Live Update: Tuesday, September 16 @ 7 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kadasi New Member

Ratza, I am confused. Why are you complaining about AA grinding if you have the baubles still??? The thing that confuses me most is why people are in such a rush to get max level, max AA, and all that. Unless you're a raider in need of a particular class for your raid, why even play the game if you're in such a rush? And to address the not getting max AA by level 90 when playing on 50/50..... I have three toons myself that were PL'd to 80 - 1 is 90 now - and had no trouble at all getting 280 AA along with those levels. DM's are not the only solution to PLing, they're just an easy way for plat hoarders to get lots of ingame money fast.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Griff Well-Known Member

It comes down to the "Tootsie Roll Syndrome" which plagues many players. The Wise old Owl in the commercial would be asked how many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop and the answer, as he licked would be 1-2-3-4 (CRUNCH) 4!. Recently I made yet another Alt and vowed (as I always do) to take him through all the content , well most, well at least the good stuff, well some of it, well...the 50's are pretty cool; wait, Moors is also a cool zone and...you get the picture.

I think what happens is a player does a good deal of content in the first 20-30 levels learning the fundamentals of the class. If they have a main (or several mains) they already have experienced a decent amount of the game. Especially true if they have been playing since the beginning and did most the content as the content was released. Then they start to lament over the rewards, since many of them are downgrades, not upgrades for them, depending on the lateral zone they locked level for.

Then comes the tradeoff logic. I can always spend more time in "Zone X" (20 levels above me) and forget the grind in areas that are old to me now with little reward. Next thing you know, you are in the 80's and the choice is to chrono-mage down and face roll content which tends to get old rather fast. So in comes the SC store for the 280 points or the massive face roll grind in DM to gain the needed points.

To be perfectly honest, I'm guilty of buying the SC potion early on, since I know I will succumb to the temptation anyway.
  3. Kadasi New Member

I can see your point there, Griff. I'm on toon number 18 ( i think.......... i lost track lol) myself, and yeah the older content does get old and it's tempting to rush toward end level. But to make it seem like there isn't any lower level content at all just doesn't make sense to me. Next thing you know, people are going to be wanting to roll their toon at max level/max AA and forget the fun of getting there. Wait..... SOE sorta did that with the level 85 heroic. Maybe they should just switch that to a level 95 heroic, then everyone can shush up and leave us old fogies alone! /grin
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Griff like this.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

I'm not complaining for me...I'm just saying that not everyone likes to grind their levels by questing...I'm a quest junkie but that doesn't mean I think everyone else should play my way. :)
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

Oh...and I love harvesting too but that doesn't get me AA's or XP....;)
  6. Glundar Active Member

Providing of cause that your guild is only all access members. I know most silver don't use the broker but some do.
  7. Glundar Active Member

Hmm that's an interesting image.....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

Hard to see how this can't develop into a nargument but...

... perhaps such folks should consider a game other than one called 'Everquest'.

As for this 'update':

Oh, joy. It's bad enough that I no doubt have folks wondering why I haven't responded to the 'Norrathian Express' message that I can access directly without visiting a mailbox because I refuse to do so without, you know, actually visiting a mailbox. Now those of us who like to, you know, pretend we're in this fabulous land called Norrath will henceforth have to undergo incessant trolls of "you do know that you don't need to stand by the broker to use the broker, you lamer?" nonsense.

Well played, SoE. Nice.
  9. Ratza Well-Known Member

I don't know aobut you but I like that SOE provides and accomodates the various play styles in this game....questers, crafters, grinders, collectors, decorators, raiders, PVP, etc. I think SOE would be foolish to limit this game and its fun factor to one play style.
  10. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the command has to be /start_broker_anywhere. That's so much more complicated than it needs to be, since /broker isn't a currently used command..
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

We are all grinders my friend...

And yes /broker would have been fine instead of /start_broker_in_a_dark_alley_next_to_the_trash_cans
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah, not a fan of insta broker. It's like my character has her dealer on speed dial, quick I need you to move these bubinga, now!

I think I'll continue on going to the actual broker. It's more in character than having a random *poof* broker window open for you. I wish they'd gone for a middle ground and let us use market boards to buy as well as sell/browse on. That would've kinda at least made some sense.
    Seefar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree....when I click on my market board in my house it would be awesome if I could buy from it.
    Seefar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Skadesha New Member

Am I the only one who can't Buy Stuff from the Broker if i use the Broker /start_broker_anywhere. I can see Items, I can place new Items and prize them, but i can't buy. Only if i go to the Broker.
  15. Loredena Active Member

Assuming you are an all access member, make sure you aren't still in combat mode. Also, try from a city or general world zone as a test in case you found one of the zones it doesnt' work in. And of course there's the camp and return to retest.

Final thought - are you using a custom ui that customized the broker window extensively and might somehow be having an issue?
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The last I knew was that, while I could now buy from the Market Board in my house, and at one point could buy from anywhere, I can't now...every time I try, I get a mysterious message, along the lines of "The listed price for that item has changed." like the last time I looked at the Broker, it took a screenshot of it and won't budge from that old image? I don't have a third-party UI. :-/

EDIT: I take that back; I can't buy from the Market Board. What, o Powers, you give us this ability, then snatch it away? :(

EDIT OF THE EDIT: On the up side, I can buy off the Broker button again (er, you lot DID run this by on Public Test first, right?)... X-/

Uwk
    Seefar likes this.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I have never, ever been able to purchase from the market board in my house. There is not Buy button, never has been.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but if you use the new Broker button on the drop-down menu, you can purchase in your house (or anywhere, really; they fixed whatever glitches were haunting it!), just not from the Market Board. Silly, really; no reason not to be able to... ;->

Uwk