Linked accounts or "double/multiple accounts"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

It woud be nice to be able to share heirloom item between acounts of the same "familly. This would be done simply using a "shared"bank container or slot.

Some restrictions should be imposed to avoid abuse, the feature will be restricted to account prvably beloning to the same person or familly, one could for that use whatever method DBG would like.

The feature will cost a fix price + some reccuring cost (recurring cost should not be more 5 euros).

Another possibility would be to provide accounts from which one could log more that one character. As example someone with an account with "power"2 will be able to log 2 toons.

Here we have some issues since technically to have two toons logged and willing to access extension X, one should need to buy twice the extension for the account. That would require to keep track of how many token (here it is 0 1 or 2) has an acciunt for extension X.

One may too have to consider the proablem of cocurrent access to the shaed bank, but there is nothing new there since there is already a system dealing with concurrent access to the guild ban.

Last obvioously a power 2 account will have to pay 2 subs or to uuse 2 krono, but if ay some point only 1 sub has been paid nly 1 toons will be able to log.

SO, LINKED ACCOUNT SEEMS MUCH EASIER TI IMPLEMENT.
    Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

I asked for this a number of years ago. The answer received was "there are no plans to implement this", or something like that. It would be incredibly handy, though. I think the security for such a thing would have to be something like all accounts involved have the same billing details, the same CC used (no kronos) and once accounts are linked they are permenantly linked.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Sorry for all the typos, for me providing linked accounts is much easier than implementing power 2 (or n>=2) account. It would provide DBG with some extra cash with very little effort.

And yes same billing card and reccurent sub is a possible way to prevent abuses.

I m quite sure that many people would subscribe to such a feature.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I have a fairly vivid recollection that linking accounts was something they said they would at least consider a few years back. This year I opted to spend less on the expansion for my second account than I normally would because not being able to share in the wealth of the main account makes it too hard to keep the characters up.

I know they have our accounts linked for customer service and petitioning. I would even pay a reasonable one time service fee to link my 2 accounts........ and it would be reasonable to have to buy the expansions for both accounts (albeit a reduced rate for the second account would be a nice incentive!)
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Been asked for by community for years.

Maybe its not clear, but its not just for people that have multiple accounts, but all of us who have to stop/start raids constantly to get randomalt34 into raid to loot something cause its on randomraider13's 5th account.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Hmmm. You must have a very casual raid force.......
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me as well. I get tired of having to hand plat from one character to another, same person with same card at same address.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.