Locations of New Overseer Reward Mercs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, Mar 10, 2020.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Grolla Skullwielder, Berseker Tank:
    /waypoint 80.03, -10.79,-167.50
    Sadly she is only TREASURED!!!!
    Also she does cost, like other luclin mercs.

What is the deal with this? She should be at least a legendary!!!
    chattie, Lateana, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nawtey Active Member

Seems in line with the rest of the overseer rewards. Legendary would make it actually worth getting to use on Overseer missions, after all.
    chattie, Lateana, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is there some reason these useless Mercs are Lore? Can they not at least be made Heirloom?
    chattie, Breanna, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nawtey Active Member

Not a chance. They're LORE, so a way to continue getting empty chests will still exist.
    chattie, Quillyne, Mermut and 4 others like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

I haven't ever gotten the merc, but is the token Lore? If so you can still trade it, just move it out of the shared bank immediately or consume it. Then you should be able to get additional ones.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

As we're still getting empty crates, it would make more sense to me to make them heirloom.
    chattie, Lateana and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Heirloom and Lore are totally unrelated flags. Heirloom would keep you from selling them or giving them to another account. They are not NO TRADE, so can be brokered or traded. Lore only means you can only have 1 per character. I'm not sure why you'd want to trade the Lore tag for Heirloom. I can see asking for Lore to be removed, but not why you'd want it to go Heirloom. What did I miss?
    Mermut and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

As long as they're destroyed, scribed or banked, before you open the bonus crate all may be well.
    It was assumed that items with lore tages were the cause of all the empty crates. My thinking is why add more.

Anyway they don't care about all the empty crates, so I guess why should I.
    chattie and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I am going to use new mercenaries to make Mercenary Battalion buff a bit better.
    I am not sure how big is improvement of the buff when treasured merc is getting from let's say level 1 to level 5.
    Anyone has numbers?

I mean I have fabled Tarsil and I am going to keep her for now, but any extra unlocked merc should make her buff a bit stronger (well, when that extra merc is getting to level 5, then 10 and so on...)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

Melban Pindleclasp (Troubadour) 359, 78, 399
    in Pathway leading to Sanctus Serus on the Deep Right Side.
    This ia Legendary Merc
    Cyrrena and Spritely like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Dos your Tarsil work now for the buff?

The fabled dirge looks nice.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

I think the overseer mercs are just another way to get more money out of players. I bought the more expensive xpacs, to get the merc(s) just to find they had to be "hire anywhere" in order to use them for the overseer quests. If you have 5 characters then the cost of using the xpacs' overseer feature, that you already paid for, ends up costing another $5 or $10 per account. I have 41 characters, I'm currently playing, so I ended up paying an extra $41 plus $14 for the second merc on two accounts for a total of $55 extra dollars I hadn't planed to spend on the game. From a business point of view, it brings in extra money, but from my point of view, I wasted the money unless a major overhaul is made to the overseer quests.
    Argosunited likes this.
  13. Laita Well-Known Member

I got a fabled fury merc from the 10 hour mission today... Oor the Umbra... don’t have the exact coordinates at the moment, but they’re on the top peak just above where the teleport potion zones you into AC... has a really cool graphic, so hopefully as I level it up and gear it.. well it actually heals, lol... and what’s up with healer merca not having the Rez ability anymore?
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Tarsil is giving me 19.9 Fervor and 250 Crit Bonus since Tuesday's patch
  15. Myrkul New Member

anyone found Oor of Umbra in Coast yet?

and i'm looking for the celestial one too...
  16. Laita Well-Known Member

I posted Oor of Umbra location a couple posts above yours... it's right where the port potion takes you, just fly up to the peak. For the celestial one, assuming you mean the one from th new crates? on a ridge above the Wracklands instance zone-ins.
  17. Tangris Well-Known Member

I just picked him up and saw no buff from the static stats, so I am a bit confused....
  18. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Oor of Umbra
    Fabled Fury
    Coast
    -267.74 186.67 440.14 254.89 0.00 0.00

Top of the peak
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of these have been submitted to EQ2Maps.
  20. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I looked over their website as well as the latest maps and some have not been added yet prior to this post. I appreciate folks sharing the locations while these are still new and dropping :)
    Thanks for all!
    Breanna and Lateana like this.