List of Teleport Items?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Puckling, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Puckling Active Member

Hello Homeshow!

I'm working on finishing up my grand portal house and I was wondering if there was a list anywhere out there of all of the teleport items that I can obtain in game? Like the paintings for the various Valious zones and the Vesspyr Whisper Column. I think I have most of the ones but I wanted to make sure before I finish off the home and publish it.

Thank you!
    Puck
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

3. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Puckling, this one is definitely the place to go to for that information. The other link is for portals outside of houses. I have a portal house on AB, and the only thing missing from it is the Splitpaw Terraporter, which is super duper rare because the guides were stingy that year. Oh, and the Ambassador's Award because I recruited everyone I knew before the new/now-cancelled rewards program existed. A shame the new/now-cancelled recruiting system wasn't retroactive.

Just a quick note. The Portal to the Arena of the Gods is guild hall only. Save yourself the expense of that particular item. ;)
  5. Sibelle Member

I could swear I saw one in a house the other day.. is there an item that looks like it?
  6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

The terrapoerter? There's a Claws of the Earth sculpture that looks similar. Very few people have it, unfortunately. It was rare that a guide was handing out that quest when Splitpaw was new, and they don't give out 9-year old quests. :(
  7. Sibelle Member

No, the Portal to the Arena of the Gods..
  8. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Ah, also a look alike. The pre-order for the new x-pack gives an altar that looks just like the portal, but it has a base.
  9. Sibelle Member

Aha. That was what I saw then. OK.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This one?

[IMG]

Also, keep in mind that not everything in the Transport category on EQ2 Furniture is tabbed "Teleport" or "Transport"; some items are Paintings, Tapestries, Plushies (the Nayad that can teleport you to the Village of Shin), Doors, etc., so pay attention to the tabs on each item. :)

This thing above does have a Transport tab, but there are Sculptures, Mirrors, Buildings, you name it. ;->

Uwk
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  11. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

This is is the Altar of the Ancients on the left and the Portal to the Arena of the Gods on the right. They look very similar.

[IMG]

And actually, Lera's list of furniture transport items is only missing three things: the Splitpaw Terraporter, a Message in a Bottle, and the Ancient Froglock Talisman. Certainly there are more transport items than that in the game, but those are the only ones that are actual furniture items. I have a bunch of teleport items in my bank that I so wish could convert to housing items, like the Worker's Sledgemallet, Quel'ule Teleport Stone & Pebble, Jin'tu's Leaf & Gift, Samirah's Mirror, etc.

A couple things to note... The Ancient Froglok Talisman used to teleport people once upon a time. Now it only works if you're already in Feerrott with the talisman in your bags and clicking on a certain stone. That's annoying. I wish they would change it back, and an Unusual Bottle is no longer obtainable. It was a claimable reward for buying DoF. Oh, three things! The Archaeologist's Token of Excavation was a collection reward during the D.I.R.T.Y. event that preluded Shadow Odyssey. If you have the helm from that event, you can still see the shinies. If not, you can probably find them on the broker.

I really wish they would make old pre-order and collector's edition items available on the Loyalty Merchant, and maybe old guide items for quests they no longer give out. I also wish they would remove the guild only or house only tags on certain teleport housing items.

If you want a close-up view of all the portals you can still currently get in game and place in a house, then you're welcome to visit my House of Portals on the large homes leaderboards, Antonia Bayle. I'm only missing the Splitpaw Terraporter and the Ambassador's Award... both of which I will never be able to obtain unless some kind soul gives me theirs. Hehe.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/ipy4c
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey! Have you put that request on the Wishlist? I don't know that any of the Powers actually pay attention to that, but it'd be nice! :)

And the spooky thing about both of those teleport things is that they remind me of the revamped fountain statue in the Ministry of Magic in the later Harry Potter movies ("MAGIC IS MIGHT.")... :-/

Uwk
    Sapphirius likes this.
  13. Puckling Active Member

Oh I would love to have that teleporter in my house we should beg the powers that be for that, even just a replica on the loyalty mercents or something.
  14. Kithal Member

You can still get a helm with this quest in Lavastorm:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tinkering_with_Toggery

Well, I assume you can still do this. I got one about a year ago.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, I hope so! That would be cool. I have a ton of alts that were made after the D.I.R.T.Y. event, and not everyone's guild bank has the old collectibles. ;->

Uwk
    Sapphirius likes this.
  16. Kithal Member

I just confirmed Toggery is still there and does give the quest.

Update: Confirmed the whole quest works. Harvest a few things, run around, avoid the killer rabbits if you can, and he gives you a helm that exposes those purple shinies in Sinking Sands.
  17. Lera Well-Known Member

I'll add the terraporter and bottle to the category. I removed the talisman since it doesn't work from your house. You don't need it in your bag to get into the froglok village - I was there the other day and my stone was in my house - although you do have to have finished the quest.

Can new players get the DoF bottle?

I really hope they add the old paintings and other claimables to the loyalty merchant. One per account on the paintings isn't enough.
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

The DoF bottle is no longer obtainable. I really wish they'd add it to the loyalty merchant. I have one, and I'm saying, "Devs, please add it to the loyalty merchants." I agree. One per account just isn't enough.
    Kithal and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I mean, sheesh, what the heck would it hurt?? I know that back in the old days, they wanted to limit the traveling we could do (perhaps because it was much like a DM of ours in our long-running DnD campaign would have gnomes sealing off dungeon corridors she hadn't finished yet with "UNDER CONSTRUCTION--KEEP OUT" signs), but at this point? Silly not to. :-/

Uwk
    Kithal likes this.
  20. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Pretty much. The bottle takes you to a Maj'Dul residence/djinn home thingy. All you can really do inside is talk to the mobs and look at stuff. It's not like it's a game-changing item. They have all sorts of limited-time and special event stuff on the Loyalty merchant already, so I don't think it would hurt anything to put up things like:

old guide quest rewards
    old expansion purchase rewards
    old collector's edition rewards
    old SOE Live/Fanfaire rewards
    old special event items

I can understand not putting veteran's rewards on there, but didn't they do that already? I think I remember seeing a Mistmoore Crags estate on there. If it's been two or three years, why not put it on the Loyalty Merchant? Or even have a special place on the Marketplace for it?