List of Solo Instances

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Sassinak, Jan 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

Valley of the Rogue Magi (16-20) - in Commonlands, requires access quest the first time, read the poster on the signpost at the crossroads. The zone itself is in the canyon beside Ruins of Valmarr. Medium sized zone with many possible named bosses.

The Shattered Vale (16-20) - in Antonica, to gain access, inspect the dead body guarded by wolves on the road north of Stormhold. Smaller instance but has a nice little "event" to complete.

The Prison of Admiral Grimgadget (20-25) - this is a fun event instance, with a series of puzzles to complete the first time. Access quest "999 Year Old Port" is obtained from Heron Cogcarrier at the docks in Commonlands, or Sparrow Cogcarrier at -2392.52, -38.89, -342.34 in Antonica.

A Pirate's Hidden Stash (20-23) - on the first beach in Thundering Steppes, look for a small bump on the beach that you can highlight. Medium sized, medium chance of named bosses.

The Rumbler Caves (22-26) - also in TS, at the sharp bend in the dry riverbed, just east of Thundermist Village. Again look for a bump that is highlightable, this one is very shallow and hard to spot. Medium sized, small chance of named monster at the end.

The Necromancer's Lair (25-29) - in Nek Forest, access quest is given by an NPC in the camp next to Behemoth Pond. Smaller zone, but has an event at the end with a boss encounter, and a guaranteed piece of loot.

A Gnoll Cave (25-29) - in TS, you must complete 2 quests for Tish in tower 3 to earn access. The zone in itself is just a few yards from tower 3. Medium sized instance with some scripted events and a boss elemental.

An Open Grave (27-30) - I never found this one myself, but I believe it is where the goliath skeletons live.

Tallon Hording Halls (29-33) - in Zek, in Blood Ore Valley, look for a door in the valley wall (it can appear in various places). Kill the 1-2 orc guards to enable entry. Small instance with small chance of 2 named bosses.

D'Morte Burial Chambers (30-34)
    - Bloodlines adventure pack. Located in Nek Forest just west of Gul'Thex citadel. Contains some heroic mobs that you do not have to kill.

Dire Hollow (31-35) - Bloodlines adventure pack. Talk to NPC in the camp at Timber Falls. The zone in itself is a little ways downstream on the river bank. Medium sized zone, not too interesting.

Sullon Mines (32-36) - probably the largest solo instance. In Zek, in Mythical Forest, look for a doorway around the valley wall guarded by 1-2 orcs (its exact location varies). Large cave system with at least 2 potential bosses.

The Cave of Wonder (32-36) - in Enchanted Lands, a very small bump in the ground (very hard to find) in the vicinity of the Bootstrutter marker in the spider area. Small instance, I never saw a boss. The monsters are all casters.

Cavern of Tangled Weeds (34-37) - also in EL, very small bump in the ground (very hard to find) in the twisted nymph area close to the lamias. Very small zone, don't expect much from this one.

Underrot Caverns (35-39) - Bloodlines. Talk to NPC in the camp at Timber Falls. The zone in itself is a little ways downstream on the river bank. Medium sized zone, more fun than Dire Hollow, with possible named bosses (roughly level 38).

Cleansing of the Cove (36-40)
    - in Feerrott, complete Mashara or Tarin's quests to earn access. One of the better and larger instances, and one of the few that respawn. Event at the end with a boss final fight, with guaranteed loot.

The Dark Den (37-40)
    - in Zek, look for a doorway guarded by scorpions in the valley wall around Titan's Tower (or even on the ramp up the tower), the exact location varies. Very small zone, but good chance of a named drake who drops loot.

Forbidden Sepulcher (39-43) - in Everfrost, inspect the dead barbarian in the "monitor lizard" valley. This instance is easier than Everfrost itself. Medium sized, fairly easy and fun, and has a boss event at the end, with guaranteed loot.

Splitpaw Arena (20-50)
    - Splitpaw. Splitpaw adventure pack. You must reach the Lower Tunnels village first. This is a trial of progressively harder opponents, 9 in all. You can quit at any point and collect rewards, but if you are defeated at any point you get no reward.

Delving into the Darkness (20-50) - in Thundering Steppes, the gnoll "terraporters" along Thundermist Road. Large solo instance with puzzles to solve using exploding barrels and stackable crates, and a boss at the end.

Trial of Harclave (20-50) - Splitpaw adventure pack. You must reach the Lower Tunnels village and then listen to the storyteller. A very unique and fun instance because you get a buff that lets you defeat heroic mobs. A long instance that takes up to 2 hours to finish.

The Hideout (20-50)
    - Splitpaw Adventure Pack. Get the quest "Flitch's Prank" from Flitch in the gnoll village (Lower Tunnels). A fun quest, with a boss at the end. Give yourself at least an hour to finish it solo, or bring friends.

Azhar's Penitence (47-52)
    - in Desert of Flames, in Sinking Sands, on the medium-sized island visible from the dock. Rub the genie bottle to gain access. You will face several opponents and then win your choice of reward.

Tears Grifters (45-60) - in Maj'Dul, talk to any Tears Grifter. Short missions that scale to your level, usually involve killing a handful of bad guys, and getting cash/XP/faction rewards. There are about 15 missions that are given out randomly, and you can request a new mission every 30 minutes.
  2. ARCHIVED-lalah Guest

level 10-13, ~assasins den @ thiefes way
    2 groups of mob, at the end 2 linked ^^ named that drop 2 level 12 leather legendary
  3. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

Great post!!! Thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Goodwill Guest

great post, I have been looking for some solo zones,,, please keep updating this :)
  5. ARCHIVED-UnluckyCharmz Guest

Incredible post, keep updating it as you find 'em!
  6. ARCHIVED-Leovinus Guest

Bloodskull Valley: Excavation Site. Lv. 15-19 or so, one guaranteed name at the end of a short ring event in the arena. Small/medium chance of several other names in zone. Access quest is (I believe) an eroded key, drop in CL.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cercsij Guest

Very nice and helpful. Thanks! :smileyhappy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

Leovinus, isn't BSV Excavation Site a heroic instance?

This list is for solo instances. We could make a separate list for heroic instances, I suppose.
  9. ARCHIVED-Driverdown Guest

Forbidden Sepulcher a quick note about this instance. I did it with everything gray to me, but just before the end boss, there was a epic Valkrye standing in the path. So, and forgive me if I'm wrong, if your faction with the valkrye's is bad, and your the appropriate level for the zone, might not be so easy to solo. Like I said, been a bit, did it a month ago when I was doing old quests in EF.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

Driverdown, you are thinking of Icespire Summit, which is a heroic instance for groups, and has that epic mob in the 2nd to last room.

The Forbidden Sepulcher uses the same zone layout as Icespire Summit, but has a different entry door, and is purely solo. The last mob in Forbidden Sepulcher is a level 42 sorceress.
  11. ARCHIVED-Leovinus Guest

BSV: The Excavation Site is solo. The named encounters are level 19 single ups. I've been doing it alone on my 19-21 brigand at least, to good effect.
  12. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

I did these when they first came out, rewards were very poor and generally they weren't worth the time.
    Has this situation been improved since? I see mention of named bosses which weren't present when I originally went.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

Anduri, you probably only saw the earlier ones that were lower quality. There are basically two generations of solo instances. The earlier ones were poor and felt rushed, and only rarely have named bosses, but do not have access quests. The newer ones have events inside that usually mean guaranteed loot, and some have respawning mobs, but also have access quests.

Newer/better solo instances
    ---------------------------
    Valley of Rogue Magi (16-20)
    Shattered Vale (16-20)
    Bloodskull Valley Excavation Site (19-23)
    Prison of Admiral Grimgadget (20-25)
    A Gnoll Cave (25-29)
    Lair of the Necromancer (25-29)
    Cleansing of the Cove (35-40)
    Forbidden Sepulcher (38-42)
    Splitpaw Hideout (20-50)
    Trial of Harclave (20-50)

Moderate quality - basically all of the Bloodlines instances
    --------------
    D'Morte Burial Chambers Acquisition (30-35)
    Dire Hollow (33-36)
    Underrot Caverns (35-38)

Older/worse solo instances
    --------------------------
    A Pirate's Hidden Stash (20-24)
    The Rumbler Caves (23-26)
    An Open Grave (27-30)
    Tallon Hording Halls (30-33)
    Sullon Mines (34-37)
    The Cave of Wonder (34-37)
    Cavern of Tangled Weeds (36-39)
    The Dark Den (37-40)
    Message Edited by Sassinak on 01-24-200609:35 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

You're right, all the ones I tried were in the rubbish category. Hopefully SOE will find time to revamp them a bit.

In the meantime, I'll give the others a go with my alts. Thanks for the list Sass :)
  15. ARCHIVED-LilBiggy Guest

Great post, I'll keep them in mind when I level up my alt!
  16. ARCHIVED-Nanite77 Guest

Yeah truly awesome post! :). Now how about a group one? I know of all the ones in dof of course, but are there more like that in the 1-50 zones? Anyway thanks for the great post, glad someone stickied it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Some solo instances if you're over 55 or want a challenge ;)

Miragul's Menagerie (Everfrost)
    - boss mobs are lvl 50^^^

The Vault of Flames (Lavastorm, Temple of Sol Ro)
    - boss mobs is lvl 50^^^, the rest about 46-48^^^

Alone in the dark (Splitpaw)
    - mobs are about 49-50, boss mobs about 52^^^
  18. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

vault of dust in clefts of rujark is also a solo zone if your a lvl 60
    and bastion of flames in sol eye
    Other than that, their aint much to solo at lv 60, unless you call dumping groups of mobs randomly a solo zone
    Message Edited by Pitt Hammerfist on 01-31-200606:22 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-KAMiX Guest

Completely bugged/incompleted zone - "Shimmering Citadel - Lost in the bottle", zone in from a djinn bottle that moves around sinking sands.

:)

Edit - Luhai/Pitty's posts don't count as those zones are full of heroic mobs ... Sure they are soloable, but they are not solo.
    Message Edited by KAMiX on 02-16-200610:46 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Hunadi Guest

Has anyone found any solo instances in the KoS expansion?