not elitist in anyway and im glad they instanced the Dragons but i dont like the fact that people who have never raided and dont raid are running around in raid level armour, stupid.
  15. ARCHIVED-pashtuk Guest

Easiest way to solve this would be a lockout timer of 6 days just right after zone in, like it is with Rognog. Or make the relic drop of off master chests from nameds besides their normal loot (as it happens sometimes already).
    But anyway the relic drop rate has been greatly reduced since we first started with trying the lab (thoug about 10-15 weeks ago). Last week we cleared the lab (except for vyemm and alzid prime) the first time, this monday again.
    Last week we hat 3 relic drops, 2 of them from master chests on nameds, 1 from "normal" relic wood chest.
    This week we had 1 relic drop off of a wood chest.
    And none was from one of the trash mobs before the uncage alzid or the first droag named..
    And just to ask what does it bother you if others run around in relic or not? However they got it, its none of your business.
    Everyone sees the "uber" Raiders anyhow cause no other player is running arround with the Queynos Claymore or DT or Halls of Seeing stuff..
  16. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

The lockout should be applied on killing anything, not just nameds. With DT, 75% seems right - it's unlikely that someone's going to have a quarter of the raid as unflagged recruits, and if they do - they can get them access too.
  17. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Why would anyone want to stop people farming relic, have you ANY idea how popular this is for casual players?

I'm in a guild that is starting to raid t7, we are running trash runs all week and the turnout for these has been AMAZING! On Saturday we take out as many names as we can and have a week's break from raiding, so we can work on quests.

Why the hell would SOE suddenly decide to impose a lockout, check your lvl 60-69 channel people want to farm the labs, it's a awesome zone for casual players who arnt in raiding guilds.

As for the other guy complaining about the lag due to people being in the labs I have no idea how to respond to that.

SOE arnt stupid they are not going to destroy one of the most succesful aspects of this expansion pack, damm if anything i'd be amazed if they didnt add more raid zones like the labs.

I dont know it seems to me like people are desperate to feel superior to other players in this game, it's all too amusing.
    Message Edited by valleyboy1 on 07-26-2006 04:03 AM
    Message Edited by valleyboy1 on 07-26-2006 04:05 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

You can be a casual player and still do the zones as they were really intended. And if you don't want to then you are lazy and don't deserve the armor. Watch, if they ever do make it drop off named I garuntee you most of these people will kill named.....they are just too lazy and they want an easy way to get the fabled tag....bottom line.

And if you are casual and barely play....what good is fabled gear gonna do you anyways.....
  19. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

cheldrak should require 100% rift complete to access as well

edit: and make that retroactive just to be fair, maybe take the lewtz too
    Message Edited by Keldoth on 07-26-2006 04:19 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Please, this is a game not a job, the lab is one zone in tier 7 there are PLENTY of other zones to run around in if you really want to feel special.

Like I said the popularity of the lab trash runs show's exactly what type of zone suits the vast majority of players. I would love to see some stats on the lab zone, in terms of number of players who SOE wouldnt consider 'hardcore' entering etc.

It's totaly nieve to expect SOE to change this, in doing so they take away what is one of the most popular things to do at 70 if your not in a raiding guild.