Link your EQII Videos!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

I think you guys/gals have a great idea with the in game capture feature. I've not tried it out yet because, as far as I can tell you don't get to edit before posting. I just started using Fraps and discovered I shot lots videos, but most of it is unusable. There are long periods between the action that would bore the viewers, we need to be able to edit before uploading or this great idea could end up creating a lot of uninteresting videos. And if people have to sift through too many boring videos they may not search for them at all.
    These are the kind of videos I would use this tool for, if I could edit them first.
    The fun of Nagafen
  2. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

This tool could be used for bug reports as well. Implement a "report as bug" square to check on the video recorder or uploading menu and you can link your videos with the bug reports.

Like this for example. Happened in thurgadin with a frying pan as well a few months ago, so it's obviously still around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBy0nIkbxEo
  3. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Katz wrote:
    It's in your main EQ2 folder. The file is called EQ2VideoCapture.avi.
    When the box pops up for you to upload the video, just hit cancel. The file will then stay there and won't get automatically deleted until you record another video. You can then edit it, rename it, etc. and then upload it however or wherever you choose.
  4. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Ummm... Like I said... good for bug reports, lol.

Anyone had this peculiar bug happening in Hold of Rime: Ascent?

I laughed so much when this happened yesterday. Mentally, not physically.

Anyway, the video.

Bugged Witch Doctor Vuh'Duh
    ---------------------------------------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nlcLt7Lhc
  5. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Pixiewrath@The Bazaar wrote:
    Yeah, that would have probably put us out of commission for a good 5 minutes at least while we laughed our rear ends off. Very nice video. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    How do you record video with Everquest II I haven't seen any options in game
  7. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Peogia wrote:
    From the update notes:
    VIDEO CAPTURE
    The ability to capture video and upload it to YouTube.com has been added. Note: 4GB of system memory is recommended when using the video recording feature. Systems with less than 4GB of memory may experience a decrease in performance when using this feature.
    • The Video Capture Window is now hidden by default (use the default hotkey Alt+y to toggle it).
    • After recording video, a file called EQ2VideoCapture.avi will be placed in your root install directory. If you record a second video it will overwrite this file.
      • A UI window to upload your video to YouTube.com will appear after recording video.
    • Video Capture Options/Settings:
      • Hotkey can be changed under Controls - Window Keys - Video Capture Window
      • Output quality can be set under User Interface - Video Capture
  8. ARCHIVED-g0dless420 Guest

New Video - Qhohatesbugs
    Small bug with naming the new Qho companion, it lets you name him breifly (about 2 to 4 seconds) and then his name reverts to the default.
    Already bugged it but heck it's fun to share videos (and this one got me the first achievement).
  9. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Gaftep@Everfrost wrote:
    That holy name and holy personality should never be ruined by a false name. There is the explanation. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-g0dless420 Guest

Pixiewrath@The Bazaar wrote:
    The Coldain Butler is exactly the same, and he is allowed to be named. Pets that aren't allowed to be named, such as the Chokemon pets, dont even let you attemp to name them with the same window.
  11. ARCHIVED-Celestial Knight Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Aidn0816 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

I created a trailer today using clips from all of the overland zones, and combined those with the music from the movie Pan's Labyrinth.

This is the result. I hope you like it!

(I had a lot more footage but sadly I could not use all of it due to the short length of the song.)
  14. ARCHIVED-Chakoty Guest

didnt know u can make video ingame now how do you do it?
  15. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

If I recall correctly you press CTRL + Y or Alt + Y to bring the tool up, or you can simply press CTRL + Printscreen to start/stop recording directly without using the tool.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mican Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I finally decided to give this a try. What I actually did though was take a short series of videos and edit them together rather then use the in-game upload feature. Anyway, here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LN...567AUAAAAAAAAAA
    *Edit: the link didn't seem to work once posted. Strange.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ceebia Guest

SOEMote videos
    I been making alot of them just so folks can see what SOEmote is capable of for various races. Current ones are as follows.

As you can see I still need to work on Half-Elf, Fae, Arasi, and Ratonga. Those should be released sometime tommorow, or with in this week.