Locking AA

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-x82nd77, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Howdy all , im a new old warden , meaning I had experience up to ROK , then skipped out till SF.
    Ive recently come back and have been leveling on nagafen and am new to pvp, The title made me think there was some discussion on pvp , but I see its not the case. So I just wanted to add a few things to the excellent advice from Tori and Avalene.
    Im not sure why the druid tree lines are still refered to by their base stats anymore other than a lack of what else to call them. I feel they do give some confusion to the newer wardens. And they'er base stat names really shouldn't have any consideration when picking from the abilities. Id like to add a few Idea's of where to spend pts in the early stages . Wich is what I gather most new wardens seek , but alot of the older experienced wardens seem to gloss over ,,, because they forget what its like to have only 25 AA versus 250 or even 50ish to spend is a big difference from less than 25. You also need to get rid of the notion that your going to have to start building your end result right now. The devs have put more than enough options for you to respec cheaply and still get full use out of current total pts at a few different intervals along the way. The price of respec per tree starts cheap , but will compound by 10 everytime up to 10 plat ... with enough time it will reset to 10 gold although (disclaimer : atleast the last time I used it before RoK) I only mention this because of a pittance what the money is compared to still having a few cards Deep in a dungeon while in a raid group. And if you could respec atleast 1 tree for an ability needed ... It would be worth all the plat you have spent on respecs ... imho.
    Here's my idea's for "Best Buck Gain" at different intervals of AA amounts.
    10 or less ... The first best point spent is always shapeshift , Then youll notice the most gain with having 3 more mele hits from the druid tree that have side effects. From a healer stand point you might get more use out of the cures in warden line. But Id still take shapeshift for my first pt.
    12+ pts ... At this point youve probably got an Idea If healing(for group) or dmg(for solo) is more important to you. For mele , Id say the biggest thing noticeable would be ... the ability to AOE from going down the Warden CA option, putting 3 pts in each abillity is a decent spec for 12 pts spent. However , any of the Mele/CA abilites will be abit frustrateing till you hit lvl 26 and get the Instinct buff ... wich even at apprentice level will make your frustrations a thing of the past. But sticking with the druid tree isnt a bad Idea either making those 3 mele hits stronger (look at the comparison numbers between ranks and do the math) ~~~~ For healing option ... 12 pts spent down either Agi line or Stamina line aint to bad ..... Then increase that heal boost for the next few pts. I could talk about the other few options for pts spent at 12-24 like roots,cures,pet charm ... but they're not going to make as much difference. Pet charm is kinda fun though ;)
    25+ pts ... Atlast you can pick an end ability on the druid tree !!! :) There are 2 schools of thought ... err used to be. Healing and Damage ... Let me assure you there is only 3 ways to increase your [Healing] ability at this early stage through AA's ... 1- group proc heal on druid str line , 2- hot increase on druid agi line , 3- crit increase on druid sta line. The cures might be considered a 4th way but would be situational. Druids are fine and dandy healers , the biggest bang for your buck will be increasing ranks of your healing spells. Plus you can always go into A "healing only mode" when your group needs it deep in the dungeon. ~~~ Damage Increase : 1-Mele CA's all 5 ranks with crushing/slashing boosted . You dont need to pick the Dot/debuff CA though , You can select it Grand Master at 24. 2- Alternate dmg you might select Infusion(dmg when heal) Especially group beneficials. Wich can be advantageous for the small oddball group with pet classes while you have a pet charm Too (spiders can be found in many dungeons) Plus the road to getting infusion will increase your spellls base dmg/disruption,focus,ordination/or more ranks of thunderstrike. The Str line is only picked to back up the warden mele line or to get the free heals in the beginning from mele hits. imo After that there is no way except pure stats/spells/gear to increase dmg.
    50+ pts Because I only have a RoK account and I have no access to the shadow AA ..... I would say I am limited at this point. Either way .... you cant deny how nice it is to be able to select 2 end abilites .... Here is just an oppinion at 75+ pts Healing = Agi/Sta druid line with cures or reformation (lvl 35 for bat and spores) Dmg = warden CA + Druid str line with other druid CA's (Wisdom aoe root best for escape) However increaseing warden of the forest is always good. And having better roots will help you take down that group content combined with HO management.
    100 AA's All I can say is Ive enjoyed being able to pick a decent charm animal spec (atleast rank 8 and increase your subjagation) Then have the full mele spec (prior SO) While also being able to have infusion. I found no need to pick healing specs while Solo or even casual groups. The Wardens healing abilites used premptivley or even left in reserve are very capable to success in most groups. A heal cast order does help in those times that pinch. An easy way to understand how our heals can be best utilized is by charting a time line of when they cast and finish ticking , taking into account recast also. Hence it is always best to lead with 1 of our most direct heals [palm or Hands] depending on the dire emergency. If your premtive you had the hot ticking allready .... The truth is there are many casting orders and they all depend on wich one you started with coupled with the situation. but switching between leafs and hands in casting order is paramount.
    I do hope my dribble didnt bore you into picking a shaman ... cuz wardens are the better dawg.
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

NolaDragon wrote:
    Strength, Agility, Stamina, Wisdom and Intelligence are still listed - they are just a little smaller in print under the name of each spell of each line. Peeps still refer to each line as such. And the spells (CA's) are still listed in accordance with what each stat does. STR is melee dmg, AGI is avoidance, STA is pwr, WIS is health (not necessarily hp), INT is spell dmg.