Loading zone info

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Xanderxavier, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Xanderxavier New Member

Hi, stuck in Qeynos, every time i try to zone it says receiving zone info then doesnt do anything else even 5 mins later, I first logged in in my apartment tried to leave it same issue, so i hit exit eventually reloaded once char finally allowed me to login again I zoned to outside Qeynos and again loading zone info 5 mins later hadnt said anything or done anything, so quit again.... err how do I fix this, cant exactly play like this.
  2. SideshowBob Active Member

I seem to recall Sony having this exact same issue about a year and a half ago, around the time of the Valentine's festival. MASSIVE "Receiving Zone Info" lag! And yep, it's happening once again.... :mad:
    I'm having the same issue. Every time I try to zone, it hangs up on "Receiving zone info" for a random amount of time. Sometimes only a minute or two, other times upwards of five+ mins before I give up and hit "exit".
  3. Spleeter New Member

I am having the same problem in Qeynos. Sigh.
  4. Arcturys Member

It's a hardware issue on SOE's side. As SideshowBob recalls, this happened on a massive and disgusting level a year and a half ago during the Erollisi Day event. They fixed it by upgrading their server hardware (at least that's what we were told back at the time). Some people were getting "Receiving zone info" hangs for 30 minutes to an hour or more! It will probably be like this until things calm down after the "gotta get in and play the new content right nao!" rush is over. It's gotten a little bit better the later in the evening it gets, but occasionally I still get a 5-10 minute RZI while zoning.