Locations of New Public Quest's

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Cinnamon, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Cinnamon Active Member

I thought I would start thread for peeps who would like to give locations and other details like level needed.

I did manage to find 2 in Sundared Frontier, but they are possibly random locations. One wasn't to far from the Druid Rings and other was not to far from Toxxulia Mound

You do need to between levels of the levels of 90 and below.
    I think you have be able to actually hit the mob to obtain a token.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Annie New Member

They are marked on your map if you use the default UI.

There are 4 in Thalumbra.

The merchants to spend the medals are in Kelethin, Neriak and Thalumbra (as it says in their description). I'm looking for the Thalumbra ones but haven't found them yet. If anyone knows, please put me out of my misery!
  3. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

The Thalumbra ones are directly across from the Portal. They are at the first sig line update in thalumbra.
    Annie likes this.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

As Annie said, you'll have to wait for someone to update your custom UI, otherwise they're all over the place and already on your map.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not a custom UI issue, it's a map issue. So if eq2maps isn't given the information, it's see PQs or see everything else...
  6. Bahzelina Member

I was on an alt crono'd down to 60 and running some quests in Sinking Sands today. I stumbled over the public quest 3 times - it does show up in the journal with a timer like the Great Divide raids. The locations seemed random - once I found it in the croc caves then over by the twin tears next to the raptors then over by the aqueduct near the prophet spawn point. I think I saw a tiny sword on the map but with all the ions from EQ2 maps it gets lost.
  7. Caith Developer

Eq2maps is a custom ui, just a very specialized one.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no map for thalumbra in the eq2maps images directory, so there is no easy way to fix it for just that.
    It's also odd that the blue bits show up for other quests, but not for the PQs... obviously they're coded differently.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if the default UI was updated so we didn't have to use custom ;)
  10. Mysstie Well-Known Member

If you use eq2maps, you can filter the POIs and clear them all to see the PQ icons a bit easier. You can leave the Filter POI window open and toggle the check mark.
    Xianthia, Jrel and Prissetta like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

What does the public quest icon look like? The biggest thing we're missing right now are the big blue splotches.
  12. Mysstie Well-Known Member

They look like a sword or a group of three npcs. Hovering the mouse over them shows the time remaining. But the blue splotches are missing, yes.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info :)
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This has helped me out tremendously, thank you for the suggestion :)
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

okay Eq2 maps, even if I filter all the PoIs shows nothing for any location of any PQ. so where are they at? I know the one in thalumbra at blightstone barrens, but where are the others?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

First, I'd suggest uninstalling then reinstalling eq2maps. That's what I had to do to get the TINY white sword that is part of the display for the PQs. For whatever reason, eq2maps can pick up that white sword, but not the blue circle that goes with it.
    Once you've got the white swords showing, you can right-click on the map and choose 'Filter POI'. Choose clear all. The white swords (and blue circles if you've disabled eq2maps) for the PQs only appear when the PQ is active.
    I ended up making a custom POI on the PQs, I set the icon to 'horse'. Then I could show JUST transportation pois on eq2maps and I'd know where the PQs would show up (after I'd been to them to make them). The horse icon also works well because the sword icon eq2 uses, is VERY skinny and hard to see, but it shows up well against the brown of the horse icon... plus the horse icon gives me a hint where to look to see if the PQs are up.

I ran without eq2maps just long enough to find all the possible PQ locations in Thalumbra, Tranquil and Phantom Seas then reinstalled it and used the POI 'kludge' I detailed above. For me, having the blue circles for (temporary) PQs is NOT worth losing all the information on the various maps, not to mention all the maps that aren't 'standard'... like guild halls and various dungeons.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

They are in a bunch more zones than just those 3, Pillars of Flame, Old Zek, etc, etc.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

I realize that, but those are the only 3 zones that give out the Crusader's Medals, which are used for top-end stuff from the merchants. All the PQs give out Defenders's medals which can be used to buy lvl 90 and below gear and house items.
  19. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Ruckus likes this.
  20. Gharyn Well-Known Member

The icons only show up when the PQ is active and you have to be in the zone also.